• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US Justice Department expresses 'concerns' over the GOP's Arizona election audit being conducted by Cyber Ninjas

They will as long as they can continue to milk the sheep. As soon as the furdrasing income drops, they’ll try some noise to gin it back up (they milked Benghazi like that for several years). There’s also this fake made for right wing crackpot fake news network productions of the same circus in other states. I think they hope that if they can keep this noise up long enough, they will resurrect their wave for the mid terms. It’s the tea party play with a twist of Trumpism.
Yep, as soon as the "stolen vote" espcapade loses its luster, they'll likely resurrect Hunter Biden's laptop.

The 15th Amendment of the constitution disagrees with you. The Voting Rights Act is based upon the 15th Amendment and the Justice Department is authorized under the Voting Rights Act and the supremacy clause trumps state legislatures.
The US Constitution is clear. The administration of our electoral process is in the hands of each state's legislature. Period.

The US Constitution is clear. The administration of our electoral process is in the hands of each state's legislature. Period.
By that logic, a state can pass a law that states only white candidates can hold office, which we know is not true.

Reactions: jpn
By that logic, a state can pass a law that states only white candidates can hold office, which we know is not true.
I don't believe that's accurate. Still. The US constitution places the responsibilty for elections in the hands of the states. You may want to read it sometime.

I'll give you a clue here.

Voting Rights Laws and Constitutional Amendments

U.S. election laws date back to Article 1 of the Constitution. This gave states the responsibility of overseeing federal elections. Many Constitutional amendments and federal laws to protect voting rights have been passed since then.

It's an emphatic yes! I've started my list. Where's yours?
The question was "Leftists are destroying America for some reason known only to them. Do you think they have the intellectual depth or philosophical means to improve the country?" and you went directly to Republicans. That rather confirms my statement as you cannot seemingly support Leftist policies.

Do you think Barr could have been Trump's wingman? Or was that OK while Trump was in office? Everything a Trump supporter accuses the dems of doing, they are doing themselves or covering something up. Every time. It's Trump's best trait, next to lying.
I've noted this. They do this so they catch you in defending the idea that the group that claim did something hasn't.

The question was "Leftists are destroying America for some reason known only to them. Do you think they have the intellectual depth or philosophical means to improve the country?" and you went directly to Republicans. That rather confirms my statement as you cannot seemingly support Leftist policies.
I can support "leftist" policies with one hand tied behind my back.

As for "rightist" polices, do you even have any? Republicans don't care about policy, they just want to appoint conservative judges and "own the libs" over social identity issues.

Like I said, I know you libs like the back of my hand. Stop trying to destroy my country!
Yep, we're the ones bringing health insurance to tens of millions of people. Pretty awful!!!

I can support "leftist" policies with one hand tied behind my back.

As for "rightist" polices, do you even have any? Republicans don't care about policy, they just want to appoint conservative judges and "own the libs" over social identity issues.
You obviously cannot support them or you would have mentioned them. My point keeps getting made/

Yep, as soon as the "stolen vote" espcapade loses its luster, they'll likely resurrect Hunter Biden's laptop.
The laptop should have been investigated long ago, along with his gun violations. A two-tier justice system will not work for long.

Yep, we're the ones bringing health insurance to tens of millions of people. Pretty awful!!!
Yes, the millions of foreigners are especially blessed.

Yeah, you misspelled "republicans" as "leftists" for some reason.

As my list shows, it's republicans that are destroying the country through fear and greed. If they had a philosophy they would have expressed it in a republican party platform. But they don't so they didn't. They're too busy tearing themselves apart over Trump. They'd have better luck supporting the ghost of Herbert Hoover.

You obviously cannot support them or you would have mentioned them. My point keeps getting made/
Which ones? There are so many. But the ACA is a good start. More recently it's been the Covid relief policies. Next will be infrastructure I and II.

Compare that with Republicans policies. Massive tax cuts for rich corporations. And...that's about it. Oh yeah, coming within one vote of stripping health insurance from tens of millions of Americans. Can't forget that.

Yes, the millions of foreigners are especially blessed.
Nope. American citizens. Nice try.

Actually, terrible try. But I imagine that's the best you can do at trying to explain how stripping health care from millions of American citizens is good for the nation. After all, it works on Fox, amirite!?!

Because stares have constitutions too. None of them say a legislature can create a law which only allows white people to attain an elected position. Your diversion was silly and ignorant.
Do their Constitutions say they can't create that law? Can they not ammend those Constitutions?

Why do you think those Voting Rights Acts were passed in the first place?

What if they just passed laws which disproportionately made it harder for people of color to vote? Or gerrymandered districts to minimize their impact? Do you think that's impossible?

You are being disingenuous or ignorant or lazy or all of the above.

I don't believe that's accurate. Still. The US constitution places the responsibilty for elections in the hands of the states. You may want to read it sometime.

I'll give you a clue here.

Voting Rights Laws and Constitutional Amendments

U.S. election laws date back to Article 1 of the Constitution. This gave states the responsibility of overseeing federal elections. Many Constitutional amendments and federal laws to protect voting rights have been passed since then.
Please read the 15th Amendment:

Amendment XV

Section 1

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Section 2

The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

That means if a state passes a law that violates this, it’s an unconstitutional law.

Please read the 15th Amendment:

Amendment XV

Section 1

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Section 2

The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

That means if a state passes a law that violates this, it’s an unconstitutional law.
Yeah. Read the US Constitution. States are in charge.

Yeah, you misspelled "republicans" as "leftists" for some reason.

As my list shows, it's republicans that are destroying the country through fear and greed. If they had a philosophy they would have expressed it in a republican party platform. But they don't so they didn't. They're too busy tearing themselves apart over Trump. They'd have better luck supporting the ghost of Herbert Hoover.
I should also have mentioned the left's inability to focus because that's certainly evident here.

Nope. American citizens. Nice try.

Actually, terrible try. But I imagine that's the best you can do at trying to explain how stripping health care from millions of American citizens is good for the nation. After all, it works on Fox, amirite!?!
Never mentioned American citizens, just foreigners. Or are you denying foreigners aren't eligible for free medical care?

Yeah. Read the US Constitution. States are in charge.
Yes unless, according to my understanding, they ignore the Constitution. When the Democrats passed the Jim Crow laws which excluded many Blacks from voting, the Federal government stepped in, just as they did when the Dems were fighting against the desegregation of schools.

The laptop should have been investigated long ago, along with his gun violations. A two-tier justice system will not work for long.
Why are you claiming the laptop fiasco wasn't investigated. Remember, Rudy was leading that charge which should be a major clue to you that it was a pile of bullshit. What about that Durham report? That document that was going to prove all the MAGA folks right about the deep state's attempt to destroy "Saint Donnie"?

Yes unless, according to my understanding, they ignore the Constitution. When the Democrats passed the Jim Crow laws which excluded many Blacks from voting, the Federal government stepped in, just as they did when the Dems were fighting against the desegregation of schools.
You are engaging in the classic wing nut gas-light. The Democrats of the 1960's switched parties when the Civil Rights act of 1964 act was passed. Since then it has been the Republicans, not the Democrats that have imposed those Jim Crow laws culminating in that insane voter suppression bill GA just passed.

You guys are so adorable when you try that shit about the Democrats and Jim Crow (shaking my head).

Why are you claiming the laptop fiasco wasn't investigated. Remember, Rudy was leading that charge which should be a major clue to you that it was a pile of bullshit. What about that Durham report? That document that was going to prove all the MAGA folks right about the deep state's attempt to destroy "Saint Donnie"?
Rudy Giuliani has no official authority. That would be the job of the FBI.

What's this about "Saint Donnie"? Is that intended to be clever?

Back
Top Bottom