• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US jobless claims fall to lowest since start of year

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

Applications for U.S. state unemployment insurance fell by more than forecast to the lowest level since the start of the year, as Covid-19 cases decline and restrictions ease.

Initial unemployment claims decreased by 18,000 to 215,000 in the week ended Feb. 26, Labor Department data showed Thursday. The median estimate called for 225,000 applications in a Bloomberg survey of economists

With unemployment low and inflation high, I think it's a done deal that the fed will start raising interest rates soon.

High employment means jack when prices are so high, and inflation is rising. The only reason people aren't suffering so much now is because of the cash infusion directly to the public, not the rich and large corps, due to Biden policy.

" they aren't new jobs" you can't create new old jobs" "look at the blm! Look at the blm!"
"Liberal polices cant fix this mess and haven't produced a single job"

There I saved you all 16 pages of wasting your time.

High employment means jack when prices are so high, and inflation is rising. The only reason people aren't suffering so much now is because of the cash infusion directly to the public, not the rich and large corps, due to Biden policy.
That depends upon your income level, as the chart below shows.

Wage gains by income.png

With unemployment low and inflation high, I think it's a done deal that the fed will start raising interest rates soon.
The Fed has already indicated that they will be raising the interest rates this month and that there will likely be more than one increase this year.

That depends upon your income level, as the chart below shows.

View attachment 67378041

I thought my post made clear enough that the negatives were dependent on income. The pandemic has not, and inflation does not, negatively impact the highest incomes. Or am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom