• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US issues 'athlete' visas to League of Legends players

What do you have against eSports?

What do you have against eSports?

Clicking a mouse and pressing "wasd" isn't a sport, not much effort is involved.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport

Sport refers to the exercise of skill in a physical activity which is often competitive, and carried on for its intrinsic enjoyment, including that of its spectators

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_activity

Physical exercise is any bodily activity that enhances or maintains physical fitness and overall health and wellness

Just the easiest way to get them through the process would be my guess. You know Supermodels get priority admission into the US, whether they are coming to model or not which is fine with moi :mrgreen: I have heard that a lot of Middle Eastern and Near Eastern Muslims are admitted for religious scholarship and then just adjust status once they get here.

Hence eSports. Notice the "e"

I noticed but its more the fact that its Athlete visas indicating that some hard work is being put into it.

So Chess is not a sport according to you? Or Poker, or Bridge, or any card game....

I don't think so. I think chess, etc.. is a recreational game rather than a sport

I don't really consider people playing video games athletes, but it does make sense to bring them in on athlete visas, it's probably the most accurate category available.

I would think more along the lines of professional gamers. Not Athletes

Back
Top Bottom