• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US import/export partners by states

Bear5131

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
This is an interesting comparison

5807cf28c5240220008b590e.jpeg

55b680d22acae78b0e8ba340.png

the top trading partner of every U.S. state
The U.S. is highly dependent—perhaps unsurprisingly—on Canada and Mexico for trade. The country’s top trading partner is Mexico, making up 14.8% of total trade.
However, the country’s neighbors to the north and south are not the only trade partners that U.S. states rely heavily upon. This map from HowMuch.net uses flags to show which country each U.S. state is importing the most from. Below, there is an additional graphic showing where each state is exporting the highest amount of goods and services to.
Who are the states importing from?
The U.S. has a few natural and obvious trading partners, whether due to geographical closeness or strong economic ties.
The obvious candidates for top trading partners have already been mentioned, Canada and Mexico—and these two do show up at the state level as well. For example, Michigan gets 40.9% of its imports from Mexico, and Montana receives a whopping 87% of its imports from Canada.
Some other interesting trade partnerships stand out, like the Carolinas and Germany. Trade ties between Hawaii and Japan also make sense for historic reasons.

The thing that annoys me the most with dealing with american made stuff is that you guys still use imperial in a world gone metric.

So much easier to work measurements on a base ten which is easily divisible than have to calculate that to a base 12 which is imperial.

The thing that annoys me the most with dealing with american made stuff is that you guys still use imperial in a world gone metric.

So much easier to work measurements on a base ten which is easily divisible than have to calculate that to a base 12 which is imperial.
No kidding I don't care what they used
As long as it's just one. always consider it racket when you have to buy two sets of wrenches, sockets, Allen wrenches, metric and English

America tried to convert over under Jimmy Carter to the metric system but they say we rejected it, I don't see how because any kid knows it if they did drugs

It is also a pain dealing with old english cars because the buggers used left handed thread screws in some of their engines.

Also trying to fit a metric part to an imperial. You think they would make them the same but no, more money in making it just slightly different.

Not surprising.

A month ago, my FB feed got nailed with a whole slew of conservative-branded products. Hats, coffee mugs, stickers, etc. With catchy little, bumper-sticker phrases and pro-2nd Amendment, you get the idea. So, wondering why I was getting these ads, I researched them...and guess what I found?

Most of them took your private information and sold it off to third parties (always look at the fine print folks). A smaller percentage had complaints about delivery and quality of materials and when the number was called to complain...a heavily accented person answered the phone (according to the complaints listed). And here's the best part....

They say the product in made in America by veterans...which is technically true. If by that you meant that veterans are packaging and placing stickers on things. The actual item itself is made in another country usually China or somewhere in South or Central America!!!!! And when caught in the act, they blamed costs on inflation in America and that labor was cheaper elsewhere so what were they supposed to do about making coffee mugs and tee shirts with the American flag on them to sell to to American patriots? Obviously, farm the labor off outside the US and hope no one finds out!

Before you order, do your research.

Back
Top Bottom