• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US Hawaii: Lesbian pair held after kissing win damages

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
US Hawaii: Lesbian pair held after kissing win damages - BBC News

Honolulu City Council will consider the damages in early July. Donna Leong, of the city's Corporation Counsel, which advises on legal matters, said her department believed "the tentative settlement is in the best interests of the city".

After they initially complied with the order to stop kissing, the officer, Bobby Harrison, saw them being affectionate again and threatened to eject them from the store, their lawsuit said.

He later grabbed Ms Wilson by the wrist while she was at the checkout, the women said.

A scuffle broke out and the two were charged with assault, spending three days in jail.
Guess he is not up for promotion.

I remember all the right-wingers insisting that the girls must have been basically ****ing in the store.

Was this private property?

Was this private property?

The property owner wasn't involved. It was a cop who had no business butting his personal prejudices into citizens lives.

The property owner wasn't involved. It was a cop who had no business butting his personal prejudices into citizens lives.

So, it is private property? Thanks for simply answering the question.

I have a simple question of my own:

Does it make a difference whether it was private property?

Dumb questions don't get answers. Not from me, anyway, and that was a really dumb question.

I have a simple question of my own:

Does it make a difference whether it was private property?

Goddamn...I can't ask a question?...lol

Goddamn...I can't ask a question?...lol

We gotta answer your simple questions but you can't answer ours? ... lol

If a police officer gives you an order you're supposed to obey it.

I'm curious.

I remember all the right-wingers insisting that the girls must have been basically ****ing in the store.

Only thing I ever indicated, was what the eye witness indicated:

"There was French kissing. Their shorts were really short. They were grabbing bottoms and lifting shirts," she said.

She said she was appalled by what she saw in the aisles of the grocery store.

The witness backs up those claims: "He was asking them to go. You're drawing to much attention, you're causing a scene just leave the store and they chose not to do that," she said.

Only thing I ever indicated, was what the eye witness indicated:

Oh my lawd not grabbing bottoms. My oh my I do have the vapors.

Yes, because all combined, making out, grabbing ass and going under a shirt/lifting shirt up.. Is certainly lewd conduct in a public place.

It's called lewd conduct. He was absolutely right to arrest those homosexual perverts. It's sad that the cowards on the city council have settled.

It's called lewd conduct. He was absolutely right to arrest those homosexual perverts. It's sad that the cowards on the city council have settled.

Oh please. How often are heterosexual couples arrested for grabbing an ass?

Had a hetero couple been doing it.. They would have been asked to leave too. Had they not, likely same would have happened. You never would have heard about it on the news, because it wasn't too lesbians.

I don't know because the media (like everyone else) doesn't care when lewd heterosexuals are arrested for their behavior. It's only an issue when someone tries to apply laws to a protected group like homosexuals.

Eh. Such a small settlement. Almost certainly cheaper than taking the thing to trial and the risk associated with a jury.

Eh. Such a small settlement. Almost certainly cheaper than taking the thing to trial and the risk associated with a jury.

They should never have dropped the charges in the first place.

It's a sad day when criminals can take the police to court for enforcing the law, but DAs are too cowardly to press charges against the criminals.

Ah yes, in the Land Of The Free & Home of The Brave, a public display of affection is now grounds for going to jail. Who 'dat say we ain't got no police state?

If a police officer gives you an order you're supposed to obey it.

So if a police officer orders you to lick his balls will you obey it? Without question?

I doubt it

Only if the order is reasonable and justified should a person obey it. Police authority is not absolute

Back
Top Bottom