• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US guns are being aimed at Palestinian kids. Washington can take them away

oneworld2

Handsome Pitbull
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Given the persistent violations and impunity enjoyed by Israeli soldiers, setting country-specific conditions and limitations on funds to Israel’s armed forces are necessary to guarantee that U.S. taxpayers do not support grave violations of human rights against Palestinian children.

The Biden administration should end the United States’ belligerence with the international community, and cease efforts to obstruct and shield Israel from accountability, including at the UN Security Council.

This article highlights the growing and disturbing increase in the instances of live fire injuries and deaths suffered by Palestinian children at the hands of Israeli military/security during protests against the ongoing occupation and subsequent mass rights violations it ensures.

The article cites three indictments of Israeli soldiers out of a total of 155 instances, since 2013, and covers the slap on the wrist punishments meted out as a result, if any. There is a pretty much shoot with relative impunity culture amongst the Israeli military and the article goes some way to pointing out US tax payer complicity in events due to the US bankrolling of Israel despite the ongoing mass human rights violations of the Palestinians on a daily basis.

This article highlights the growing and disturbing increase in the instances of live fire injuries and deaths suffered by Palestinian children at the hands of Israeli military/security during protests against the ongoing occupation and subsequent mass rights violations it ensures.

The article cites three indictments of Israeli soldiers out of a total of 155 instances, since 2013, and covers the slap on the wrist punishments meted out as a result, if any. There is a pretty much shoot with relative impunity culture amongst the Israeli military and the article goes some way to pointing out US tax payer complicity in events due to the US bankrolling of Israel despite the ongoing mass human rights violations of the Palestinians on a daily basis.

You do know Israel has it's own military weapons capabilities.... Right?

Uzi, Galil, etc.

America can stop the export of rifles, MGs and pistols and the only net effect is someone feels good about it.

You do know Israel has it's own military weapons capabilities.... Right?

Uzi, Galil, etc.

America can stop the export of rifles, MGs and pistols and the only net effect is someone feels good about it.

Of course they have their own weapons, nobody is claiming otherwise.

If you had read the article you would have found that in one of the investigations of a lethal shootings of a Palestinian child, a Ruger rifle was identified as the murder weapon.

further............. from the OP

Even if you are not paying close attention, it is abundantly clear that U.S.-sourced weapons, from fighter jets to assault rifles, are being utilized in violation of existing U.S. laws. Furthermore, the several hundred million dollars in “off-shore procurement funds” suggests that U.S. taxpayer funds may be complicit regardless of whether U.S.-sourced weapons are involved.

I wonder how many Americans really understand how US bankrolling and diplomatic support makes their state complicit in the murders of children like those mentioned in the OP?

Palestinian kids shouldn't be doing things that make people point American guns at them.

Palestinian kids shouldn't be doing things that make people point American guns at them.

Right, so it's the kids fault that they get killed , not the fault of those pulling the triggers on them.

If the US veto were not protecting the state of Israel and thus enabling the continuance of it's sickening policies towards the Palestinians they may just be living their lives free from such dangers.

Of course they have their own weapons, nobody is claiming otherwise.

If you had read the article you would have found that in one of the investigations of a lethal shootings of a Palestinian child, a Ruger rifle was identified as the murder weapon.

further............. from the OP

I wonder how many Americans really understand how US bankrolling and diplomatic support makes their state complicit in the murders of children like those mentioned in the OP?

Yes. A ruger rifle.

And?

Haz u a point?

The Ruger in question is an attempt at a less than lethal alternative to military battle rifles....

Right, so it's the kids fault that they get killed , not the fault of those pulling the triggers on them.

Excellent. I was afraid I was going to have to go over this a few times. One could say mine was a "One shot. One kill" type of post. Nailed it!

Yes. A ruger rifle.

And?

Haz u a point?

The Ruger in question is an attempt at a less than lethal alternative to military battle rifles....

Where is the Ruger rifle made and how does it's use against Palestinian kids not violate US laws about supplying weapons to known HRs violators ?

Excellent. I was afraid I was going to have to go over this a few times. One could say mine was a "One shot. One kill" type of post. Nailed it!

Blaming the victim, I'm glad you are on the other side.

Blaming the victim, I'm glad you are on the other side.
AAAARGH., I was afraid of this....now I have to follow up...OK, there is no victim, there is an antagonist (the pali's) and there is the protagonist (the Israeli's with the guns that have to be pointed at the antagonists, the pali's)

AAAARGH., I was afraid of this....now I have to follow up...OK, there is no victim, there is an antagonist (the pali's) and there is the protagonist (the Israeli's with the guns that have to be pointed at the antagonists, the pali's)

Do you think the first nation Americans were the " antagonists ", or maybe the Australian aboriginals were the " antagonists " ?

Where is the Ruger rifle made and how does it's use against Palestinian kids not violate US laws about supplying weapons to known HRs violators ?

It is a rimfire .22 Rifle made by the Ruger company.

It is intended as a LESS THAN LETHAL alternative to military battle rifles....

Think for a moment. Do you want a LESS THAN LETHAL or and intentionally lethal military rifle pointed at Palestinians?

It is a rimfire .22 Rifle made by the Ruger company.

It is intended as a LESS THAN LETHAL alternative to military battle rifles....

Think for a moment. Do you want a LESS THAN LETHAL or and intentionally lethal military rifle pointed at Palestinians?

Non sequitur....................... I'll give you the questions again.

Non sequitur....................... I'll give you the questions again.

Have you EVIDENCE the rifle was fired with an intent to kill?

Have you EVIDENCE the rifle was fired with an intent to kill?

Another non sequitur

Your posts indicate someone that doesn't know how to debate properly.

You still have two outstanding questions that are directly related to the subject matter of the OP.

Another non sequitur

Your posts indicate someone that doesn't know how to debate properly.

You still have two outstanding questions that are directly related to the subject matter of the OP.
I think we need to hear testimony from the shooter.

Never bring rocks to a gun fight

I think we need to hear testimony from the shooter.

I'm sure he gave it in the inquest but what relevance is it to the subject about how US weapons supplies and funding, along with US diplomatic support for the state of Israel enable the mass human rights abuses the state prosecutes agains the Palestinian people ?

I'm sure he gave it in the inquest but what relevance is it to the subject about how US weapons supplies and funding, along with US diplomatic support for the state of Israel enable the mass human rights abuses the state prosecutes agains the Palestinian people ?
Because those weapons are appropriate to put down a violent protest. If the shooter was trying to protect lives what he did was appropriate

Never bring rocks to a gun fight

Nice throw away line but it's not a gun fight, hence why one side are using rocks.

Vegas' is keeping score?

Tell us how many Palestinian's get killed by Israeli soldiers?
Too many. And too many Israeli soldiers get killed too

Because those weapons are appropriate to put down a violent protest. If the shooter was trying to protect lives what he did was appropriate

Are they? You think that live rounds into a crowd of protesters is what should be considered as an " appropriate " response ?

The usual criteria for a shooting that is made in self defence is that the person/persons shot present an imminent and mortal danger to the person doing the shooting. You seem to be a whole lot more gung ho than most but maybe it's because it's Arabs on the receiving end ?

Let's see your consistent support for the use of live rounds into the ranks of protsters when the protesters are US citizenstaking part in the protests in the coming months regarding the out going president.

For a little more context to your position, you do know that these protesters are being illigally settled by the civilians of an occupying power ? And that the protests are, as such ,a legitimate form of expression/ resistance ?

Back
Top Bottom