• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US funding terrorism through Pakistan

joe six-pack

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I intend to demonstrate the total failure of US foreign policy, by following the money from the US treasury, to Pakistan to terrorists who want to destroy America. No one wants to talk about this and few bother to report on it.

But this is important for a number of reasons and I want to have a debate about it.

Let me start with aid funding. The Pakistan Government, basically a dictatorship, relies on the US for about a billion dollars of it's four billion dollar defense budget. The US has been giving Pakistan about a billion dollars a year since at least 2002. [1] A billion dollars a year for about eight years. Is eight billion dollars too much money for the US to hand to terrorists and dictators?

According to leaked US intelligence reports, know as Wikilinks, it's a well known fact that Pakistan, it's Government and Military, has armed, trained and coordinated Taliban and al-Qaeda attacks in Afghanistan. These are backed up with reports over the span of the so-called "War on Terror." [2] More like "Funding of Terror"; also known as "In Shock and Awful."

Here is some reading from US reports.
Wikilinks said:
They are thought to have collaborated with terrorist leaders to order suicide bombings over the last six years.
The US was well aware of this throughout George W Bush's terms.

It shows a hypocrisy in the rhetoric of US foreign policy makers.
Wikilinks said:
Vehicles were allegedly filled with explosives in Pakistan before being driven across the border into Afghanistan, sometimes with ISI collusion.
The US helped pay for both the vehicles and the explosives--and not only that, but we continue to support that oppressive regime. Pakistan also has nuclear weapons. Does this sound failure? 1. Oppressive Regime 2. Has WMD's 3. Known Support to Terrorists. Can anyone think of another country that has been described in those terms? Starts with an I and we just pulled out the last combat brigade.

I realize Pakistan is not the first dictatorship that the US has supported. Nor is it the first Nuke capable dictatorship the US has supported. Nor is it the first Nation we've supported which aided criminals and terrorists. But it is the first time so much raw data has been exposed about such a country.

Is the solution to buy our enemies? Shouldn't the American public know that we aid people who actively support the people who attacked us on 911? Not only that, but we have been doing so since 2002? That's almost immediately after we were attacked.

Am I the only person in this country that thinks this subject is worth talking about?

The next logical question remains; why did we support Pakistan, a known sponsor of terrorism, throughout the Afghanistan war?

Everything we accused Saddam's Iraq of doing, Pakistan did and continues to do with the full knowledge of US intelligence agencies.

Iraq didn't have nukes, Pakistan does. Iraq wasn't supporting Al Qaeda, Pakistan did and continues to do so. Yet we gave Pakistan billions of dollars.

How is that not a foreign policy failure? How is that a success by any measure? Was the "mission accomplished," or was it a gigantic joke?

Okay, no one thinks tax-payer money going to terrorists and dictators is a bad thing. Got it.

America you are an apethetic Nation and I am quickly losing hope in the average Joe.

Back
Top Bottom