• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US employers hire 1.4M in August as unemployment rate falls sharply

Conservative

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
US employers hire 1.4M in August as unemployment rate falls sharply | Fox Business

The U.S. economy added 1.4 million jobs in August as the unemployment rate unexpectedly tumbled, indicating the nation's labor market is continuing a slow, but steady, recovery from the coronavirus pandemic.

The Labor Department's payroll report released Friday showed the jobless rate fell sharply to 8.4%, down from 10.2% in June and a peak of 14.7% in April. It marks the first time since March that unemployment is below 10%.

Great news as the economy continues to recover from the shutdown

Not good news fort radical liberals

Except the unemployment rate is way up from what it was under Obama because the moronic spray painted cult leader mismanaged a pandemic.

Isn't this good news? (Not much of that lately.)

What is the current unemployment rate? Whatever it is would it be considered good or bad if Obama was president?

Except the unemployment rate is way up from what it was under Obama because the moronic spray painted cult leader mismanaged a pandemic.

Oh, come on, quite pimping for posts!!

What is the current unemployment rate? Whatever it is would it be considered good or bad if Obama was president?

right and the pandemic really never happened!! Let's see, shutdown the economy so we have bad economic numbers to blame on Trump!

Awesome news. I hope this trend continues.

right, returning jobs, just like Obama had and you gave him credit for and yet he didn't have the economic shutdown to stop the spread

Bad form to what-about your own OP.

Bad form to what-about your own OP.

Bad form? Returning jobs from a pandemic is bad form? Was it bad form when Obama spent 842 billion dollars on a shovel ready job stimulus and got Returning jobs? Seems to me there was a lot of credit given by you for those returning jobs. Did you support the economic shutdown? Looks like liberal governors are fighting a losing battle with the American people

Isn't this good news? (Not much of that lately.)

Sure. I suppose it could be a point of contention for the folks who complain about temporary jobs:

Fox News article said:
Government hiring helped boost the figure -- the lowest in four months -- with the addition of 344,000 employees, which accounted for about one-fourth of the total gains. The increase stemmed largely from the federal government's hiring of 251,000 workers, 238,000 of whom were temporary Census workers.

The good news is some of the industries most affected by the pandemic (leisure/hospitality etc.) are starting to see gains; that will hopefully not be impacted by any new surges. What I hope is the temporary workers in those government jobs will have other work once those jobs are over.

Nitpicking on your title: far more than 1.4 million were hired...the net change in jobs was 1.4 million: hired minus fired - retired - quit.

But my main question is whether you consider this to be a gain in jobs?

Right, gloom and doom is all that matters, NO it isn't a gain in jobs, 6.6 million from January 2017 to February 2020 WAS a gain in jobs, these are mostly returning jobs. Seems that returning jobs is what the left celebrated with Obama

right and the pandemic really never happened!! Let's see, shutdown the economy so we have bad economic numbers to blame on Trump!

If he wants to continue to take credit for the recovery he needs to take the blame for where we were.

US employers hire 1.4M in August as unemployment rate falls sharply | Fox Business

Too bad we have a leader that considers the pandemic a public relations problem instead of a public health problem.

Germany for example has an unemployment rate half the rate of ours and a death rate one fifth the rate because they followed the science. There is no good reason we couldn’t have done the same.

Not good news for radical conservatives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Too bad we have a leader that considers the pandemic a public relations problem instead of a public health problem.

Germany for example has an unemployment rate half the rate of ours and a death rate one fifth the rate because they followed the science. There is no good reason we couldn’t have done the same.

Not good news for radical conservatives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What really is sad is we have people like you who are civics challenged always placing blame and never accepting personal responsibility. Reality really doesn't resonate with the left, let's see if this sinks in

RECOVERIES ACTIVE TOTAL
9/3/2020 Cases Deaths

United States 6,267,899 189854 3.0% 3370243 2707802 6078045 189,854

Need some help here?? 6.3 million cases, 6.1 million recoveries, and less than 190,000 deaths in a country of 330,000,000. Seems gloom and doom is what you want to promote

And then by all means don't let facts get in the way of your personal opinions, the death to infection rate in this country is 3% showing the effectiveness of our healthcare system vs. 3.8% in Germany, if you contract the disease by your own actions where do you want treatment, here or Germany?

Right, gloom and doom is all that matters, NO it isn't a gain in jobs, 6.6 million from January 2017 to February 2020 WAS a gain in jobs, these are mostly returning jobs. Seems that returning jobs is what the left celebrated with Obama
Just making sure you were being at least somewhat consistent.

Oh and I do consider them new jobs so no doom and gloom from me

Last edited:
right and the pandemic really never happened!!

Well, then. I suppose I should tell my brother that his two dead employees are actually still alive.

Just making sure you were being at least somewhat consistent.

Oh and I do consider them new jobs so no doom and gloom from me

Like with Obama(target was 146 million as that the number of taxpayers the first quarter 2008 thus the target and he left us at 152 million) Trump 152 million to 158 million February 2020. I don't consider those new as I have no way of knowing that those were new jobs, I prefer counting taxpayers. Looks like jobs are returning and that means more taxpayers

Most of those new jobs were federal jobs to handle the census. That means they are temporary positions. From CNBC today....

"Government hiring helped boost the total, with the growth of 344,000 workers accounting for a quarter of the monthly gain. Most of that hiring came from Census workers, whose rolls increased by 328,000."

Jobs report August 2020: Payrolls increase by nearly 1.4 million as the unemployment rate tumbles

Most of those new jobs were federal jobs to handle the census. That means they are temporary positions. From CNBC today....

"Government hiring helped boost the total, with the growth of 344,000 workers accounting for a quarter of the monthly gain. Most of that hiring came from Census workers, whose rolls increased by 328,000."

Jobs report August 2020: Payrolls increase by nearly 1.4 million as the unemployment rate tumbles

LOL, most of Obama's jobs were part time and were celebrated, gloom and doom, keep promoting it. Maybe if liberal states will reopen then we will get back to that incredible Trump economy

Back
Top Bottom