• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US economy added 312,000 jobs in December

Conservative

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy...jobs-in-december-missing-passing-expectations

[FONT=&quot]U.S. employers added 312,000 [/FONT]jobs[FONT=&quot] in December, blowing past Wall Street’s expectations for an increase of 177,000 jobs, even on the heels of a tumultuous month for the markets that saw the Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 post their worst performance since the Great Depression[/FONT]

Another month and economic results ignored by the left. Highest number of jobs created since the late 90's. Shows how those so called tariffs have hurt this country.

Keep focusing on the negative while Americans are going back to work. Total employment increase since Trump took office, 4.8 million, Previous months revised upwards as well. All good news thus that news has to be ignored by the radicals

Damn you Trump! Dammit!

And that's why the market's flying ...

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy...jobs-in-december-missing-passing-expectations

Another month and economic results ignored by the left. Highest number of jobs created since the late 90's. Shows how those so called tariffs have hurt this country.

Keep focusing on the negative while Americans are going back to work. Total employment increase since Trump took office, 4.8 million, Previous months revised upwards as well. All good news thus that news has to be ignored by the radicals

Whats truly amazing about the employment numbers is that we are basically at full employment. At some point employment gains would have to taper off simply because anyone who wants a job has one.

Whats truly amazing about the employment numbers is that we are basically at full employment. At some point employment gains would have to taper off simply because anyone who wants a job has one.

What is even more positive is the fact that Part time for Economic reason jobs are declining meaning these are full time jobs thus more people funding FIT, a reduction of 100k from November

Add this to the mix:

The national seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate for Hispanics and Latinos in the U.S. labor force hit its lowest level on record in December of 2018, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) data released Friday show.

In December, the unemployment rate for Hispanics and Latinos, aged 16 and up, was 4.4%, down from 4.5% in November - tying its record low of 4.4% set in October of this year. BLS began tracking Hispanic-Latino employment data in 1973.

The number of Hispanics employed set a new record high of 27,701,000 in December, as their unemployment rate fell to a record low. The number of Hispanics employed, participating in the workplace, and civilian population all rose in December, as Hispanics' labor force participation rate increased from 66.8% to 67.0%, recording its fourth straight monthly increase.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/hispanic-unemployment-rate-hits-record-low-december

One of the things that the job numbers showed was that about 124,000 people moved from part-time work to full-time work.

Well, what happening is the job market participation level is going up. I suspect that's figuring into these recent month's employee numbers. We've finally had some moderate wage growth too, which doesn't hurt employment participation either.

Dude, your link is a year old. Its from January 5 2018. This is 2019.
Too funny! I wonder how much time he spent trying to dig up something negative.

“Highest number of jobs created since the late 90's.”

As usual, you provide no evidence to support what you claim. Regardless, one month does not make the economy.

“All good news thus that news has to be ignored by the radicals”

As usual, you continue to ignore the fact that today’s economy is sailing on the wind from the Obama economy. The rate of employment growth, job creation and unemployment is no better under Trump than was under Obama. You can’t, as I’ve advised you before, prove any significant difference.

BTW, the % wage increase shown in the article you linked is misleading. It is not “real wage difference” because it does not account for inflation. I don’t know what the inflation rate was for the 12 mos. ending in December, but in November it would put the 12 mos. wage increase at about .2%. Furthermore, real weekly wages went DOWN because of fewer average hours worked per week. Your main thrust is to cast aspersion. Trolling.

If you can’t back up your claim, as I’ve advised you before, your claim is unfounded for lack of evidence and you lose the debate.

As I've said before, if you reply with nothing different to support what you say, like statistical evidence, do not expect another reply from me.

unemployment rate actually went up because more people are back in the market. Participation rate gained .4% year over year. Hard to find anything bad about this report - unless you're a democrat - then it's all bad news.

What is even more positive is the fact that Part time for Economic reason jobs are declining meaning these are full time jobs thus more people funding FIT, a reduction of 100k from November
And discouraged worked are coming back. A little know statistic - quits went up; people who voluntarily quit their jobs - most to find a better one.

“Highest number of jobs created since the late 90's.”

As usual, you provide no evidence to support what you claim. Regardless, one month does not make the economy.

“All good news thus that news has to be ignored by the radicals”

As usual, you continue to ignore the fact that today’s economy is sailing on the wind from the Obama economy.
The rate of employment growth, job creation and unemployment is no better under Trump than was under Obama. You can’t, as I’ve advised you before, prove any significant difference.

BTW, the % wage increase shown in the article you linked is misleading. It is not “real wage difference” because it does not account for inflation. I don’t know what the inflation rate was for the 12 mos. ending in December, but in November it would put the 12 mos. wage increase at about .2%. Furthermore, real weekly wages went DOWN because of fewer average hours worked per week. Your main thrust is to cast aspersion. Trolling.

If you can’t back up your claim, as I’ve advised you before, your claim is unfounded for lack of evidence and you lose the debate.

As I've said before, if you reply with nothing different to support what you say, like statistical evidence, do not expect another reply from me.

Fascinating.

What was that significant piece of legislation Obama enacted that is pushing our economy like a locomotive nearly 2 years after his presidency ended?

Cash for clunkers?

No matter how hard the left tries to derail the economy Trumps successful policies just keep working.

Well, what happening is the job market participation level is going up. I suspect that's figuring into these recent month's employee numbers. We've finally had some moderate wage growth too, which doesn't hurt employment participation either.

That's definitely a good sign. The market is pretty competitive and it's pretty good if you're looking for work.

Back
Top Bottom