• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US couple who pointed guns at BLM protesters 'to speak at Republican convention'

Puigb

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Mark and Patricia McCloskey, who are both lawyers, were filmed brandishing weapons as demonstrators marched along their private Missouri street in June.
They gained national prominence after the clip was widely shared, and were later charged over the incident.
The couple said they armed themselves because they felt threatened.
On Monday, their lawyer told the New York Times that Mark McCloskey would "definitely be speaking" at the Republican National Convention (RNC).
The scaled-down event is due to take place between 24 and 27 August in Charlotte, North Carolina.
But Patricia McCloskey is not expected to speak. "She will be at her husband's side," the lawyer, Albert Watkins, said.

US couple who pointed guns at BLM protesters 'to speak at Republican convention' - BBC News

LOL, I don't normally watch conventions, but I may tune in a bit next week to see the atrocity the GOP "virtual" convention" undoubtedly will be, as they renominate their orange God.

The fact that they have this couple speaking (or just the husband?)...man oh man the Biden campaign and Anti Trump Republicans are going to have a field day with this.

LOL...of course.

LOL...of course.

Trump has his alt right trolls and bots working hard on youtube now trolling the Biden/DNC convention videos.

I'd bet they turn off the comments for the RNC convention videos, knowing the disaster that comment section will end up being.

Say what you guys want, I bet they'll be effective for the audience.

Maybe for the entire country since now black extremists are marching in Seattle’s residential zones screaming at “gentrifiers” to “return our homes to us” at two in the morning while mocking them for having jobs.

Theyre prime witnesses to the lawless anarchy that the dem controlled cities are undergoing.

US couple who pointed guns at BLM protesters 'to speak at Republican convention' - BBC News

LOL, I don't normally watch conventions, but I may tune in a bit next week to see the atrocity the GOP "virtual" convention" undoubtedly will be, as they renominate their orange God.

The fact that they have this couple speaking (or just the husband?)...man oh man the Biden campaign and Anti Trump Republicans are going to have a field day with this.

Will they be barefoot, probably slightly tipsy, and pointing guns at the audience? Think it will help their case in the courts?

Oh, no doubt. Some of the posters above me are perfect examples of the kind of "audience" the RNC is looking for to drag Trump's fat carcass across the finish line in November. They can't win on policy, so this nonsense is the best they have.

Last edited:
Theyre prime witnesses to the lawless anarchy that the dem controlled cities are undergoing.
Umm it was them waving guns around, the protestors just walked by, crazy protesters...………...

I’ll wait to see what they have to say before I pass judgment on them speaking, but it seems some have already made that call without hearing a word they said. I’m sure they will have a couple of lawyers proofread their remarks and make sure they don’t say anything that could hurt their court cases

They're horrible people.

They sue everyone they come in contact with.

The guy even sued his dad.

Some school put up beehives for the kids. The guy destroyed the beehives and told the school that he'd sue if they ever tried something like that again.

Kudos to the RNC for the guts to invite that couple.

If it infuriates some people, so what? They would never have voted for President Trump anyway.

That couple's appearance will remind many undecided voters what is stake on November 3.

Most Americans want to live peacefully in a nice neighborhood without being harassed by uncouth protesters.

If it infuriates some people, so what? They would never have voted for President Trump anyway.

That couple's appearance will remind many undecided voters what is stake on November 3.

Most Americans want to live peacefully in a nice neighborhood without being harassed by uncouth protesters.

Guts? You think inviting this dufus couple is brave?

Hahahahahahaha....

I’ll wait to see what they have to say before I pass judgment on them speaking, but it seems some have already made that call without hearing a word they said. I’m sure they will have a couple of lawyers proofread their remarks and make sure they don’t say anything that could hurt their court cases

What could they possibly say that will get people to vote for trump who weren't going to vote for him anyway? The trump administration is known for pulling stunts like this. Nothing new.

What could they possibly say that will get people to vote for trump who weren't going to vote for him anyway? The trump administration is known for pulling stunts like this. Nothing new.

I don't think the Republican National Convention is for anyone who isn't going to vote for the Republican nominee...

Changing minds of undecided voters is the job of campaign ads and rallies.

Umm it was them waving guns around, the protestors just walked by, crazy protesters...………...

False. They were protecting their house against trespassers and vandals.

Compare and contrast....

You think either one of them will brandish a weapon to liven up the crowd?

Compare and contrast....

Thank you for the video, but I do not see the connection between that young lady blaming President Trump for COVID-19 deaths and the people in that St. Louis neighborhood being harassed by that group of losers.

Can't the Dems have the decency to let people who live in the few St. Louis neighborhoods that are still nice and safe just live out their lives without being the victims of such troublemakers.

Have a nice day!

Thank you for the video, but I do not see the connection between that young lady blaming President Trump for COVID-19 deaths and the people in that St. Louis neighborhood being harassed by that group of losers.

Can't the Dems have the decency to let people who live in the few St. Louis neighborhoods that are still nice and safe just live out their lives without being the victims of such troublemakers.

Have a nice day!

Which do you think appeals more to the undecided voter?

Which do you think appeals more to the undecided voter?

Hi!

I do not know the answer, but I am hoping that the "undecided voter" who happens to live in a nice neighborhood wants to keep it that way.

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! talk about a party of hate!

Hi!

I do not know the answer, but I am hoping that the "undecided voter" who happens to live in a nice neighborhood wants to keep it that way.

and how is that done by a President?

How does a President keep your neighborhood just like it is? Stop people from moving? Not letting "certain" people buy?

Just what is it you want?

Back
Top Bottom