• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US commander admits Biden's deterrence strategy failed in Ukraine

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Biden has been attempting to turn abject failure into some kind of political victory but the truth has a way of coming out and in this cesspool administration the shit is rising to the surface.

"You as a combatant commander felt that you were part of an inter-agency effort intended to deter Vladimir Putin from invading Ukraine?"

That's correct," Wolters responded. "Deter and dissuade."

"Would it be fair to say that deterrence failed in Ukraine?" Gallagher pressed.

"I can't argue with your conclusion," Wolters finished.

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out why the dumb question was asked. Putin invaded. We know this. Any attempt at deterrence obviously failed. It's just the obvious served up as red meat.
Not any attempt at deterrence, just the BIden attempt. The one he now claims wasn't meant to deter.

Reactions: PoS
Biden told Putin at the outset go ahead and invade Ukraine but just not too much. A second Russian genocide of Ukraine quickly ensued. If Putin is a war criminal why isn't Biden?

Biden has been attempting to turn abject failure into some kind of political victory but the truth has a way of coming out and in this cesspool administration the shit is rising to the surface.

"You as a combatant commander felt that you were part of an inter-agency effort intended to deter Vladimir Putin from invading Ukraine?"

You'd rather already be in a shooting war in Europe?

Biden told Putin at the outset go ahead and invade Ukraine but just not too much. A second Russian genocide of Ukraine quickly ensued. If Putin is a war criminal why isn't Biden?
Based on what?

"Admits"?

:LOL: @Chainsawmassacre

I think it's painfully obvious that Russia was not deterred, seeing as they did in fact invade and we've all known it since they did it. Where does the partisan compulsion come from to turn that into "commander admits"? Nobody called the invasion "fake news."

And on the counterfactual side of the coin, we also all know that had Trump been president you would be calling the invasion fake news. You'd be parroting the "just cleaning up nazis" propaganda and anything else Carlson/Hannity ordered you to say on Trump's behalf.

It must really burn your ass knowing that we were right about Trump all along, and that Biden has performed far better than Trump did and would have done.

Mi
If Putin’s stunningly stupid decision to invade Ukraine reflects poorly on anyone, surely it’s Joe Biden.
Biden's stupid decision was thinking threats of sanctions and diplomacy would stop Putin. Now he stupidly decides to deny those tactics were meant to dissuade which is saying he did nothing to dissuade. How stupid is that?

Actually its the cesspool at DP that rises to the surface again and again with these ridiculous and rather obvious Putin Parrot threads.

Do you work at Fox? Your headlines are as misleading as theirs are.

Right, it's all Joe Biden's fault that Putin thought he could win.

Lol.

"Admits"?

:LOL: @Chainsawmassacre

I think it's painfully obvious that Russia was not deterred, seeing as they did in fact invade and we've all known it since they did it. Where does the partisan compulsion come from to turn that into "commander admits"? Nobody called the invasion "fake news."

And on the counterfactual side of the coin, we also all know that had Trump been president you would be calling the invasion fake news. You'd be parroting the "just cleaning up nazis" propaganda and anything else Carlson/Hannity ordered you to say on Trump's behalf.

It must really burn your ass knowing that we were right about Trump all along, and that Biden has performed far better than Trump did and would have done.

What a cultist sort of comment using a hypothetical to make your argument. Seems sort of strange coming from someone who considers himself the debate Politics intellect.

:ROFLMAO:

Mi

Biden's stupid decision was thinking threats of sanctions and diplomacy would stop Putin. Now he stupidly decides to deny those tactics were meant to dissuade which is saying he did nothing to dissuade. How stupid is that?
Biden could not have "stopped" Putin because Putin is engaged in a war of conquest. He wants Ukraine and thought he could have it...in fact, have it easily. Biden had no tools with which to stop Putin from attempting this madness. The only things that would have prevented Putin's invasion was:
- a clear understanding of the actual capabilities of his own military assets
- a clear understanding of Ukrainian fighting spirit and desire to resist him

What a cultist sort of comment using a hypothetical to make your argument. Seems sort of strange coming from someone who considers himself the debate Politics intellect.

:ROFLMAO:

See? They even run here to try to save this idiotic disaster of a thread with the usual canned bullshit.

Not any attempt at deterrence, just the BIden attempt. The one he now claims wasn't meant to deter.
WTF are you talking about? If anyone attempted to deter Putin; Biden, NATO, anyone, they obviously failed. Because...wait for it...WE ALREADY KNOW PUTIN INVADED.

Dumb question. Your daily biden bitch syndrome session was acknowledged in #2.

Red meat. Gorge yourself.

Deterrence requires rational decision-making. Given what we’ve learned about Putin in the past month, he’s an idiot and/or barely in touch with reality. So prospectively stopping him from wrecking his economy and humiliating his military doesn’t seem to have ever been in the cards.

See? They even run here to try to save this idiotic disaster of a thread with the usual canned bullshit.
90% of your stuff is pre canned. Am I wrong?

I am fairly impressed that you actually got through a post without your usual pre canned inane Trumpist comments.

Biden could not have "stopped" Putin because Putin is engaged in a war of conquest. Biden had no tools with which to stop Putin from attempting this madness. The only things that would have prevented Putin's invasion was:
- a clear understanding of the actual capabilities of his own military assets
- a clear understanding of Ukrainian fighting spirit and desire to resist him
Arming Ukraine to the teeth with stingers and Javelin missiles along with saying we had Ukraine's back before and during diplomatic efforts would have been negotiating from a position of strength instead of weakness. "Pausing" weapons to Ukraine along with his minor incursion remark gave Putin incentive to invade.

90% of your stuff is pre canned.

Oh wow, you noticed that I and others regular refer to your Trumpist bumper sticker crap as "canned bullshit", and you've totally *gotten* me by saying my words back to me. Brilliant, USN. Just brilliant.

Next you could try "I know you are but what am I?" It'll impress your Trumpist buddies and get you the chicks.

______
Pro-tip: no amount of troll posts will obscure the idiotic fail that is this thread and your knee-jerk defense of it.

Back
Top Bottom