• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US commander admits Biden's deterrence strategy failed in Ukraine

If Biden had flooded Ukraine with stingers and javelin missiles Putin would not have thought this was a walkover.
NOPE....You are playing with hypotheticals and claiming they make an argument. They don't.

Everyone knew the sanctions were a joke. They didn't even work on Cuba. Clearly our media needs to get behind Biden. Hunter can wait until after this is over. He has been a loser his entire life. Nothing new here. We can deal with him after the Ukraine situation.

Biden is out matched as it is dealing with Putin. We don't need to distract him now. It can get much worse if Harris ends up in charge. We (our media and people) need to back our president when dealing with Putin. We can can hopefully elect a better leader at the next election. Putin needs to hear from our media that the people are behind our leader. It is our best option at this point.

I'm waiting for the day a Trump devotee can post on topic and not bring up Hunter Biden.

I'll probably be dead before that happens.

LOL The trhead is about Biden and you immediately deflect to Trump like you always do. TDS noted! :ROFLMAO:

You need to point out to @PIPEWRENCH that he suffers from HBDS.

Of course, the smart people know that Trump was the POTUS immediately before Joe Biden, which is why mentions of him are often relevant. Mentions of Biden's son are not relevant to a thread about the Joe Biden "strategy" in Ukraine.

Yeah, yeah, BBS. You and Mitch.

(If you want to disguise yourself as a control freak, you need to slow down. Your current effort stretches credulity.)
I consider a debate over and a victory for myself when my opponent suddenly wants to talk about me instead of the subject.
Have a nice day and better luck next time

I consider a debate over and a victory for myself when my opponent suddenly wants to talk about me instead of the subject.
Have a nice day and better luck next time
You're a hoot chainsaw. You're not debating. You're incessantly blathering your opinions as if they're factual. Repeating things that everyone already knows. You just bitch about Biden. That's not debate. Get over yourself.

Just say the truth and admit his threats if sanctions were meant to stop Putin. Quit lying to us Biden.
I was actually talking about the general.

But now that you bring it up, Biden's job is not to tell us what he'll do, his job is to confuse Russia in public and keep them off balance.

I was actually talking about the general.

But now that you bring it up, Biden's job is not to tell us what he'll do, his job is to confuse Russia in public and keep them off balance.
His job in this case was to dissuade Putin from invading Ukraine. Obviously he failed.

FOX News invites only invites those who are like them = when are they are they ever telling the truth......

And there you have it. Biden operated from a position of fear instead of strength.

Has nothing to do with Biden's actions or his reasoning, I'm saying given that we now know Putin was going in no matter what, people like you would now be blaming Biden for instigating the conflict via escalatory actions. Putin's either nutty or dumb, neither of which is Biden's fault.

Has nothing to do with Biden's actions or his reasoning, I'm saying given that we now know Putin was going in no matter what, people like you would now be blaming Biden for instigating the conflict via escalatory actions. Putin's either nutty or dumb, neither of which is Biden's fault.
Biden stopped arms shipments to Ukraine as he attempted to convince Putin not to invade by threatening sanctions. He put all his eggs in one basket which is never a good thing.

So what WILL work, oh wise one? The world is waiting for that answer.
What would have worked would be not giving Russia the money to fund this war. Even Trump warned NATO and Germany. He is just a businessman and saw this coming. You give a leader like Putin the money to fund a war and them say what happened when he does attack. NATO should have been a lot stronger. Not at our taxpayers expense but the countries of Europe who are in danger of just such an attack as we have seen with Crimea and Ukraine. The countries bordering Russia should have had the equipment to repel a Russian attack and the people trained to use those weapons. If you decide to build the dike after the flood then this is what will happen.

Putin most likely would not have made this attack if knew for sure that his planes would be shot down and his tanks would be decimated. These are not offensive weapons but defensive weapons. These weapons were needed before the attack to be effective in avoiding a war just like a dike is needed before the flood.

"Admits"?

:LOL: @Chainsawmassacre

I think it's painfully obvious that Russia was not deterred, seeing as they did in fact invade and we've all known it since they did it. Where does the partisan compulsion come from to turn that into "commander admits"? Nobody called the invasion "fake news."

And on the counterfactual side of the coin, we also all know that had Trump been president you would be calling the invasion fake news. You'd be parroting the "just cleaning up nazis" propaganda and anything else Carlson/Hannity ordered you to say on Trump's behalf.

It must really burn your ass knowing that we were right about Trump all along, and that Biden has performed far better than Trump did and would have done.
Trump warned NATO about this happening when Germany started funding Putin's war. Most likely this would not have happened if Trump was president. Even Trump knows you need to arm Ukraine before the attack and you don't give a man like Putin the money to fund such an attack.

His job in this case was to dissuade Putin from invading Ukraine. Obviously he failed.
That WAS the job. But since Putin did anyway, now there's a new job.

You don't just stop when you fail, you try another method.

Ukraine isn't a NATO country
Another irrelevant, idiotic comment. Anyone with a brain knows that if Russia attacks Ukraine, NATO is going to have some type of reaction to it, whether it be a strong reaction or a weak reaction.

And Trump definitely deserves the blame, for trying to sabotage NATO for 4 years like the Russian puppet he is.

Biden has been attempting to turn abject failure into some kind of political victory but the truth has a way of coming out and in this cesspool administration the shit is rising to the surface.

"You as a combatant commander felt that you were part of an inter-agency effort intended to deter Vladimir Putin from invading Ukraine?"

That's correct," Wolters responded. "Deter and dissuade."

"Would it be fair to say that deterrence failed in Ukraine?" Gallagher pressed.

"I can't argue with your conclusion," Wolters finished.

This is ****ing silly because it's worded as if this was something discovered and revealed, when all they did was agree with someone asking them the equivalent of "is water wet?"

I expect they had a sarcastic tone in their voice too, I would have.

I'm waiting for the day a Trump devotee can post on topic and not bring up Hunter Biden.

I'll probably be dead before that happens.
When Joe stops using his political influence to make Hunter rich. You will be dead before the corruption by Joe Biden and Hunter are finally revealed.

It's true, as I already discussed. Russia experts disagree with your Trumpster drivel. --

The fact remains that Putin waited until Biden was president. All the experts in the world cannot prove Putin would have attacked if Trump were president. That is a bridge too far and a lie by anyone trying to pass it off as fact.

An alternative not a hypothetical
A hypothetical. You are claiming that Putin would not have attacked IF BIDEN HAD DONE MORE of something or the other. That is a hypothetical.

You are calling it an "alternative" because you think it helps your argument blaming Biden. It doesn't.

The fact remains that Putin waited until Biden was president. All the experts in the world cannot prove Putin would have attacked if Trump were president. That is a bridge too far and a lie by anyone trying to pass it off as fact.

None of this excuses Trump being Putin's bitch for 4 years. Trump is a traitor.

Lets not forget that lying murdering butcher Putin lied continually all the way up to his attack, claiming that he would not attack.
Everyone but Biden knew Putin was going to attack. Just ask Hillary. She screwed with Putin and he cost her the presidency. All the lies about Putin was helping Trump was the biggest pile of crap I have ever heard. Putin does not help America or our president. He does get even though. Biden should have known just by what happened to Hillary Putin was going to attack. Unless Biden is senile enough to believe the lie that Putin helped Trump. I guess he could be.

Back
Top Bottom