• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US Capitol rioter who tried to flee to Switzerland is jailed pre-trial

Ikari

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left

Judge Emmet Sullivan said Jeffrey Sabol was too dangerous to release due to the flight risk and because he might continue his fight against "perceived tyranny" once he is out of jail.
"He stripped a vulnerable police officer of his police baton," Sullivan wrote in a 64-page ruling. "He then used that stolen police baton to force another officer away from his post and into a mob of rioters who proceeded to viciously attack him, leaving him bleeding from the head."
Sabol's lawyers have said his behavior on January 6 "appears to have arisen in the context of a hysterical throng," and they submitted letters to the court from friends and associates attesting to his "peaceful and nonviolent" history. His attorneys also claimed that video of Sabol's alleged assault was unclear as to whether he was "helping, rather than harming" one of the officers.
His lawyers also said Sabol was "lied to" about the 2020 election by former President Donald Trump as well as Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani and longtime political adviser Roger Stone.

Just a college kegger that got out of hand.
lol
Well it's good that they've captured some of the 1/6 Seditionists and that they are now facing charges. This dude, though, was apparently a geophysicist, which I found a bit surprising, but I guess any group can have their crazies. He's been in jail since arrested because he was trying to flee the country. But I think the line about "being lied to by Trump and CO" is going to be a common, though invalid, excuse from these folk.

lol
Well it's good that they've captured some of the 1/6 Seditionists and that they are now facing charges. This dude, though, was apparently a geophysicist, which I found a bit surprising, but I guess any group can have their crazies. He's been in jail since arrested because he was trying to flee the country. But I think the line about "being lied to by Trump and CO" is going to be a common, though invalid, excuse from these folk.

It really isn’t a difference between smart people and stupid people.

Smart people can be stupid about things they don’t know much about or care to understand.

And people who know nothing about the world except the pre conceived notions in their head may be brilliant in their field, but not in politics.

But yeah, the Trump losers are all trying to rewrite history in the “college kegger” mode.

It’s about as credibility as. their rantings about vote fraud.

Sabol's lawyers have said his behavior on January 6 "appears to have arisen in the context of a hysterical throng,"

There you have it folks, what the Right fringe is really like.

First storm the Capitol to take selfies so you are easily found.

Then, blame Trump for motivating you, as if you can't think for yourself.

Then try to flee the country.

Then blame the "hysterical throng."

Trumpers are truly a unique people, completely full of themselves, but when push comes to shove, blame someone or something else for their behavior.

Sabol's lawyers have said his behavior on January 6 "appears to have arisen in the context of a hysterical throng,"

Trumpers are truly a unique people, completely full of themselves, but when push comes to shove, blame someone or something else for their behavior.

“Frankly, no. I take no responsibility at all”

Donald J Trump

Their lodestar!

Lock him up!!

Lock him up!!

“Frankly, no. I take no responsibility at all”

Donald J Trump

Their lodestar!
HE IS RESPONSIBLE, but so are the rioters who posed for selfies and thought they were being smart.
I am just waiting for the next Trumper to jump on here and say, yeah what about BLM and them riots, as if two wrongs make a right .

lol
MAGA!

It really isn’t a difference between smart people and stupid people.

Smart people can be stupid about things they don’t know much about or care to understand.

And people who know nothing about the world except the pre conceived notions in their head may be brilliant in their field, but not in politics.

But yeah, the Trump losers are all trying to rewrite history in the “college kegger” mode.

It’s about as credibility as. their rantings about vote fraud.

I see it everyday here from Trumpers, attempt to downplay the insurrection. Oh Jan 6 will not go away so easily, despite there attempts to rewrite what is was, a violent insurrection to stop the people's buisness.

Without a doubt the biggest meltdown post election loss in American history. I for one will never let these yokels forget, nor will the history books, they should feel shame.

womp-womp for him

I see it everyday here from Trumpers, attempt to downplay the insurrection. Oh Jan 6 will not go away so easily, despite there attempts to rewrite what is was, a violent insurrection to stop the people's buisness.

Without a doubt the biggest meltdown post election loss in American history. I for one will never let these yokels forget, nor will the history books, they should feel shame.
It was beyond temper tantrum, and we need to take this act of seditious domestic terrorism seriously. We can't have mobs storming Congress trying to stop the certification of the EC because they didn't like the results of the election. This wasn't a college kegger that got out of hand, this was an armed mob assaulting officers and attempting to subvert American Democracy.

It is true, for at least some of them, that 'deplorable' was an accurate description. I'd add 'despicable', too.

lol
Good luck getting bail. pal!

Good luck getting bail. pal!
Apparently he was arrested mid-Jan and has been in jail ever since. He ain't getting bail, no matter what creative excuses his lawyers come up with.

Apparently he was arrested mid-Jan and has been in jail ever since. He ain't getting bail, no matter what creative excuses his lawyers come up with.
Not at all!

These guys are getting a hard lesson in reality. Too bad for them, that they didn't use a little sense & fore-thought before they embarked upon these shenanigans. Actions have consequences.

We're getting quite the real-life experience of group think/group-delusion, with these Trump supporters. It's all really quite shocking, to be honest.

. . . and those that actively took part should face criminal, civil, and societal consequence. We should never have to trave this rode again.

Not at all!

These guys are getting a hard lesson in reality. Too bad for them, that they didn't use a little sense & fore-thought before they embarked upon these shenanigans. Actions have consequences.

We're getting quite the real-life experience of group think/group-delusion, with these Trump supporters. It's all really quite shocking, to be honest.
Yeah, but I think fore-thought would preclude any act of sedition, so they were never on that track to begin with.
Some of these folk seem legitimately surprised that they're being arrested and charged for their attempt to undermine American Democracy. But que sera sera, you try to overthrow our elections through a violent, armed mob and you're gonna find yourself looking at jail time.

106.jpg

Yeah, but I think fore-thought would preclude any act of sedition, so they were never on that track to begin with.
Some of these folk seem legitimately surprised that they're being arrested and charged for their attempt to undermine American Democracy. But que sera sera, you try to overthrow our elections through a violent, armed mob and you're gonna find yourself looking at jail time.
Yep. That's the most amazing part. They seem oblivious to reality. But yet, like all of us, they retain the right to vote. I don't know what's scarier: their 6 NOV actions - or their voting their delusions!

How do you steal an officer's baton and threaten another officer with it in a "helping manner"?

"His attorneys also claimed that video of Sabol's alleged assault was unclear as to whether he was "helping, rather than harming" one of the officers. "

lol
It is not a unique example either.

"Now, nearly five weeks after the attack, researchers at the University of Chicago have concluded that the majority of the rioters were not members of far-right groups but "normal" Trump supporters — part of his political base. Among them were doctors, lawyers, architects and business owners. "What we are dealing with here is not merely a mix of right-wing organizations, but a broader mass movement with violence at its core,"...

It is not a unique example either.

"Now, nearly five weeks after the attack, researchers at the University of Chicago have concluded that the majority of the rioters were not members of far-right groups but "normal" Trump supporters — part of his political base. Among them were doctors, lawyers, architects and business owners. "What we are dealing with here is not merely a mix of right-wing organizations, but a broader mass movement with violence at its core,"...

Tis a scary thought, and shows the real threat Trump was to America and the Republic.

Curious why no Trumpers are participating on this thread.

face-with-one-eyebrow-raised_1f928.png

Tis a scary thought, and shows the real threat Trump was to America and the Republic.
Couldn't agree more, and his continued promotion of the big lie continues to motivate anti American actions. DoJ and state AG's must take actions to stomp out the lie by prosecuting 45 on every civil and criminal violation.

Back
Top Bottom