• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

US Canadian Relations Talking to an American

powers007

Reaction score
The following is a conversation that I have been having with an American citizen. A simple question got blown way out of proportion. We’ve been exchanging emails and I feel that he is misguided. I know I’ve been a little nasty with the guy but he just didn’t know where to stop. I really feel that this kind of mentality is what is wrong with the US today. He has a Master’s degree and he served in the military. I want to be clear that I don't hate the United States, I just feel that the country has been misguided and brainwashed and needs to find it's place in the world community again. His email is ****@allegiance.tv Maybe someone can talk some sense into him. Below is a record of our emails;

"What would be the cost via USPS to a P.O. box in zip 74502 (Oklahoma) Thank you."

To: ****@allegiance.tv
It shouldn't be too expensive. It's packed in an envelope. Try canadapost.ca.

as you seem to be too damned lazy to check shipping prices for a potential customer, you'd probably be to 'f'ing lazy to send it. As a business person YOU SUCK. And, as you can tell (if you have the brains to do so), I WOULD NEVER PURCHASE ANY 'F'ING THING FROM A LAZY PIECE OF CRAPOLA LIKE YOU.

Wow that's quite a statement there, did you think about it all on your own? I get over 10 questions everyday asking me about the shipping price. I really don't have time to lookup and estimate the shipping price for every single email. As I stated in the auction you will pay exact shipping costs! I will refund you the difference if you overpay for shipping, I will even refund you 5 cents if you overpay for shipping and I have in the past. A lot of people on ebay don't do that. If I had to guess, I would say it costs around $10 USD. Don't forget I will refund the difference and if u want take a picture of the receipt and email it to you.

With a masters degree, being retired military Special Forces, having just sold a thriving business based on great CUSTOMER SERVICE, which you seem to lack. I don't NEED to "think" about what and how I write to rude, asinine people. As I stated, I would NOT bid on anything you have to offer due to your attitude, or lack of.

I really don’t know what your problem is. I don’t know why you’re even trying to impress me with your education and military training. I’m Canadian and I really don’t respect the American military anyway and your so-called master’s degree can easily be questionable. Sure I can easily do that as well, I have a degree. Also I got my degree at the best University in Canada which is #2 in the world right now for math, right behind a Russian University that won this years math competition, however we’ve won it many times before. Do you want me to continue?, I could continue all day listing numerous awards that I’ve received as well and competitions that I’ve won. But I’m sure by now you’ve realized that this isn’t a ******* contest.

I’m very happy that you’ve sold a “thriving business”. You know Wal-Mart is a thriving evil American business that is ruining your country and mine. They have great customer service there as well; they let me return anything I want after 90 days of use without question. I’m only going to say this once so that you can understand, obviously you didn’t get it in my last email. I’M NOT RUNNING A BUSINESS; I’M SELLING CRAP I DON’T WANT ON EBAY. I really don’t want you to bid on any of my items; if you do I’m going to remove your bid.

Your people skills really seem to shine. I especially liked the uses of the words “crapola” and “you suck”. I wonder if this is how you treated customers that you thought were “asinine or “rude”. This further leads me to believe that you are just a child trapped in the body of military trained person with a MBA. I think you’re full of “Crapola”.

Don't "respect" the USA's military? I have nothing but respect for the Canadian Military, in fact I instructed quite a few of them. Let me ask you this, IF Canada were to get into trouble just WHO would they call on for help? The USA, of course. But then you wouldn't appreciate that would you, jerk 'o'? Do me a favor, explain Einstein's theory of relativity to me since you seem like a 'brainiac'. I sense you have a ton of 'book sense', but very little, if any, good old common sense. Yes, tell me about your "awards" and "competitions" you've won. Did you ever serve your country as I served mine? Were you ever awarded a Silver Star, or a Bronze Star, or a Purple Heart, or the Soldiers Medal? I doubt it as you sound like a yellow 'peacenik'!

I will, unfortunately, have to agree with your statement on Wal-Mart. And you probably are "selling crap" on eBay. And it would be a cold day in hell before I would ever bid on anything you offered on eBay as I don't want to get RIPPED OFF!

Yes, my people skills do, in fact, SHINE. Otherwise I wouldn't be giving seminars through out the Southwest. And you bet, those who were "asinine and/or rude" were told, bluntly, that I didn't want or need their business! Seems as if you've learned a new word, "crapola", which I'm sure you'll more than likely use at some future date. "Child trapped in the body of (a) military trained person with a MBA"--THANK YOU! You see after being in Viet Nam (2 1/2 tours) I firmly believe that life is short and the grave is deep and I HAVE FUN, CHILDISH FUN, if you even know what that means. "Full of crapola"? I think not as I just took a long Eloi and wiped my Perez. Just how much cowardly French do you have in you? I will close saying that you are cordially invited to attend the theological place of eternal punishment.

Adieu forever and a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I originally wasn't going to respond to your email because I thought it was incredibly ignorant, like most Americans, but I've decided to put you in your place. I'm not sure what did it, maybe it was Bill O'Reilly's (Fox News) arrogant views when he insulted all Canadian's on his show for being Liberal or maybe when the US Senate decided to disallow Canadian Beef imports over Canada not joining the missile defense shield. Again I could go on all day about the problems of US-Canada relations and how the entire country, yes the entire country according to polls done by the CBC, feel cheated by the United States and would prefer to distance ourselves from your country.

Unlike the United States who has alienated practically every country in the world, Canada has no enemies. We have nothing to fear from any country. I'm not sure if you watch the BBC, I'm sure you watch FOX News, but people in Iran and other Middle Eastern countries are all chanting "death to American's". Our Prime Minister (Paul Martin) has already clearly stated that we do not need the United States to protect us from an imaginary enemy.

As you can see there's no lack of common sense here. However I'm sure you feel otherwise in a culture based on constant fear and consumption. I don't wake up in the morning fearing a terrorist attack or turn on the TV to see what color of fear awaits me today. Did I mention that the US buys more oil from Canada then any other country? Canada has never been at war so there really hasn't been any need to serve my country militarily. I'm not really
interested in mentioning my awards or explaining the theory of relativity to you because I have nothing to prove to you, you seem to think otherwise, and I really don't think your feeble brainwashed mind would be able to comprehend any of it.

I'm beginning to pity those who you give seminars too; I really hope your ignorance and inanity doesn't rub off on them. I really don't know where you got your MBA from but I'm sure it was some military funded school that didn't require much competence.

I wouldn't consider the Vietnam War an accomplishment. It was a pointless war that the administration rushed into just like Iraq. You didn't even win the war even though you were facing an inferior enemy. Most people in the country were against the war yet I'm sure you went anyway because you wanted to be a good soldier and serve your country, another sign of being brainwashed. It turned out that the incident that started the war was an accident and the administration used it as an excuse to fight the communists. It seems that another generation of Republican's hasn't learned their lesson. I studied the Vietnam War, a lot of historians described it as a bloody massacre where a lot of innocent women and children were killed or raped. I can see why you said, "the grave is deep and I HAVE FUN, CHILDISH FUN". I had a normal childhood that didn't involve any guns or GI Joe's. (Everything I mentioned above is a Historical Fact)

I'm not just like the "Cowardly French", I'm like the rest of the world. My views and opinions are shared by all of Europe, Canada, Russia, etc. Then again you're just a brainwashed soldier who just follows orders and doesn't question them. I really can't expect much from someone like you.

The US economy is beginning to fail and you have no one to blame but yourselves. Just to take examples from the media,

-The United States is 49th in the world in literacy (the New York Times, Dec. 12, 2004).

-The United States ranked 28th out of 40 countries in mathematical literacy (NYT, Dec. 12, 2004).

-Twenty percent of Americans think the sun orbits the earth. Seventeen percent believe the earth revolves around the sun once a day (The Week, Jan. 7, 2005).

-"The International Adult Literacy Survey...found that Americans with less than nine years of education 'score worse than virtually all of the other countries'" (Jeremy Rifkin's superbly documented book The European Dream: How Europe's Vision of the Future Is Quietly Eclipsing the American Dream, p.78).

-Our workers are so ignorant and lack so many basic skills that American businesses spend $30 billion a year on remedial training (NYT, Dec. 12, 2004). No wonder they relocate elsewhere!

-·"The European Union leads the U.S. in...the number of science and engineering graduates; public research and development (R&D) expenditures; and new capital raised" (The European Dream, p.70).

-"Europe surpassed the United States in the mid-1990s as the largest producer of scientific literature" (The European Dream, p.70).

-The leading cause of death of pregnant women in this country is murder (CNN, Dec. 14, 2004).

-The United States has lost 1.3 million jobs to China in the last decade (CNN, Jan. 12, 2005).

-U.S. employers eliminated 1 million jobs in 2004 (The Week, Jan. 14, 2005).

-Three million six hundred thousand Americans ran out of unemployment insurance last year; 1.8 million--one in five--unemployed workers are jobless for more than six months (NYT, Jan. 9, 2005).

-Japan, China, Taiwan, and South Korea hold 40 percent of our government debt. (That's why we talk nice to them.) "By helping keep mortgage rates from rising, China has come to play an enormous and little-noticed role in sustaining the American housing boom" (NYT, Dec. 4, 2004). Read that twice. We owe our housing boom to China, because they want us to keep buying all that stuff they manufacture.

-As of last June, the U.S. imported more food than it exported (NYT, Dec. 12, 2004).

-Bush: 62,027,582 votes. Kerry: 59,026,003 votes. Number of eligible voters who didn't show up: 79,279,000 (NYT, Dec. 26, 2004). That's more than a third. Way more. If more than a third of Iraqis don't show for their election, no country in the world will think that election legitimate.

-One-third of all U.S. children are born out of wedlock. One-half of all U.S. children will live in a one-parent house (CNN, Dec. 10, 2004).

-"Americans are now spending more money on gambling than on movies, videos, DVDs, music, and books combined" (The European Dream, p.28).

-"Nearly one out of four Americans [believe] that using violence to get what they want is acceptable" (The European Dream, p.32).

-Forty-three percent of Americans think torture is sometimes justified, according to a PEW Poll (Associated Press, Aug. 19, 2004).

-"Nearly 900,000 children were abused or neglected in 2002, the last year for which such data are available" (USA Today, Dec. 21, 2004).

This was printed in a US publication. You definitely have a lot to be proud of. The only thing that the United States is #1 in the world is in weaponry, consumer spending, debt, greed and delusion. Welcome to your reality asshole, your life is now meaningless. Did I hear a bubble burst?

Have a nice day

I will not say I or the USA is perfect. I will not say I or the USA is right or wrong in the wars we've had and will have. I will say, however, that we, the USA, had the guts to face our enemies, win lose or draw which is a hell of a lot MORE than you yellow, French Canadians can say. Seem like Canada, as other countries, enjoy the mega dollars you get from the USA, yet like other countries you refuse to "back us up" when asked. You say Canada "has no enemies", little boy you've been thoroughly brain washed. Were it not for the USA just how many European countries would be ENJOYING FREEDOM? And that INCLUDES Canada. And just how in the hell has the USA "cheated" Canada.

I received my MBA from the University of Maryland, no military establishment.

No I don't listen nor watch Fox or CNN news. I get my news from a number of internet sites. I do not trust any "regular" media as they are bought and paid for - just like the BBC.

You CANNOT be a leader and NOT alienate many.

From all the hog wash you have stated and indicated and referred to I can only come to one conclusion, and that is you are nothing more than a cowardly communist piece of scum with little or no morals or common sense whatsoever. Study your history and see how many times the USA has purposely AND secretly saved Canada's ass.

I will no longer trade quips with you really don't know what the hell you're talking about. Oh, by the way, I did not for one minute believe you could explain the theory of relativity to me.

Save your breath as I will not open any of your commie emails.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Debate Politics.

I've edited your post and removed an e-mail address. If you want to post your e-mail address I have no problem with that. But posting a person's private e-mail address in a public without their expressed consent could lead to problems.

Back
Top Bottom