• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US boasts successful hypersonic missile test, after Russia used similar weapon in Ukraine

Awesome!
Is there anything written in that article that specifically states that this is the first-ever-on-earth swear-to-god United States of America military hyper sonic vehicle like going back to maybe 1960? Why on earth do you guys vice jaw your own scrotum with such force is beyond sensible.
We are never behind any nation in any military technology... ever!

Is there anything written in that article that specifically states that this is the first-ever-on-earth swear-to-god United States of America military hyper sonic vehicle like going back to maybe 1960? Why on earth do you guys vice jaw your own scrotum with such force is beyond sensible.
Sorry but your last statement is simply so untrue that I can’t even be sure you are serious.

Sorry but your last statement is simply so untrue that I can’t even be sure you are serious.

Russia is a third world starving shithole with 10% of our budget. There is zero ****ing chance they have any tech on us.

The OP is subtly suggesting Russia has tech on us. It's unAmerican horseshit.

Russia is a third world starving shithole with 10% of our budget. There is zero ****ing chance they have any tech on us.
I wasn’t talking about Russia.

Though some of their cyber stuff is really good. But still most of our stuff is much better then this.

Awesome!

We first began fooling around with these in the 1970's if I remember correctly.
Not surprised that the rollout was so quick, just had to take designs out of mothballs and update them a little bit I bet.

Russia is a third world starving shithole
No they’re not. What you mean is they have fewer hedge fund managers and leftist NGOs funded with debt.
with 10% of our budget. There is zero ****ing chance they have any tech on us.
Most of our budget is on contractors and higher relative pay.

It’s not exactly true that our budget is on development. In fact Russia has many military advantages on the US especially in Artillery and Air Defense systems

Lol. Evaluating other countries is now “unarmerican”

Damn, the left went from “America is an evil racist country full of Hicks and racist police” to “questioning any element of America’s military is unamerican”

Lol

Not necessarily true, though. We're not necessarily more advanced than 100% of the nations on earth with 100% of weapons systems.

Are we more capable of developing pretty much any weapon we want? Yeah, I'd think so, but in reality, we develop weapons based on the threats we prioritize, and sometimes we're slow to catch up to those threats. The U.S. has, for the past 15-20 years, been focusing on winning wars against insurgency groups like Al Qaida and the like. We've probably become as advanced as any nation on the planet in terms of fighting house to house, which is a capability Russia's military would love to have right now.

But Russia and China prioritized their missile systems because they knew that they're at a disadvantage relative to the U.S. Russia's missiles travel farther than ours. They also have multiple reentry warheads with the capability of evading anti-missile defense systems with the use of decoys. Now could the U.S. develop these technologies within 6-18 months? Absolutely, but we're caught off guard, and the reason is, Russia made it a priority to invest in their missile systems.

To be clear, Russia's not going to launch a first strike on us anytime soon because a) we'd still detect the incoming missiles in time to launch our Minutemen missiles, and b) we have nuclear subs that are hard to detect. We could decapitate Russia with an attack on Moscow and St Petersburg.

Truthffully, I think Russia's hypersonics are more a threat to European cities than the U.S.

I really don’t care what he is suggesting.

And I think it is unAmerican to think that it’s impossible that anyone could have something we don’t so we shouldn’t be pushing ourselves.

No they’re not. What you mean is they have fewer hedge fund managers and leftist NGOs funded with debt.

Most of our budget is on contractors and higher relative pay.

It’s not exactly true that our budget is on development. In fact Russia has many military advantages on the US especially in Artillery and Air Defense systems
That may be true, but none of it has helped in Ukraine.

That may be true, but none of it has helped in Ukraine.
Helped who? Russia is winning in Ukraine, in spite of leftists overhyping some setbacks of Russian forces, the Ukrainians are losing.

Helped who? Russia is winning in Ukraine, in spite of leftists overhyping some setbacks of Russian forces, the Ukrainians are losing.
Yeah, winning. But not very well, their winning has killed more Russian troops by far in 2 months than American troops in 20 years in Iraq and Afghanistan. 9800 Russians vs 6800 Americans

Yeah, winning. But not very well, their winning has killed more Russian troops by far in 2 months than American troops in 20 years in Iraq and Afghanistan. 9800 Russians vs 6800 Americans
Russia is fighting a state on state war with a country that has a very large military uses similar equipment, and knows their battle doctrine.

That is not the same thing as The fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Russia is fighting a state on state war with a country that has a very large military uses similar equipment, and knows their battle doctrine.

That is not the same thing as The fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.
20 years vs 2 months, says a lot actually.

20 years vs 2 months, says a lot actually.

Probably the most stunning this is how much the Russians have regressed. They performed better in 2008 when they were still in their post-break up quagmire than they have in Ukraine. It boggles the mind.

Probably the most stunning this is how much the Russians have regressed. They performed better in 2008 when they were still in their post-break up quagmire than they have in Ukraine. It boggles the mind.
Having a yacht based society will do that.

Georgia is a much smaller nation than Ukraine, and their military is largely composed of criminal gangs and conscripts.

In the Iraq war we got a couple hundred Georgians to come over and join our invasion of Iraq, and they were basically like how rich people use illegal aliens. They were cheap labor, we paid the Georgians 500 dollars a month Versus the higher wages paid to American soldiers, and that $500 a month was like twice their salaries in Georgia.

Like the Georgia National Guard was literally formed by letting prisoners out on furlough.

You can’t compare invading Georgia with invading Ukraine.

Georgia is a much smaller nation than Ukraine, and their military is largely composed of criminal gangs and conscripts.

I thought the Ukrainians were all Volksturmn and ad hoc militia?

In the Iraq war we got a couple hundred Georgians to come over and join our invasion of Iraq,

And they did pretty good.

In the August war the Georgias ambushed a battalion of Russian troops from the 135th Motor Rifle Regiment. The Russians responded by breaking off into small tactical elements and dispersing themselves into the local urban areas, where they holed up and began calling in artillery and air strikes against the Georgians.

Under increasingly accurate Russian fires, and faced with the daunting task of rooting out the Russians bloc by bloc, the Georgians fell back to regroup, only to collapse when a ballistic missile hit their staging area.

A single battalion stopped two Georgian brigades. An incredible and noteworthy accomplishment.

In Ukraine single tanks and squads have destroyed Russian convoys while Russian troops abandon their vehicles and flee. At Trostianets the 93rd Mechanized took on the 4th Guards Tank Division and knocked out a third of the divisions tanks, forcing it to retreat back to Russia.

The Russians have drastically underperformed. If they were doing good, their entire northern offensive wouldn't have collapsed.

I really don’t care what he is suggesting.

I do and I don't give a **** if you do.

I stand against anti-American propaganda. That's what that OP is. Some people don't see it. I point it out. You don't need to give a **** and I don't care if you do.

I do and I don't give a **** if you do.

I stand against anti-American propaganda. That's what that OP is. Some people don't see it. I point it out. You don't need to give a **** and I don't care if you do.
Cool story

Back
Top Bottom