• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US Army Warrior Commercials

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The Army has been running a few commercials that resemble action movies or video games; not much of the “hurry up and wait” that I recall.

The message, notwithstanding the narrative, seemed to be "If you join the Army, you'll get to shoot lots of really cool guns."

For fairness' sake, that video needed also to include images of Army servicemen getting shot, recovering in a hospital and/or what happens after their recovery period.

Ad needs parachutes.

:mrgreen:

That’s a Gama Goat, rook!

I was just pullin' your leg. You know we got a thing about that.

But thanks for the commercial. That was eerie. It's exactly what we did, except we had Humvees instead of jeeps. And no steel pots.

Almost bought a Gama Goat to restore years ago. They're quite cool.

My memories aren’t as fond. I was assigned one for a time. The engine (noisy diesel) sat directly behind the driver. The constant drone would put me to sleep. They were supposed to float (most sank,) and the large tires/wheels were supposed to propel it in water. We held contests to see what size tree it would knock down.

To really be fair, do you have any actual experience in the Army?
The message, notwithstanding the narrative, seemed to be "If you join the Army, you'll get to shoot lots of really cool guns."

For fairness' sake, that video needed also to include images of Army servicemen getting shot, recovering in a hospital and/or what happens after their recovery period.

You should trust a catholic priest in a kindergarten before you trust an Army recruiter.

To really be fair, do you have any actual experience in the Army?

No. Why is that relevant to my remark about the video needing, in fairness (representational faithfulness), to show the full spectrum of what life in the Army may entail?

The video shows the "glamorous" aspects of Amy service. There's lots that's not at all like that, and I don't need to have served to know that is so.

A real army video would have been a bunch of infantry spending most of the day cleaning the latrines the day room and the common areas.

A real army video would have been a bunch of infantry spending most of the day cleaning the latrines the day room and the common areas.

To be fair though those were Rangers from the 75th. They spend a whole lot more time doing that type of stuff shown in that video then normal infantry.

The Army has been running a few commercials that resemble action movies or video games; not much of the “hurry up and wait” that I recall.

...and i bet nothing showing how to use a buffer either.

...and the VA telling them they will not get any pain meds, but instead rely on massage and acupuncture.

and just how many acupuncturists are there in Bugtussell, hometown?
and who pays for the massage happy endings?

Last edited:
I was just pullin' your leg. You know we got a thing about that.

But thanks for the commercial. That was eerie. It's exactly what we did, except we had Humvees instead of jeeps. And no steel pots.

When I came in we still had steel pots and jeeps. :(

When I came in we still had steel pots and jeeps. :(

I hear the pots were good for cooking. All we had was that metal canteen cup to put over a diesel-dirt fire.

I hear the pots were good for cooking. All we had was that metal canteen cup to put over a diesel-dirt fire.

Actually, once you pulled out the liner, it was great for cooking and heating up water to shave with. :thumbs:

In a pinch, you could use it to scrape out a shallow fighting position if you didn't have an e-tool.

Actually, once you pulled out the liner, it was great for cooking and heating up water to shave with. :thumbs:

In a pinch, you could use it to scrape out a shallow fighting position if you didn't have an e-tool.

I once shaved in cold kool-aid. I knew I shouldn't have put the sugar in the last of my water and I knew as soon as I did some officer that we haven't seen the whole damn time would show up and tell us to shave.

I once shaved in cold kool-aid. I knew I shouldn't have put the sugar in the last of my water and I knew as soon as I did some officer that we haven't seen the whole damn time would show up and tell us to shave.

:lamo

We raise warriors, not peace makers.

That is not a great ad for a period of time when Americans have largely figured out what a disaster Iraq and Afghanistan have been, how our failed leadership abused soldiers and failed to accomplish anything.

When exactly was the last time our military won anything of value in war?

WW2?

That is not a great ad for a period of time when Americans have largely figured out what a disaster Iraq and Afghanistan have been, how our failed leadership abused soldiers and failed to accomplish anything.

When exactly was the last time our military won anything of value in war?

WW2?

Iraq and Afghanistan were NOT a disaster for those who profit from war. Christ, the profits have been superb. Halliburton and others have thrived. Carlyle Group has done really well.

It's not the final score, it's how you play the game.

Iraq and Afghanistan were NOT a disaster for those who profit from war. Christ, the profits have been superb. Halliburton and others have thrived. Carlyle Group has done really well.

It's not the final score, it's how you play the game.

You dont want to know for instance how much each plate of food that got served to a soldier cost us.

Let's not get into this...I am already not in a great mood today.

Remember “The few, the proud” for the Marines? The sword is a powerful symbol for young men. It’s now been updated to futuristic weapons many of which are here now for those with the right clearance.

But you gotta make it tbrough boot camp and you MOS training. Most kids I see today, would have a heart attack the first day.

Back
Top Bottom