• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US approaches a One Party Totalitarian Dictatorship

How Close is the US to a One-Party Totalitarian Dictatorship?

• Nowhere near

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • Very near

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
that's really stupid as usual. I don't have medicare and I have yet to get social security-two things I paid into. I would have much rather not have had the money taken from me since my investment strategies make me far more than the government ponzi schemes.
it doesn't matter if you paid in or not...you will get back far more than you ever paid in...it isn't the money you paid in that you get back...that money already is spent....by paying your parents and grandparents.

Oy vey, lol...

I'm not a Republican.

Again, read Quigley's quote,

“The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies... is a foolish idea. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can throw the rascals out at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy."

The parties are identical. They're controlled by the Elites - especially the Democratic Party.

And I am not Democrat, maybe we should stop with the assumptions at this point. I stand by my point that the GOP doesn't support liberty for those outside its group.

it doesn't matter if you paid in or not...you will get back far more than you ever paid in...it isn't the money you paid in that you get back...that money already is spent....by paying your parents and grandparents.
I certainly don't receive additional benefits for paying millions in income taxes over the last 40 years, compared to those who barely pay anything

I certainly don't receive additional benefits for paying millions in income taxes over the last 40 years, compared to those who barely pay anything
income taxes are separate from social security and medicare. You received plenty in exchange...those roads you drive on, the hospitals you go to, the police you call when you use 9-1-1 and that very 9-1-1 system as well as the schools your children went to and then your grandchildren, the military, FEMA....yeah, that stuff.

The social security and medicare you paid, is spent....on your parents and grandparents.

Thats irrelevant to what I wrote and a lame attack. If thats the best you can do you would have been better off keeping quiet.
Your comment supports my conclusion.

And I am not Democrat, maybe we should stop with the assumptions at this point. I stand by my point that the GOP doesn't support liberty for those outside its group.
You're a leftist... it doesn't matter what label you slap on your forehead.

So, is your support of Democrats born from their championing social programs?? And conversely, your disdain for Republicans from their ostensible opposition to such programs??

That's better known as a Ponzi scheme.

It's designed to fail.

That's better known as a Ponzi scheme.

It's designed to fail.
No, it is better known as Social Security and Medicare....the same program that keeps our elderly from being homeless and dying on the street, in front of hospitals.

We almost had it on January 6th
You actually thought crazy protesters storming into the Capital on1/6 could have led to a one-party state?
Do you follow politics much? Do you only listen to Pelosi and her dumb Trump-hating followers?

No, it is better known as Social Security and Medicare....the same program that keeps our elderly from being homeless and dying on the street, in front of hospitals.
They're not programs independent from general revenue. We are afloat on an ocean of debt - for now anyway.

Se won't stay afloat much longer... so you have that to look forward to ;)

Karl Marx says government should take care of "the people", free people understand that families take care of their own.

Karl Marx says government should take care of "the people", free people understand that families take care of their own.
yeah, no that isn't the way things work in the US and haven't worked that way since the 30s. Many adults are childless or their kids have died or so on and so forth. Others have kids who barely hold their own or are unwilling to help their parents.

Last edited:
You're a leftist... it doesn't matter what label you slap on your forehead.

So, is your support of Democrats born from their championing social programs?? And conversely, your disdain for Republicans from their ostensible opposition to such programs??

I support the Dems (in theory), because they are just a centrist corporate party, while the GOP is a nativist Golden Dawn style party. It's a lesser of two evils choice.

Frankly I think the US needs more political parties than these two, centrist corporate party and Golden Dawn style nativism is not a real choice.

That’s why they’re no kids in foster care. I’ve seen families do the most reprehensible things.

Your discussion point lacks all critical thought.

That’s why they’re no kids in foster care. I’ve seen families do the most reprehensible things.

Your discussion point lacks all critical thought.
I think we can say that most parents want to do the right thing for their children when growing up. Sadly, there are so many parents who fail to do what they know they should do.
As an emergency foster care parents many decades ago, I could not believe how useless and stupid they were as parents. But, then again, humans are flawed and that's why Social Services exist to protect the children of stupid parents.

I support the Dems (in theory), because they are just a centrist corporate party, while the GOP is a nativist Golden Dawn style party. It's a lesser of two evils choice.

Frankly I think the US needs more political parties than these two, centrist corporate party and Golden Dawn style nativism is not a real choice.
So the "theory" you are in agreement with the Dems on is what??

Doing more for "the people"?? More programs?? More money??

Last edited:
yeah, no that isn't the way things work in the US and haven't worked that way since the 30s. Many adults are childless or their kids have died or so on and so forth. Others have kids who barely hold their own or are unwilling to help their parents.
Well, the 1930's is when the Elites began to undermine and attack families with "programs".

"Abolish the family" is always step 1) in destabilizing a society. Have you never read Marx??

Once the foundation of the society (the family) has been destroyed, it's only a matter of time before that society collapses and leaves a vacuum in its wake.

A vacuum that is quickly filled by the despots who caused the vacuum in the first place - or in this case their heirs.

Perhaps you should read some of the leftist literature that drives your beliefs?? I've read more leftist literature than most true leftists, that's why it's so easy to see how you (the masses) are being manipulated.

Like I said, wake up - you're carrying water for the enemies of humanity.

Of course. .
Are we King henry viii!?

Poll question

Keep in mind, we have a 6-3 Right Wing Supreme Court. We have Right Wing state legislatures in a vast majority of states. In 2022, we may very well have a Right Wing House and Senate, one that is growing ever more extreme in both fealty and zeal. And, in 2024, they may be able to shoe-in another Trump, a charismatic cult leader.

I am shocked to see the vote so far. 58% are oblivious to the fact that we came within a hair of ending democracy on January 6th? And that things have only gotten MUCH worse?

Straight up, if Trump gets elected in 2024, democracy will die. It is teetering now.

That so many are oblivious is truly sad.

I am shocked to see the vote so far. 58% are oblivious to the fact that we came within a hair of ending democracy on January 6th? And that things have only gotten MUCH worse?

Straight up, if Trump gets elected in 2024, democracy will die. It is teetering now.

I know, right??

Look at these radical anarchists!!!

Get a grip. Democracy was nowhere near ending on Jan 6th. Out of tens of thousands of demonstrators, a few hundred rioted and entered the Capitol. Out of that few hundred a handful - you can count them on your fingers - are being investigated - not even charged, much less convicted - of having some vague plan of actually doing anything meaningful.

Do you read the nonsense you post? "If Trump GETS ELECTED, democracy will die." No, if Trump gets elected (and I hope he doesn't), then democracy will have been served. Democracy doesn't die because somebody you don't like GETS ELECTED.

We're not oblivious, just not living in your alternate unreality.

What I find amazing is that most of you believe possible totalitarianism is represented by Trump.

The left controls all of our institutions, and the monied elite controls the left.

The left is manifested within the Democratic Party, top to bottom. The monied elite also control the top of the Republican Party, but not the lower ranks, and not Trump - even though Trump is a wannabe.

No, the tyranny you fear is manifested in the very institutions you wish had more power.

Every government program that comes down the pike, is another nail in our coffin.

More government = less freedom.

Wake up!!!

Back
Top Bottom