• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US And Allies Agree To Release 60 Million Barrels Of Oil From Their Reserves As russian Invasion Of Ukraine Causes Price Spike

Liberal7360

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This is good news.

Hopefully it will help to stabilize the price of gas.

Personally, it doesn't effect me much. I drive a hybrid car and get around 50 mpg. It holds 10 gallons so it doesn't cost an arm and an leg to fill or drive.

russia is a good reason to change the type of vehicle you drive. A hybrid or electric vehicle will help the environment.

We could make oil much cheaper by driving vehicles that either use very little gas or no gas but for now, this release will help stabilize the price of gas.

This is good news.

Personally, it doesn't effect me much. I drive a hybrid car and get around 50 mpg. It holds 10 gallons so it doesn't cost an arm and an leg to fill or drive.

russia is a good reason to change the type of vehicle you drive. A hybrid or electric vehicle will help the environment.

We could make oil much cheaper by driving vehicles that either use very little gas or no gas but for now, this release will help stabilize the price of gas.

Well, that should cover oil use for a day or two.

This is good news.

Hmm… how many days would 30M barrels last?

In 2020, the United States consumed an average of about 18.19 million barrels of petroleum per day…

In 2020, the United States consumed 20.54 million barrels of oil daily.

This is good news.

yeah, every time something happens and gas prices go up it points to how stupid republcians are in fighting green energy. Green energy doesn't matter if some shit country starts wars and threatens to harm oil supply.

but everything republicans believe is bullshit so it is par for the course

All the more reason to go EV. Saudi Arabia has already said they won't increase production to support the oil crisis due to the "Russian" problem. So, sanction SA until to force them to produce and make more money for themselves. If they don't join the effort, F'n take them over. Easier than a nuclear WW3. Plus, do a DPA on US oil production.

That depends on the rate of release, but won’t amount to much. Of course, it must be replaced eventually.

He made his point. And you just supported it. Do you agree?

He made his point. And you just supported it. Do you agree?

I just did. What, in your mind, is the difference between supporting her point and agreeing with her point?

yeah, every time something happens and gas prices go up it points to how stupid republcians are in fighting green energy. Green energy doesn't matter if some shit country starts wars and threatens to harm oil supply.

I don't know of anyone who is "fighting green energy", but I know of a lot of politicians who are trying to "force green energy".

i like watching actual competent leadership.

This is good news.

Obviously you have no clue as to how your vehicle is manufactured and how it pollutes the environment.

All the more reason to go EV. Saudi Arabia has already said they won't increase production to support the oil crisis due to the "Russian" problem. So, sanction SA until to force them to produce and make more money for themselves. If they don't join the effort, F'n take them over. Easier than a nuclear WW3. Plus, do a DPA on US oil production.
Better yet just pump our own oil.

It probably makes sense to release a conservative amount. Yes, gas prices will go up, but if we get into a hot war, we will need that oil.

Biden supporters will act like this is some great move that will significantly help citizens. The rest of the country understands it will have minimal short term relief at best.

Biden supporters will act like this is some great move that will significantly help citizens. The rest of the country understands it will have minimal short term relief at best.
I don't think anyone, leadership included, believes this is going to have a material impact on fuel prices. It's a signal more so than anything else.

Thank you. I can't agree with you more.

We now have the ability to make oil much less important in our society and world.

Yes we need oil but we can use less of it and we can stop using it for vehicles.

There are many very good fully electric vehicles. There are many very good hybrid vehicles.

I bought my first hybrid in 2001. At the time I decided to never buy a regular gas car again and I haven't. The one I'm driving now is fourth one.

My next vehicle will be fully electric.

We can make oil much less influential in our world and economy.

I wish more people would do what I have done.

If we did, a lot of very bad people in the Middle East and in russia will have a lot less influence on our world.

That won't even help for a week.

At least Biden is trying to do something instead of doing nothing.

If he had not released that oil, the republicans would have attacked him for not releasing it.

So he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

I guess even trying to help isn't good enough.

Wow.

Oh and the US isn't the only nation doing this.

We now have the ability to make oil much less important in our society and world.

Yes we need oil but we can use less of it and we can stop using it for vehicles.

There are many very good fully electric vehicles. There are many very good hybrid vehicles.

I bought my first hybrid in 2001. At the time I decided to never buy a regular gas car again and I haven't. The one I'm driving now is fourth one.

My next vehicle will be fully electric.

We can make oil much less influential in our world and economy.

I wish more people would do what I have done.

If we did, a lot of very bad people in the Middle East and in russia will have a lot less influence on our world.
Electric vehicles are only practical as commuter vehicles. For many of us, vehicles are much more for actual WORK than just commuting.

So while your answer works for urban and some suburban folks, it doesn't work for others.

Well, that should cover oil use for a day or two.
Why do people continuously tell others they don’t know anything about oil markets and economics?

I don't care how much gas prices go up, the world should stop buying Russian oil. Easy for me to say I know, but we don't know the square root of sweet **** all about, sacrifice , pain and suffering. God bless the people of Ukraine!

Electric vehicles are only practical as commuter vehicles. For many of us, vehicles are much more for actual WORK than just commuting.

So while your answer works for urban and some suburban folks, it doesn't work for others.
The new F150 has a 300 mi range with the upgraded battery, has a 44 min 15-80 charging time and starts at only $42k

Obviously you have no clue as to how your vehicle is manufactured and how it pollutes the environment.
You have that all out of his post? He didn’t even say how old his car is, or how often he buys them!

Back
Top Bottom