• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US ambassador angers Poles with letter to prime minister

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From ABC News

The U.S. ambassador to Poland has triggered anger on social media with a letter allegedly sent to the prime minister that takes his government to task over its treatment of a U.S.-owned independent television station.

The letter on embassy letterhead and signed by Ambassador Georgette Mosbacher circulated in Polish media Tuesday. It misspells the last name of Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki and addresses him with the wrong title.

COMMENT:-

Mr. Trump hires only the **B*E*S*T** people, doesn't he?​

From ABC News

The U.S. ambassador to Poland has triggered anger on social media with a letter allegedly sent to the prime minister that takes his government to task over its treatment of a U.S.-owned independent television station.

The letter on embassy letterhead and signed by Ambassador Georgette Mosbacher circulated in Polish media Tuesday. It misspells the last name of Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki and addresses him with the wrong title.

Apparently Obama thought she was good enough to be hired. :shrug:

Georgette Mosbacher (born née Paulsin; January 16, 1947) is an American business executive, entrepreneur, political activist and the United States Ambassador to Poland. She is the chairman of the Green Beret Foundation advisory board,[1] and a Fox News contributor.[2] On November 19, 2015, President Barack Obama nominated her as a member of the United States Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy.

Also she's been appointed for other things in the past also:

A longtime Republican,[28] Mosbacher served as a co-chair of the Republican National Committee’s Finance Committee,[11][12] and she has furthermore been involved with the National Republican Senatorial Committee and the New Republican Majority Fund.[15] She was New York State’s Republican National Committeewomen[28] for more than a decade,[13] and was also the first woman to serve as the general chairman of the Republican Governors Association,[13] a role she continued to hold as of 2001.[29] Mosbacher was a presidential appointee to the US Advisory Board for Trade Policy and Negotiations,[28] a gubernatorial appointee as a New York Commissioner of Racing, and a mayoral appointee for trustee of the New York Hudson River Park Trust.[28] She has also been involved with the National Women's Economic Alliance.[15] On November 19, 2015, it was announced that President Obama had nominated her to be a member of the United States Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy.[3]

Georgette Mosbacher

All those people thought she was the B*E*S*T** for the job also.

So she pissed off some Poles, whoopdeedoo. Ambassadors do that on occasion. But then I'm sure you knew this but just wanted to find something to holler about Trump on not realizing that this woman actually has a history of being appointed to various positions by people on both sides of the aisle despite her being a Republican.

:yawn:
From ABC News

Another hate Trump thread :yawn:

I can't believe the Chargé D'Affaires or the Protocol Officer let it get delivered without editing any potential embarrassing errors in protocol.

Apparently Obama thought she was good enough to be hired. :shrug:

Also she's been appointed for other things in the past also:

Georgette Mosbacher

All those people thought she was the B*E*S*T** for the job also.

So she pissed off some Poles, whoopdeedoo. Ambassadors do that on occasion. But then I'm sure you knew this but just wanted to find something to holler about Trump on not realizing that this woman actually has a history of being appointed to various positions by people on both sides of the aisle despite her being a Republican.

Someone may well be the world's best plumber, but I'm not going to rely on that qualification when I'm looking for a brain surgeon.

Would you?

I can't believe the Chargé D'Affaires or the Protocol Officer let it get delivered without editing any potential embarrassing errors in protocol.

Now that is an interesting point.

The only stuff that those two deal with would (most likely) be stuff that originates with the Ambassador.

If something came directly from the White House, with instructions to deliver it to the Polish government, neither the Chargé D'Affaires nor the Protocol Officer would (likely) have any say in its contents.

Maybe the Ambassador isn't quite the dolt that the article makes them out to be. If they aren't, then who IS the dolt?

That's something to ponder, isn't it?

Last edited:
Someone may well be the world's best plumber, but I'm not going to rely on that qualification when I'm looking for a brain surgeon.

Would you?

Did you even bother to see what Obama hired her for? "Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy" She had the experience on diplomacy. She's not a plumber. Face it, you failed here. Admit it and move on. Doubling down is not helping you in the slightest.

Would you?
Lol, Obama hired her to do one job. Trump hired her to do another. She failed at the job Trump hired her to do. Obama gets **** on for hiring her to do something else.

Kal'Stang pretends it's all the same because timelines don't matter and being qualified to do one job means you're qualified to do other jobs.

Such derp, much politics.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Did you even bother to see what Obama hired her for? "Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy" She had the experience on diplomacy. She's not a plumber. Face it, you failed here. Admit it and move on. Doubling down is not helping you in the slightest.

Possibly you should take a look at what the Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy actually does.

You might want to take slight heed of the fact that MEASURING whether someone else's "diplomacy" has been successful is quite different from actually CONDUCTING "diplomacy".

You might also want to take a slight heed of the fact that it takes a different skill set to punch someone in the face than it does to describe the punching's effects afterwards.

PS - Just because someone gets appointed to "The Pork Marketing Board" that doesn't mean that they are a pig.

Possibly you should take a look at what the Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy actually does.

You might want to take slight heed of the fact that MEASURING whether someone else's "diplomacy" has been successful is quite different from actually CONDUCTING "diplomacy".

You might also want to take a slight heed of the fact that it takes a different skill set to punch someone in the face than it does to describe the punching's effects afterwards.

PS - Just because someone gets appointed to "The Pork Marketing Board" that doesn't mean that they are a pig.
Yeah but the word boxing can be found in both those examples! So if Obama thinks you're good enough to box, you're also probably qualified to run the Association of Boxing Commissions.

Duh.

I already knew what they did.

Since 1948, the United States Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy (ACPD) has been charged with appraising U.S. Government activities intended to understand, inform and influence foreign publics and to increase the understanding of, and support for, these same activities. The ACPD conducts research and symposiums that provide honest assessments and informed discourse on public diplomacy efforts across government. It reports to the President, Secretary of State, and Congress. Currently, the office of the Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs supports it.

ACPD serves as a convener for the variety of practitioners throughout the U.S. government who work to communicate and build relationships with foreign audiences, in addition to the researchers, practitioners and thought leaders outside of the government who can help us rethink the future of public diplomacy. Its primary product is the Comprehensive Annual Report on Public Diplomacy and International Broadcasting Activities, which breaks down roughly $2.0 billion of programs worldwide. The 2017 report, based on FY 2016 actual budget data, was released on September 28, 2017. It offers an Executive Summary, including analysis on key programming accomplishments from the previous fiscal year, as well as a Recommendations section with specific suggestions for practitioners and Congress. Reports from previous years can be accessed here. The Commission also recently (May 2017) published Can Public Diplomacy Survive the Internet: Bots, Echo Chambers, and Disinformation, highlighting the various ways communication technologies are changing the practice of diplomacy, and suggesting several paths for success moving forward.

In other words they help create diplomacy policy. If they can help make policy on it, they can do the job.

Doubling down is not helping you.

"Doubling down" is what you are doing. Your dishonest attack on TU was based on a pretense that if Obama hired her to do one thing then Trump cannot be criticized for hiring her to do something different, unless the critic also criticized Obama (even though he hired her to do a different thing). As one might guess, the goal of the attack was to accuse a poster of being a hypocrite without using a "you are" statement.

You could have avoided all this by sticking to the actual on-point comment along the lines of oh, the poles are mad? Meh.

Enough of the game-playing.

"Doubling down" is what you are doing. Your dishonest attack on TU was based on a pretense that if Obama hired her to do one thing then Trump cannot be criticized for hiring her to do something different, unless the critic also criticized Obama (even though he hired her to do a different thing).

As one might guess, the goal of the attack was to accuse a poster of being a hypocrite without using a "you are" statement.

Enough of the game-playing.

Actually what Obama hired her to do is quite similar to what Trump hired her to do. Only difference is one is making policy, the other is enacting policy.

Actually what Obama hired her to do is quite similar to what Trump hired her to do. Only difference is one is making policy, the other is enacting policy.
Fun fact: Advisory boards don't make policy. That's why they are called 'advisory' and not 'executive' or 'board of directors'. Your own source says they appraise and analyze policy.

Lol, this is your 57 states moment, buddy.

Enjoy it.

I already knew what they did.

In other words they help create diplomacy policy. If they can help make policy on it, they can do the job.

I know of a paralyzed gymnastics coach. He's very good at coaching. He's not very good at gymnastics.

'nuf said.

Fun fact: Advisory boards don't make policy. That's why they are called 'advisory' and not 'executive' or 'board of directors'. Your own source says they appraise and analyze policy.

Lol, this is your 57 states moment, buddy.

Enjoy it.

You are correct. In that post you quoted I forgot to add the word "help", which I had used in other posts where I stated that they HELP make policy.

Apples and oranges and I'm sure you can tell the difference.

Am analogy is an analogy is an analogy.

PS - BOTH apples and oranges are fruits, so there IS a "similarity" between the two. (Something often forgotten by those who think in slogans.)

Am analogy is an analogy is an analogy.

PS - BOTH apples and oranges are fruits, so there IS a "similarity" between the two. (Something often forgotten by those who think in slogans.)

Yes, they're both fruits, but that is the end of the similarity. They taste completely different and look completely different. Which is what the "apples and oranges" comment is about. And just because you use an analogy does not make it a good analogy. You chose a person who is physically handicapped to describe a physical activity that he can mentally teach but cannot physically do and attempted to apply it to a completely mental activity. If you can't see the differences then that is on you. Not me.

You are correct. In that post you quoted I forgot to add the word "help", which I had used in other posts where I stated that they HELP make policy.
Lmao, and you think 'helping' create reports that may or may not be read by diplomats is the same as 'being' a diplomat with only slight differences?

Amazing.

Lmao, and you think 'helping' create reports that may or may not be read by diplomats is the same as 'being' a diplomat with only slight differences?

Amazing.

Never said that. Read what I said again. This time use reading comprehension. Remember what her position was. It wasn't just some desk jockey position like you're trying to make it out to be.

Never said that. Read what I said again. This time use reading comprehension. Remember what her position was. It wasn't just some desk jockey position like you're trying to make it out to be.

Lmao oh no? Here you are going on detail about how there was ONE difference between these two jobs, that means everything else is the same. No? If the difference is so small it can be overlooked, then my statement stands doesn't it?

Spin them wheels clockwise some more. Tell us how being a desk jockey under Obama qualified her for ambassador? Go on, give us your break down of how you think IP appointments work?

Lmao oh no? Here you are going on detail about how there was ONE difference between these two jobs, that means everything else is the same. No? If the difference is so small it can be overlooked, then my statement stands doesn't it?

Spin them wheels clockwise some more. Tell us how being a desk jockey under Obama qualified her for ambassador? Go on, give us your break down of how you think IP appointments work?

Like I said, consider her position. It wasn't simply "desk jockey". That you call her that is nothing more than you demeaning her in order to continue with your beliefs.

Yeah but the word boxing can be found in both those examples! So if Obama thinks you're good enough to box, you're also probably qualified to run the Association of Boxing Commissions.

Duh.

I'm again reminded of the (likely paraphrased) comment "I have to reevaluate my estimate of your intelligence, you can't be stupid because folly of such magnitude requires genius.".

From ABC News

What is your issue with this?

You don't even know if the ambassador sent the letter.

Back
Top Bottom