• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Urging Florida To Ignore Military Votes Fits Trump’s True Pattern With The Troops

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...-cemetery-florida_us_5be9f43ae4b044bbb1a783bf

From attacking a former POW to nixing a cemetery visit, the president has often disrespected service members.

WASHINGTON ― Two days after skipping a visit to an American military cemetery near Paris because it was raining, President Donald Trump called for effectively disenfranchising overseas military members voting in Florida, raising further questions about the draft-evading president’s commitment to the armed services.

“The Florida Election should be called in favor of Rick Scott and Ron DeSantis in that large numbers of new ballots showed up out of nowhere, and many ballots are missing or forged,” Trump tweeted early on Monday, the observed Veterans Day holiday for the federal government. “An honest vote count is no longer possible-ballots massively infected. Must go with Election Night!”
======================================
Trump continues to display an unbalanced disregard for members of our military. Skipping the traditional visit to Arlington on Veterans' Day is another recent episode that show his poor attitude with respect to our men & women in uniform.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...-cemetery-florida_us_5be9f43ae4b044bbb1a783bf

From attacking a former POW to nixing a cemetery visit, the president has often disrespected service members.

WASHINGTON ― Two days after skipping a visit to an American military cemetery near Paris because it was raining, President Donald Trump called for effectively disenfranchising overseas military members voting in Florida, raising further questions about the draft-evading president’s commitment to the armed services.

“The Florida Election should be called in favor of Rick Scott and Ron DeSantis in that large numbers of new ballots showed up out of nowhere, and many ballots are missing or forged,” Trump tweeted early on Monday, the observed Veterans Day holiday for the federal government. “An honest vote count is no longer possible-ballots massively infected. Must go with Election Night!”
Trump continues to display an unbalanced disregard for members of our military. Skipping the traditional visit to Arlington on Veterans' Day is another recent episode that show his poor attitude with respect to our men & women in uniform.

Donald Trump hates the military and veterans unless they can be utilized as tools to stroke his ego.

They are nothing more than throw-away baubles to him. One the shine is off, the spotlights gone and the crowds thinned out and back at home, he puts them back in his box until the next time.

He disrespects the military and veterans all the time. Sadly a lot of military and veterans think he is some sort of God. Maybe they are suffering PTSD cos I can't understand why a military officer or a veteran would support a draft dodging coward.

One of the reasons I NEVER vote absentee ballot is I have NO FAITH whatsoever that the political party in charge of the state would make sure my ballot is counted in that case.

He disrespects the military and veterans all the time. Sadly a lot of military and veterans think he is some sort of God. Maybe they are suffering PTSD cos I can't understand why a military officer or a veteran would support a draft dodging coward.

In recent times the men who became president with out serving in the military are Trump, Obama and Clinton.

More BULL**** from the Fraudocrats.

The Military votes ARE NOT THE BALLOTS that THE LYINGTASS DEMS CANNOT STATE THE ORIGIN OF.

MAKEUP SOME MORE BULL****.

Donald Trump hates the military and veterans unless they can be utilized as tools to stroke his ego.
Trump doesn’t care enough to hate the military. To him, they are just another group to be used for his own propaganda.

Ease off the PTSD snark. Not something to joke about.

Lots of us retired career military who see Trump for the fraud that he is. No doubt there are plenty of active duty who have no use for him either. Ask active duty folks who don’t get much down time that he’s pulled away from their homes and sent to the southern border as stage props for his fake “invasion”. We follow lawful orders as required. That doesn’t mean we don’t have our own thoughts.

One of the reasons I NEVER vote absentee ballot is I have NO FAITH whatsoever that the political party in charge of the state would make sure my ballot is counted in that case.
When you’re overseas and that’s the only option for exercising your voice, an absentee ballot is welcome.

Can we get a list of laws that leftists are willing to follow, because election laws are now, apparently, out?

i worry about that as well. i would definitely like to skip the line next time, but it seems like the absentee route is their easiest way to suppress my vote.

Trump doesn’t care enough to hate the military. To him, they are just another group to be used for his own propaganda.

Ease off the PTSD snark. Not something to joke about.

Lots of us retired career military who see Trump for the fraud that he is. No doubt there are plenty of active duty who have no use for him either. Ask active duty folks who don’t get much down time that he’s pulled away from their homes and sent to the southern border as stage props for his fake “invasion”. We follow lawful orders as required. That doesn’t mean we don’t have our own thoughts.

When you’re overseas and that’s the only option for exercising your voice, an absentee ballot is welcome.
Sources for that ludicrous first statement?

There are probably more current and retired military that appreciate that he is rebuilding the military after it was hallowed out by slenderman. A lot of us out here that understand the world and its predators certainly do... and I tend to figure most military folks aren't dumb.

Some obviously and by the numbers will be in any event, certainly.

Those currently serving complaining about protecting America, defending our borders, IOW doing what they signed up for...
Well yes, we are all free to have our own thoughts...but those not truly eager to do that in line with what is the law...maybe should look for employment, a lifestyle better suited, elsewhere...

Yano?

There are probably more current and retired military that appreciate that he is rebuilding the military after it was hallowed out by slenderman. A lot of us out here that understand the world and its predators certainly do... and I tend to figure most military folks aren't dumb.

Those currently serving complaining about protecting America, defending our borders, IOW doing what they signed up for...
Well yes, we are all free to have our own thoughts...but those not truly eager to do that in line with what is the law...maybe should look for employment, a lifestyle better suited, elsewhere...

Yano?

How to be compelled to the pathetic lie that it was 'hollowed out' by anyone.

Sad, really, but not unexpected.

From the rubric article:
...Skipping the recounts would not only violate [FL] law, it would ignore the ballots of tens of thousands of Florida-based troops deployed overseas. Those ballots are supposed to be counted if they arrive by this coming Friday.

“It’s a nice commentary from the commander-in-chief on Veterans Day,” said Will Fischer, who served in Iraq as a Marine and is now with the VoteVets group.

After Trump's stunt last weekend whereby he shunned our veterans on account of rain -- not a hurricane, merely rain -- he had better hope actively serving troops don't overnight mail in their ballots in opposition to him. I mean, really. While may a layman may not know well military 'copters' capabilities, the men and women overseas in the military damn sure do, be they Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines.

I'm sure hearing Trump's rain excuse rang to their ears as utter BS.
  • The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is manned 24/7/365, rain, snow, or otherwise. Soldiers there maintained their guard through Superstorm Sandy. They do so during blizzards.

Yet Trump couldn't take an armored limo or comfy 'copter to a cemetery and stand there with an umbrella.

q2jtjwousvbfh87azubw.jpg

The two versions of Marine One

gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAAAAACH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAABAAE  AAAICTAEAOw==
    zp5coogp3xbyuhiv7wiu.jpg

Inside a VH-3 Sea King "White Top"

pqwoorzisnwefkjwwnky.jpg

Inside a VH-60 "White Top"

3851350683.jpg

Soldiers work in the rain (and in conditions far worse than those pictured above), yet Trump won't so much as walk in it....That's the kind of pansy we have as Commander in Chief.

Of course, we recently observed that Trump's is "umbrella-challenged."

Maybe our soldiers serving abroad won't, after seeing Trump's be irked enough to overnight mail in votes against candidates who've aligned themselves with Trump. I sure would, and it wouldn't be for partisan purposes. I would do so re: anyone who backed a POTUS who won't, rain or shine and when other heads of state do, so much as spend a moment paying homage to fallen veterans.

You, I and Trump all know damn well that if he's of a mind to get somewhere, he'll get there.

For Henry McMaster, Trump won't cancel his trip due to rain, but for fallen veterans he sure will.

Agreed. Just more evidence he's more like a Democrat than a Republican. :)

Sources are my eyes and ears. We’ll start with the most recent example from Trump friendly Fox News: “Trump, Pence miss Veterans Day observance at Arlington Cemetery”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...rans-day-observance-at-arlington-cemetery.amp
Even Obama showed up C6942251-4460-42D7-9E43-1D5084F089A0.jpg
Veterans Day 2009, Tomb of the Unknowns, Arlington Cemetery. Notice the rain? Someone should’ve told Trump not to worry about the rain because turds float.
You’d be wrong about Trump support among the military (active/reserved/retired). While he enjoys more popularity with the military than the rest of the country, that support isn’t in the majority and it has been in decline since his election. Smart people, militarily and non-military, recognize that Trump is making us weaker around the world. He sucks up to dictators and despots while lying to, insulting, and attacking our allies. Obama did not hollow out the military. If you knew anything about the military you wouldn’t have said that.
Learn some law before making ignorant statements. Military members yanked away from their families and other important duties elsewhere to be sent to our southern border are sitting on their thumbs. Know why? Look up Posse Comitatus.

Ever heard the term “a bitchin’ (insert branch here) is a happy (insert branch here)”? We know and accept, willingly, that there will be orders we won’t like. It’s part of the commitment to something bigger than ourselves, serving our country.

I do. You? You’re very questionable.

The Military votes ARE NOT THE BALLOTS that THE LYINGTASS DEMS CANNOT STATE THE ORIGIN OF.

Your cult leader is not a friend of veterans. In fact, he is wasting millions of dollars sending them on a stupid trip to make him look good. And the rubes are just eating it up.

No amount of typing in all capps makes your inane arguments look any saner.

Can we get a list of laws that leftists are willing to follow, because election laws are now, apparently, out?

Got any more idiotic non-sequiturs to share?

BTW, show some proof before making such stupid one-off statements.

Type in all caps all you like but facts are facts: https://www.militarytimes.com/pay-b...out-of-nowhere-from-military-absentee-voters/
As President Donald Trump and others express concerns about ballots materializing in Florida after the Nov. 6 election, some advocates are reminding people that many of these ballots are likely coming from military voters and U.S. citizens living overseas.

In Florida in particular, if a ballot coming from overseas from a registered voter is postmarked by Election Day, Nov. 6, it will be counted if it arrives by Nov. 16. Over the years, many states have enacted legislation that extended deadlines for these voters to make sure the ballots get there to be counted.....

...In a Nov. 12 tweet calling for the Florida election for Senate and governor to be called in favor of the two Republicans who are leading by a slight margin, Trump said “large numbers of new ballots showed up out of nowhere.”...

...In the 2016 presidential election, Florida reported that 78,382 absentee ballots from military and overseas voters were counted, according to the U.S. Election Assistance Commission. Of those, 50,036 were military. Dzieduszycka-Suinat said she expects the number of UOCAVA absentee ballots to be similar to the 2016 number, rather than similar to past midterms, which had traditionally lower voter turnouts.

Sources are my eyes and ears. We’ll start with the most recent example from Trump friendly Fox News: “Trump, Pence miss Veterans Day observance at Arlington Cemetery”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...rans-day-observance-at-arlington-cemetery.amp
Even Obama showed up View attachment 67244237
Veterans Day 2009, Tomb of the Unknowns, Arlington Cemetery. Notice the rain? Someone should’ve told Trump not to worry about the rain because turds float.

You’d be wrong about Trump support among the military (active/reserved/retired). While he enjoys more popularity with the military than the rest of the country, that support isn’t in the majority and it has been in decline since his election. Smart people, militarily and non-military, recognize that Trump is making us weaker around the world. He sucks up to dictators and despots while lying to, insulting, and attacking our allies. Obama did not hollow out the military. If you knew anything about the military you wouldn’t have said that.

Learn some law before making ignorant statements. Military members yanked away from their families and other important duties elsewhere to be sent to our southern border are sitting on their thumbs. Know why? Look up Posse Comitatus.

Ever heard the term “a bitchin’ (insert branch here) is a happy (insert branch here)”? We know and accept, willingly, that there will be orders we won’t like. It’s part of the commitment to something bigger than ourselves, serving our country.

I do. You? You’re very questionable.

I am pretty sure MOST of our true military guys and girls understand Trump has their back. You see, Trump isnt the f***up who left our guys to die, without raising a single finger, in Benghazi. Think Trump would have sat there live, real time, leaving our ambassador, the one he sent there, to be sodomized and three other brave Americans killed along with him?

Real American military know whats what. If what you said about how our military think were to be true, and no offense but I highly doubt it, then we would be in real trouble. Slenderman et al would have done far more damage to US than we ever knew in his undermining our strength.

Maybe need to go to Home Depot for a special priced ladder to get off your high horse there pal? Slenderman DID hallow out our military. Hell, he was pushing out all the top and commander rank really good brass just as an example. Cant fool us with your trash talk.

You cannot really be military and think that way, pal. Are our guys pulled, 'yanked' away from their families "sitting on their thumbs" farther away, off in many places such as Germany, Japan and South Korea during the holidays?

Your views are comical, a caricature. I had better, much better, out of my not honors, regular ninth graders in Global Studies classes.

I think YOU better look up Posse Comitatus. Show me how anything that Trump has assigned our military to do at the border is in conflict. Even in minor conflict... not just that it hurts your poor poor misinformed feelings. Take at least a decent high school American Gov class, find out the real deal. There, for example, is the fact that it is a law, not in our Constitution. Laws can be repealed, or amended to fit the need... or questions as to which branches the Posse Comitatus Act and revision explictly applies to, blah blah etc... of which you apparently havent the slightest clue.

Yano?

I am pretty sure MOST of our true military guys and girls understand Trump has their back. You see, Trump isnt the f***up who left our guys to die, without raising a single finger, in Benghazi. Think Trump would have sat there live, real time, leaving our ambassador, the one he sent there, to be sodomized and three other brave Americans killed along with him?

Real American military know whats what.....
Agreed our military are very astute, but disagreed most like or trust Trump.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...ding-among-active-duty-troops-new-poll-shows/
View attachment 67244259

As for Benghazi, I don't see it the way you described. 1) I think Obama had the CIA running a black gun-running op transporting guns out of Libya and sending them to Syria hence why Stevens was there along with the CIA and contract soldiers with very little additional support. 2) Hanlon's Razor applies to the situation: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." When it came to military matters, Obama, like Trump, was incompetent, not malicious. The fog of war and no backup plan (hence the incompetence) were the reasons a response was delayed.

Trump is more dangerous because he thinks he knows more than the generals, thinks he knows more about NATO than Mattis and, despite his bluster and self-aggrandizement, still hasn't visited our troops in war zones.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-about-nato-than-defense-secretary-jim-mattis

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...ar-zone-despite-tough-talk-on-military-2018-8

Real American military know whats what. If what you said about how our military think were to be true, and no offense but I highly doubt it, then we would be in real trouble. Slenderman et al would have done far more damage to US than we ever knew in his undermining our strength.

Maybe need to go to Home Depot for a special priced ladder to get off your high horse there pal? Slenderman DID hallow out our military. Hell, he was pushing out all the top and commander rank really good brass just as an example. Cant fool us with your trash talk.

You cannot really be military and think that way, pal. Are our guys pulled, 'yanked' away from their families "sitting on their thumbs" farther away, off in many places such as Germany, Japan and South Korea during the holidays?

Your views are comical, a caricature. I had better, much better, out of my not honors, regular ninth graders in Global Studies classes.

I think YOU better look up Posse Comitatus. Show me how anything that Trump has assigned our military to do at the border is in conflict. Even in minor conflict... not just that it hurts your poor poor misinformed feelings. Take at least a decent high school American Gov class, find out the real deal. There, for example, is the fact that it is a law, not in our Constitution. Laws can be repealed, or amended to fit the need... or questions as to which branches the Posse Comitatus Act and revision explictly applies to, blah blah etc... of which you apparently havent the slightest clue.

Yano?
I’ve made my case already. I’m not interested in arguing with an uninformed Trump zealot who doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Your drivel makes it clear that you don’t know squat about the military (btw, I served for 23 years. And you?) or it’s role. My case is made.

Agreed our military are very astute, but disagreed most like or trust Trump.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...ding-among-active-duty-troops-new-poll-shows/
View attachment 67244259

As for Benghazi, I don't see it the way you described. 1) I think Obama had the CIA running a black gun-running op transporting guns out of Libya and sending them to Syria hence why Stevens was there along with the CIA and contract soldiers with very little additional support. 2) Hanlon's Razor applies to the situation: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." When it came to military matters, Obama, like Trump, was incompetent, not malicious. The fog of war and no backup plan (hence the incompetence) were the reasons a response was delayed.

Trump is more dangerous because he thinks he knows more than the generals, thinks he knows more about NATO than Mattis and, despite his bluster and self-aggrandizement, still hasn't visited our troops in war zones.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-about-nato-than-defense-secretary-jim-mattis

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...ar-zone-despite-tough-talk-on-military-2018-8
Agreed that poll shows similar to what polls showed before Trump won the whole shebang, right?

Polls are now more meant to influence. Besides, its a mere momentary reflection of whatever the questions vs responses were, who made up the questions, who they chose to ask and who they didn't and what, if they are exactly the same quesstions with each president, what are the results in relation to previous presidents polls.

Yano? Too many questions unanswered to be of value to me.

Benghazi. I don't disagree with your suppositions on the gun running, but neither of us has true confirmation. Yet those are what the sources I trust are also indicating was the case...as to Hanlon's... a general rule, not automatically applied to ALL cases you must agree.

In my firm opinion, there need be no specific back up plan as the only real plan ever is to move heaven and earth to assist innocent American lives not just in threat but real ongoing danger. That is bottom line minimum. So, if the lowly janitor was suddenly put in charge, HE would know to do just that if nothing else.

Slenderman made a clear choice to do nothing... for that, he will be forever s l e n d e r m a n in my eyes...I despise anyone who would let down this nation that has worked diligently and hard, sacrificing much upholding an unwritten founding principle, that being Americans don't leave Americans behind. A bond we should always uphold as it lets our enemies know, and if smart be so deterred, that we will always be coming back if there is such unfinished business.

Trump would have never have sat there and done nothing... if you say that he would, I will spike that nonsense now. That'd be just plain BS.

Listen, Trump hears those pertinent, then is decisive. You have generals and you have advisors and you have the guy elected that in the final assessment takes full credit or blame. JFK didn't trust his military in the BoP where, once committed as we were, they were probably more right...again didn't trust them in the CMC and Kennedy was even headed, ultimately threaded that needle successfully.

We elected him. Unless he is doing something identifiably and agreed upon as illegal, it's his/our turn to govern.

Otherwise...

Garner enough support to elect someone else in 2020, criticize along the way... but until then, he rules in his realm.

I’ve made my case already. I’m not interested in arguing with an uninformed Trump zealot who doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Your drivel makes it clear that you don’t know squat about the military (btw, I served for 23 years. And you?) or it’s role. My case is made.
You made a case which I squashed and you have no way out.

You are one of the few in the ranks that don't understand the system, only your compartmentalized cubicle it seems. I have served my country ever since I was born. You think only those in the military are patriots, aware and doing what needs be done wherever there is need? Particularly exclusive and lame reasoning. Which folks do you think were paying the taxes going towards your needs to be adequately supplied while you "served", eh?

Going for the only identity politics you can muster, are you? The ol us vs them, you were military and I was not... so I simply cannot know of all your pains, gains and sorrows? Boo hoo hoo.

Besides, served 17 years as a conservative in the belly of the dystopian beast, a very disconcertingly liberal public school system. That is like time in the trenches but I got no combat pay.

Not whining about it either. I flourished in the classroom, absolutely loved it.

Had the pleasure to teach US History, American Gov, Civics, Global Studies, Debate, AP Euro, World History, English, Global Studies etc... you don't know squat about any, ANY, of that in relation to the military ...or anything else.

MY case is made.

Back
Top Bottom