• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Urban Myth as Propaganda

Stinger said:
Ah change the subject now I see. Unable to post a cite from the adminsitration claiming Saddam had anything to do with 9/11 I see.

The President has been quite clear and the Senate resolution spells it out quite clearly, if you failed to listen oh well.

There were links between Al qaeda and Saddam, but we have no evidence he had anything to do with the 9/11 attack, why do you confuse the two?

Imminent threat? No. If he had do you really believe we would have screwed around for 18 months with the UN? Do you really think the better plan would have been to wait for him to be an imminent threat?

That was part of it. Again you really need to educate yourself on this matters which were full vetted in the arena of public discourse.

What both ways?

Well you said it not me.

Well you are entitled to your own opinion but not to your own facts. You might want to read the Interim Report of the ISG by Dr. Kay and the The Duelfer report and the Senate hearings and the 9/11 commission. And you might want to ponder that if we wanted to set up a puppet democracy we would have done so by now and not be fooling around with open elections.

Why do you denigrate the liberty the Iraqi's are forging for themselves?

Iraqis are forging nothing for themselves. Bush is there along the way installing the strings. It's quite sad that your inellectual capacity allows you only to see that which you wish. There is no point in further dialogue with you...

Stinger said:
So how do you make the leap to Bush claiming Saddam was involved in 9/11 with your post?

Show me where I made the leap to Bush claiming Saddam was involved in 9/11 with this post!!

Posted by libertarian_knight
Also evidenced is that the administration, many pundits and regular people had associated the names together SO MANY TIMES, when trying to specifically talk of one, they would accidentally say the other, as is the names were synonymous.

I then showed where even Bush accidentally transposed Saddam's and Bin Laden's names

And then the fact that we were following Osama bin Laden because he was using a certain type of telephone made it into the press as the result of a leak. And guess what happened? Saddam -- Osama bin Laden changed his behavior. He began to change how he communicated. - President George W. Bush-December 19, 2005

Nowhere did I make any claim of any kind about Saddam and 9/11. As a matter of fact 9/11 wasn't mentioned anywhere in my post. :roll:

Stinger said:
The administration stated outright they had no evidence Saddam was involved in 9/11, they said it over and over. Saying that Saddam and Al qaeda had contacts, contacts they wanted to further for their own benifits is an entirely different matter. They only ones trying to make the association of Saddam and 9/11 was the left falsley claiming that Bush was saying it. If YOU made the association you did it with your own imagination and no one but yourself to blame for it.

Stinger,

When was the first public statement by a hgih administration official, made between Spetember 11, 2001 and April 1, 2003, that categorically denied a relationship between Saddam Hussien and the Sept 11th terrorist attacks? AN outright statement if you will.

Stinger said:
Where in your cite does anyone in the administration claim that Saddam was involved in 9/11? I have no time to read these random cites you post which do not rebut the fact that the administration DID NOT make such a claim. Did the leftist media confuse some into thing the adminsitration was making the claim, well you are a good example, but the fact remains they did not.

While they were making NUMEROUS association (not outright claims) between Saddam, Osama, Iraq and al Queda, during the buildup to the war, they BIETHER explicitly affirmed or denied a direct realtionship between them.

So, they ASSOCIATED the two group together, NEVER DISCOATING THEM prior to the war.

If I were to associate you with an idiot, well actually I gues I don't have to, but if I did associate you with idiocy maybe, and had a war on idiots, advocating the beating and flogging of idiots daily. And should one of those stingers... I mean idots protest, beat them some more.

BWG said:
Show me where I made the leap to Bush claiming Saddam was involved in 9/11 with this post!!

Nowhere did I make any claim of any kind about Saddam and 9/11. As a matter of fact 9/11 wasn't mentioned anywhere in my post. :roll:

Since that is what I'm debating here what was your point then?

Stinger said:
Since that is what I'm debating here what was your point then?

I was proving libertarian_knight's point with President George W. Bush's own words. I did just that. Twice

You tried to drag me into the Saddam-9/11 claim. I showed you that I made no such claim. Can you show otherwise? :doh

BWG said:
I was proving libertarian_knight's point with President George W. Bush's own words. I did just that. Twice

Well again, how does that make that leap that Saddam was involved in 9/11?

You tried to drag me into the Saddam-9/11 claim. I showed you that I made no such claim. Can you show otherwise? :doh

I haven't tried to drag anyone into anything, only pointed out it is a myth that the Bush adminsitration claimed Saddam had anything to do with 9/11 a myth which many try to protray as the truth so they can then say Bush was lying. The real lie is saying he made the claim in the first place.

Stinger said:
Well again, how does that make that leap that Saddam was involved in 9/11?

I haven't tried to drag anyone into anything, only pointed out it is a myth that the Bush adminsitration claimed Saddam had anything to do with 9/11 a myth which many try to protray as the truth so they can then say Bush was lying. The real lie is saying he made the claim in the first place.

You don't understand politics, human psychology and learning, or communication very well do you?

See modern politics is the art of saying something without actually saying anything (see Hillary Clinton and GWB). Couple that with the way Humans communicate, learn, and think, someone can MAKE AN IMPLICIT ASSOCIATION without EVER making an EXPLICIT LINK, repeat it HUNDREDS OF TIMES, and people's brains (because of the way the human brain learns and thinks) create the link out of an association.

It's why repitition works in learning, even if the learned thing is untrue. It's also the mechanism used by propganda and brainwashing.

If someone writes a speech, and makes a speech, the order of the words is NOT ACCIDENTAL, it's intentional. So, it's clear the administration officials, not just GWB, set out to INTENTIONALLY ASSOCIATE the ideas of Saddam Hussien, Osama Bin Lade, Al Queda and Sept 11 together.

Stinger, I asked you repeatedly, and you refused so far to answer.

When was the first time an administration official in a public speech said that Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9-11? Was there even on incidence between 9-11 and the first day of the war? IF there was not one mention of dissociation, WHY WAS THAT?

Another one, do you think these people in office are stupid? Do you not think they have hundreds of years of human history and decades of the study of the human mind in the repitiore? Politics is about PERCEPTION and these people know they can create illusions, even if they never state them. In fact, EXPLICITLY stating them, would destroy the illusion.

If you ignore everything else, just answer the question in bold please

Back
Top Bottom