• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Upgraded to 4.0.7

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Many bug fixes.
Added side bar to forum. Still tweaking the colors.

Click on the
tab-collapsed.png
to toggle the display.
Let me know if you want to keep the sidebar active.

Thanks

Edit: Sidebar forum/posts content updates every 5 minutes. Announcements and blogs every hour.

Last edited:
I actually came down here to ask about the sidebar dealie.. so I'm glad you posted this. Thanks! :)

I like it, though it does display basement posts.

I don't really care one way or another whether or not it displays basement postings, but I wonder if all who view the page can see them just like we can. I was under the impression that the basement was not accessable to all, so this represents a change in that policy if everybody can, indeed, see them.

I don't really care one way or another whether or not it displays basement postings, but I wonder if all who view the page can see them just like we can. I was under the impression that the basement was not accessable to all, so this represents a change in that policy if everybody can, indeed, see them.

On your own on that one. My bar shows basement threads, news 2.0 threads among some others that are not basement related.
It is probable it shows threads in topics you post the most frequently in. And i believe the basement is accessible to all, but not the tavern.

It uses the permission system. Whatever forum you can see, the posts will display - all forums.
We may adjust it later to exclude the basement. For now, we are testing to see how folks like it.

DP creates much more than 7 posts in 5 minutes so not all posts may get displayed as recent posts.

EDIT: Basement threads and posts should no longer display on the sidebar.

Last edited:
I don't like the sidebar, but clicking the arrow takes pretty much no effort, so kudos for it as others will use it.

Also, performance seems better. I see fewer freezes.

Agreed, performance seems to have improved with this update and some server-side tweaks. Small hiccups at the top of the hour. Monitoring closely.

Bumped to 10 posts showing on the sidebar and only 125 character preview instead of 200.

Sidebar is excellent.

Next upgrade... restore the "who thanked your posts button"... I'm always curious to see if a Dem will ever give me a "thanks" hit. :)

I don't really care for the sidebar because every time I log in, I have to toggle it over. It's very distracting for me. If there was a way to turn this off in preferences, I think that would be helpful.

Also, is there a way we can find out who thanked us for what posts? That's a feature I miss.

Thanks.

Yeah i liked the "who thanked your posts" thing too.

Yeah i liked the "who thanked your posts" thing too.
We miss it too. We are keeping our fingers crossed the author adds that option back in for vb4.

We miss it too. We are keeping our fingers crossed the author adds that option back in for vb4.

I think the mod author left vBulletin. Not entirely sure.

Many bug fixes.
Added side bar to forum. Still tweaking the colors.

Click on the
tab-collapsed.png
to toggle the display.
Let me know if you want to keep the sidebar active.

Thanks

Edit: Sidebar forum/posts content updates every 5 minutes. Announcements and blogs every hour.

i really, really, like the sidebar. thanks!

Vauge, template issues with Internet Explorer 9. "View in compatability mode" solves the problem but for professionalism's sake it would be better in the long run for you to resolve this issue. Internet Explorer will eventually have to move away from this feature as time progresses, along with Chrome and Firefox as they evolve with this trend of sleek UI's and hardware acceleration that Microsoft is trying to set. Irrelevant either way. It's a popular medium for accessing the internet whether you like IE or not.

x3z6tw.png

Last edited:
PS: I'm betting your forum makers will release fixes when the time is right though.

Back
Top Bottom