• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Update on my Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) surgery outcome

Since I went into self quarantine in mid-March, I have done my best to avoid contact with people due to the pandemic. I've grown used to the monastic life style.

Wait, what? You got vaccinated, didn't you?

That's too bad. I wish you good health. Sue the bastards. Get a personal injury lawyer. Most times you ask tor a million & most settle for tens of thousand. $$$
Thanks. I thought about it but im sort of used to it now.

OMG I just realized this was a 2020 thread.
Anyway, hope you're all better now, @JacksinPA 😎

It's all history. And the cause? Not cholesterol but simply age. We evolved to live long enough to reproduce & that's it. Hundreds of thousands of years ago you were an old man if you made it to 30. The aortic valve is a marvel of engineering but it was not designed by any conscious entity nor did it evolve to last forever. Hearts & all their components evolved from the few common ancestors of all life.

OMG I just realized this was a 2020 thread.
Anyway, hope you're all better now, @JacksinPA 😎
Thanks. My strict isolation paid off because I did not get infected & got the call from my PCP to get vaccinated. But my time in the monastery was well spent. I studied the biology of the coronavirus family from current virology textbooks. It was such hard going that even with my degree in chemistry I still was absorbing only a sentence at a time until the light went off & I had suddenly figured it out right until the key step involving an enzyme. That enzyme is known to be inhibited by a number of commercially available natural products, bottles of which are in my fridge. Never had to use them but I had done my homework & as the Boy Scouts say, Be Prepared!

Thanks. My strict isolation paid off because I did not get infected & got the call from my PCP to get vaccinated. But my time in the monastery was well spent. I studied the biology of the coronavirus family from current virology textbooks. It was such hard going that even with my degree in chemistry I still was absorbing only a sentence at a time until the light went off & I had suddenly figured it out right until the key step involving an enzyme. That enzyme is known to be inhibited by a number of commercially available natural products, bottles of which are in my fridge. Never had to use them but I had done my homework & as the Boy Scouts say, Be Prepared!
What natural products?

What natural products?
I posted them hear a year or so ago. I spent a lot of time researching this question & was happy to find 3-4 natural products that inhibit the key viral protease & that are available through Amazon. You turn this enzyme OFF with an inhibitor. If this enzyme does not work the virus dies. I got yelled at for starting a thread for each. I even created slides for a presentation on this that I sent to my cardiologist because I was concerned about his well-being with the virus. This was before the vaccine. Very interesting topic but people's eyes glaze over when I start talking about enzyme inhibitors.

I posted them hear a year or so ago. I spent a lot of time researching this question & was happy to find 3-4 natural products that inhibit the key viral protease & that are available through Amazon. You turn this enzyme OFF with an inhibitor. If this enzyme does not work the virus dies. I got yelled at for starting a thread for each. I even created slides for a presentation on this that I sent to my cardiologist because I was concerned about his well-being with the virus. This was before the vaccine. Very interesting topic but people's eyes glaze over when I start talking about enzyme inhibitors.
If you can direct me to the thread where its posted i would like to read it.

I don't remember you being yelled at.
I VAGUELY remember reading the thread though with my 64 year old Pla-Doh brain, I am struggling to remember what your magic elixir was.
I also remember Fauci discussing Vitamin D, Quercetin and Zinc as adjuncts in creating a less friendly respiratory environment for the virus as well.
I also remember talk of flavinoids in green tea and certain types of grapes.
Do us a favor and link to the thread please.

Last edited:
When you have a TAVR you need to take the antibiotic amoxacillin before any surgery, even a visit to the dentist where they have it on your chart. But my GI group did both a colonoscopy & at least one endoscopy - with no antibiotic beforehand. The problem is bacteria getting into your bloodstream can cause myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart. Not good. It occurred to me last night to contact these people. I only spoke to the scheduler who phoned in an Rx for it. A miss is as good as a mile with these people. As you get older you have to keep an eye out for things like this.

When you have a TAVR you need to take the antibiotic amoxacillin before any surgery, even a visit to the dentist where they have it on your chart. But my GI group did both a colonoscopy & at least one endoscopy - with no antibiotic beforehand. The problem is bacteria getting into your bloodstream can cause myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart. Not good. It occurred to me last night to contact these people. I only spoke to the scheduler who phoned in an Rx for it. A miss is as good as a mile with these people. As you get older you have to keep an eye out for things like this.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom