• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Update on 1/6 committee - new schedule

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
The committee had planned 6 or 7 hearings, ending in June. But it's gotten new information it wants to incorporate, to tomorrow's hearing is the last until they do, and further hearings are postponed until about mid-July. The new info we know of, strangely, is a just-discovered documentary filmmaker the trump family brought in the White House from September until 1/20/22... with film of trump and his family and others in the White House during a lot of things.

Somehow, the trump White House and campaign staff were surprised by this news of the filmmaker and interviews. This just took a big step towards Watergate possibly - Nixon had his tapes that came out unexpectedly late in the investigation, and now these 'tapes' or film are doing the same, depending what they show.

I would be surprised at this point if there is ANYTHING that could possibly ever be revealed that would change Trump voters’ minds, or get AG Garland to do anything. If all the overwhelming amount of stuff presented so far hasn’t, unlikely anything else will either.

I would be surprised at this point if there is ANYTHING that could possibly ever be revealed that would change Trump voters’ minds, or get AG Garland to do anything. If all the overwhelming amount of stuff presented so far hasn’t, unlikely anything else will either.
If they played a video of Trump confessing to everything scoobie-doo style, they would just creatively parsing his words to come up with a different meaning and then decry the lack of evidence.

If they played a video of Trump confessing to everything scoobie-doo style, they would just creatively parsing his words to come up with a different meaning and then decry the lack of evidence.

Yes- or they would cheer that it’s angering and “owning the libs”, and Garland would be even more cowed and intimidated by the dangerous mob to do anything.

They need time for Mo testimony...

It is truly amazing how well operation "let them speak" worked....

FVyHukIXwAcJInP

......just like their stupid moron followers couldn't resist filming each other while beating the police and invading the capitol, the trumps couldn't go a minute without, because they are so full of themselves.

e4b4e57aedc74338013d452c0dc191629721f9b6.gifv

It is truly amazing how well operation "let them speak" worked....

FVyHukIXwAcJInP

......just like their stupid moron followers couldn't resist filming each other while beating the police and invading the capitol, the trumps couldn't go a minute without, because they are so full of themselves.

e4b4e57aedc74338013d452c0dc191629721f9b6.gifv

Narcissists gonna narc themselves

I agree that his loyalists will always see him as the victim of a liberal witch hunt even though they refused to even weigh the information independently. However, I do think the hearings are causing some to want to put him in the rear view mirror and move on to a younger Trump is DeSantis. Watch the DeSantis cult swell....and watch Trump go ballistic.

Last edited:
I agree that his loyalists will always see him as the victim of a liberal who hunts even though they refused to even weigh the information independently. However, I do think the hearings are causing some to want to put him in the rear view mirror and move on to a younger Trump is DeSantis. Watch the DeSantis cult swell....and watch Trump go ballistic.
I don’t like DeSantis, but at least he is not a criminal psychopath. At this point I’m OK with that.

I agree that his loyalists will always see him as the victim of a liberal who hunts even though they refused to even weigh the information independently. However, I do think the hearings are causing some to want to put him in the rear view mirror and move on to a younger Trump is DeSantis. Watch the DeSantis cult swell....and watch Trump go ballistic.
I'm with you in your opinion. This will do DeSantis wonders as folks fall away from trump.

I don’t like DeSantis, but at least he is not a criminal psychopath. At this point I’m OK with that.
Well not that we know of.......he has potential.

One thing could be something like from 'Lonesome Rhodes', the old Andy Griffith movie, where he became a power-crazed national political figure based on a lot like trump demagoguing, and his assistant sabotaged him by leaving the mic on after his show when he insulted his audience.

You shouldn't be. That's how terrible people get power. I'm sure there was someone worse than Hitler probably, that doesn't make Hitler ok. It's ok to prefer DeSantis to trump, but DeSantis is still a terrible monster, period.

One thing could be something like from 'Lonesome Rhodes', the old Andy Griffith movie, where he became a power-crazed national political figure based on a lot like trump demagoguing, and his assistant sabotaged him by leaving the mic on after his show when he insulted his audience.
Real life is, unfortunately, seldom that satisfying. That’s why they make movies.

Back
Top Bottom