• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

UPDATE: Father of Wounded Marine at Walter Reed Last Night: “Biden had the audacity to try to visit my son this evening. He was not welcomed”

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Biden is a disgrace to America. What a complete and utter mistake.
————
n account by a father of a wounded Marine says Joe Biden tried to visit his son last night but Biden was not welcomed by the family. So far that appears to be the only report on Biden’s visit to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. The White House has been silent on the visit with no photos released, accounts of visits or even reports of Biden awarding Purple Hearts.

“Biden had the audacity to try to visit my son this evening. He was not welcomed. He is lucky I am a calm person…My daughter told me to stand down.”

————
n account by a father of a wounded Marine says Joe Biden tried to visit his son last night but Biden was not welcomed by the family. So far that appears to be the only report on Biden’s visit to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. The White House has been silent on the visit with no photos released, accounts of visits or even reports of Biden awarding Purple Hearts.

“Biden had the audacity to try to visit my son this evening. He was not welcomed. He is lucky I am a calm person…My daughter told me to stand down.”

I'm calling that story complete BS.
You're desperate to make as headline.

It doesn't get much lower than using the families of dead or wounded soldiers.
I agree. That is why the parent is pissed Biden was using the families of dead or wounded soldiers

What the President did is common. What you did is common as well. Only one was using fallen soldiers.
But what was uncommon was the treatment Biden received from some of the parents. He is hated that much. Rightfully so.

But what was uncommon was the treatment Biden received from some of the parents. He is hated that much. Rightfully so.

Nah. This thread and your use of soldiers is common trash.

You are saying it yourself. Something is wrong with that family if they turn a visit of the current president into a personal vendetta and an opportunity to get famous for their political leans. Hate sprong out of assumtions and with no other motive than political disagreements isn't just wrong, it is something sick in it.

You and I don't agree, but I never met you, you never done anything personal to me. Consequently I don't hate you, I might dislike you at times, because of your posts, but that is as far as it goes.... Anything else would just be.....crazy..... and this is the mindset that brings birth to extremism or terrorism or what ever you want to call it.

Did Biden support Bush/Cheney on this invasion initially?

————

That family was so full of hate that they turned down a routine visit from a president.

————

You had no problem with all the thousands of dead soldiers from the last 3 presidents. You do not actually care about this issue of you only care when a Democrat is president.

Thank you, Joe Biden for FINALLY getting us out of this mess and by doing so saving countless lives. People like VySky would've kept is there for many more decades.

I am glad that the family declined the offer of a visit by that gentleman.

I assume that the family was firm but respectful when that gentleman's advance team informed the family of the gentleman's offer of a visit.

It would have been counterproductive for the family to curse and yell and scream.

A quiet refusal to let that gentleman have a photo-op was sufficient.

I remember how some people showed their contempt for President Clinton by refusing to shake his proffered hand on the dais during one event.

And how some Chicago police officers turned their back on the city's mayor when she went to visit a wounded police officer.

So far that appears to be the only report on Biden’s visit to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. The White House has been silent on the visit with no photos released, accounts of visits or even reports of Biden awarding Purple Hearts.

That is why the parent is pissed Biden was using the families of dead or wounded soldiers
I don't suppose you see the total disconnect between those two statements, do you?

You had no problem with all the thousands of dead soldiers from the last 3 presidents. You do not actually care about this issue of you only care when a Democrat is president.

Thank you, Joe Biden for FINALLY getting us out of this mess and by doing so saving countless lives. People like VySky would've kept is there for many more decades.

Here we go again ..........

The majority of Americans supported leaving Afghanistan and you the many others on here keep tossing in one strawman argument after another to cover Biden's **** up.

They are upset about Biden leaving the citizens behind.

Try harder..........you can do it.

It doesn't get much lower than using the families of dead or wounded soldiers.
LOL - "c'mon man!" No one's so dim as to miss the fact that it was Biden trying to use the family of a dead soldier for his own publicity.

In fact, if he hadn't we wouldn't even have the story in the first place.

The only problem is it was Biden, who - true to form - wasn't even competent enough to do that.

No, it wasn't uncommon. I would have had a cow about Trump visiting me or my husband had one of us been harmed while serving our country. Wouldn't even be about blaming him either.

President Biden is not hated nearly as much as Trump was. Many past Presidents have been snubbed by people in the same way, hated by families of servicemembers or others.

I think the OP is afraid that the story about Biden ending the war in Afghanistan is slowly petering out.

————

BS, more blathering use of grieving relatives by the unscrupulous to beat up on Biden.

————

There sure is a lot of stupidity on the Right.

Gateway Pundit is a cesspool of bullshit so I don't remotely entertain any of the lying shit they post.

That being said....Yay for using dead soldiers as political crutches again! If the last 20 years has taught me anything it's that Conservatives don't really give much of a shit about soldiers unless they're dead. Oh dead, and a Democrat in office. None of you gave a shit about dead soldiers from 2017-2021.

Back
Top Bottom