• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Upcoming UFO report will be 'difficult to explain,' former national intelligence official says

I'm not claiming to 'know' anything about liquid mercury or gravity modification propulsion systems other than what I've read and heard.

But to me, common sense tells me we can't travel the vast distances to other solar systems and galaxy's the same way we travel to the grocery store or even our conventional aircraft.

Unless we find a way to sidestep the distance, we aren't going at all.

I mean, using today's technology, it would take 6300 years to get to Alpha Centauri, and everyone aboard would be a mass of tumors in 6 months.

I think a big thing regarding energy is we have to think beyond what we've viewed as energy. The combustion engine and even rockets are basically primitive propulsion methods when dealing with space flight. Liquid mercury has been mentioned many times as one of the new sources of energy for some of the propulsion systems over the past 30/40+ years.

this is definitely true. dare I say, I think we need better ways to focus energy also to do something like this... we already know the time dilation principle works and that spacetime warps, we just need massive energy to use it in the way we're talking. here's a cool basic site about this type of stuff if anyone is interested or doesn't already know it:

https://www.science.org.au/curious/space-time/gravity

my question is, if you can focus energy in the right way, can you make it so you don't need such a raw amount in the process.

Unless we find a way to sidestep the distance, we aren't going at all.

I mean, using today's technology, it would take 6300 years to get to Alpha Centauri, and everyone aboard would be a mass of tumors in 6 months.

Again, that's why we need to assume based on those in the know who have stated its SO, that we've developed or copied a new propulsion system.

I'm not strictly going off of trusting everyone and anyone, but when people who have the credentials to back up what they're saying speak on a subject, even with incredible hard to believe statements, we can't dismiss them simply because it doesn't fit what we currently know.

Military technologies have always been 20-50 years ahead of what the public knows. This would fit that narrative.

Again, that's why we need to assume based on those in the know who have stated its SO, that we've developed or copied a new propulsion system.

I'm not strictly going off of trusting everyone and anyone, but when people who have the credentials to back up what they're saying speak on a subject, even with incredible hard to believe statements, we can't dismiss them simply because it doesn't fit what we currently know.

Military technologies has always been 20-50 ahead of what the public knows. This would fit that narrative.

No argument, but it is mathematically as plain as day that "accelerating faster" isn't going to do the job.

No argument, but it is mathematically as plain as day that "accelerating faster" isn't going to do the job.

I completely agree.

I also think those in the business of developing space flight would know this too, which is why they looked for new and different methods of propulsion. From what I've uncovered, it looks like they've found it.

very good, that is certainly true, but still leaves it in the realm of possibility. 2 things we aren't certain about yet: harnessing power and complete knowledge about gravity and spacetime. we know massive conduits of power exist, such as black holes, we just do not know how to harness them yet. we are still in the ant stage... but at least we're no longer 1 celled amoebas about the possibility.

its quite an elegant a solution and imo if the universe likes anything, it is elegance.

Well, even if you did manage to warp spacetime, a geodesic would still be a straight line in that system. In other words, warping spacetime doesn't really bring you to another point. To get from one point to another you have to travel along the warped lines of spacetime, which would be the same distance as before.

To take advantage of warped spacetime to achieve apparent faster than light travel would require somehow jumping out of spacetime altogether.

To take advantage of warped spacetime to achieve apparent faster than light travel would require somehow jumping out of spacetime altogether.

I've heard that referred to as hyperspace travel.

I've heard that referred to as hyperspace travel.

That's a term that used in science fiction movies and books.

But as I've been saying, unless general relativity is wrong, which seems vanishingly small, there's no possibility we're going to do it.

Of course, we might find out something fundamentally new which would change everything. That's possible.

But any thought of exploring the universe outside the solar system depends completely on this unknown breakthrough taking place.

I can't rule it out categorically, but the realist in me says that Einstein was right about c, and that aliens have not arrived here from other stars or galaxies.

But as I've been saying, unless general relativity is wrong, which seems vanishingly small, there's no possibility we're going to do it.

Of course, we might find out something fundamentally new which would change everything. That's possible.

But any thought of exploring the universe outside the solar system depends completely on this unknown breakthrough taking place.

I can't rule it out categorically, but the realist in me says that Einstein was right about c, and that aliens have not arrived here from other stars or galaxies.

Another quote by Ben Rich, “We know how to travel to the stars. We found an error in the equations and it won’t take a lifetime to do it.”

He didn't state what the equation was or what the error was, but based on the lack of known technological advances in propulsion on this planet compared to the speed of advances we've had in other technological areas, it would make a lot of sense that the public scientific community has been going down the wrong road with regards to propulsion and energy advancement.

So was warp speed yet it's a common term now used with some of the exotic propulsion systems.

Here's a very interesting interview with Eric W. Davis. He is an astrophysicist who gave a briefing to the defense department about off-world vehicle retrievals.

Do you think people will wake up and find National Unity... and come to terms to accept that we are "One Nation", that Political Parties should be working on unified goals, for Nation and American Society, rather than fighting each other in a power struggle that defeats the principle of Unity.. if it is declared that beings from another solar system are here?
You can answer that question yourself. Will YOU find unity with the other side or do you expect them to find unity with you? Will you finally tolerate the other side?

Back
Top Bottom