• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Up to 8,000 migrants advance in U.S.-bound caravans across Guatemala (1/16/21)

We dont apply the free market to the supply of humans. Thats what lead to slavery.
I have to disagree. Private prisons are 'free market', and one reason many people get sentence to prision, because there is a penalty to the prison company if the numbers drop below a certain level.

those people are then 'rented out' for cheap labor, and paid a buck a day.

Come out from under that rock. It is in abundance.

Show one place where it does.

Give an example. Show how there is no government interference .

Name that country.

Are you carrying water for Marxists or democrats. Nearly one and the same.

This is why nobody takes your posts seriously.

Come out from under that rock. It is in abundance.

It does not. There is a market, but it's not free, and neither side has any interest in it being free.

US. Its everywhere. I don't think you've grasped the concept.

In economics, a free market is a system in which the prices for goods and services are self-regulated by the open market and by consumers.

Why don't you show me where the prices are set by something other than the market.

Yes, I know what it is. That system does not exist. We have things known as 'price regulations', and 'business subsidies' , also 'tarriffs.
Have you heard of those concepts?

More difficult to do when right wingers cause more problems and corruption with your worthless and alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror which only make things worse.
Crime , drugs, terror. Standard operating procedure in much of latin America.

They change the quote from "As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion..." to "The United States is not, in any sense, a Christian nation" in an attempt to make their point that couldn't be made with the actual words..
It all means the same. The US is not a 'Christian' nation today, nor was it founded as one.

Not really. I think most Democrats are focused on legal path for the those already here, especially Dreamers, as the top priority. Well, after COVID, health care, environment, etc. Strengthening or relaxing border control seems like a second or third order priority right now so I doubt he'd lose much support if he punted on this topic for a while.
You have a point, and Joe if anything is politically expedient. Keep in mind though, a surge in illegal border crossing directly impacts those issues. And states like California are already hemorrhaging revenue via tax base exodus. If the people/businesses fleeing continue to be replaced by a few hundred thousand unskilled illegals, that can't be screened for covid19, the strain on the system will reach an untenable level. It's already busting at the seems.

You have a point, and Joe if anything is politically expedient. Keep in mind though, a surge in illegal border crossing directly impacts those issues. And states like California are already hemorrhaging revenue via tax base exodus. If the people/businesses fleeing continue to be replaced by a few hundred thousand unskilled illegals, that can't be screened for covid19, the strain on the system will reach an untenable level. It's already busting at the seems.
This new administration is going to supersize the problem. Americans get to the back of the line.

This new administration is going to supersize the problem. Americans get to the back of the line.
It may, but he may surprise you in certain situations. Biden has had the luxury of being on both sides of issues, like fracking, the Hyde amendment, desegregation and so on. He will do what ever benefits his presidency. He is guided by polling and focus groups. He's kind of like Bill Clinton light. He doesn't have any core values.

YOU FIXED NUTHIN. AND AMNESTY WILL FIX NUTHIN. CAN YOU SAY BANDAID?

Yes I can and I check my cap lock before I post.... ;)

They are refugees from nations we care little about. We pour more money and effort in broken nations halfway across the planet but ignore our own back yard... ✌

It all means the same. The US is not a 'Christian' nation today, nor was it founded as one.

Thats because you are a liberal, government means the same thing as a nation because the government is the nation.

I was surprised listening to a run through on all his executive orders, it didnt include his stopping of deportations.

"Number two, the first hundred days of my administration, no one, no one will be deported at all. From that point on, the only deportations that will take place are commissions of felonies in the United States of America. "

YES!!!!!!!!!

Soon the end of white culture in America!!!! Soon the taco will replace the hot dog and churros supplant apple pie 'as American as....'

Bout time we rid ourselves of the Germanic culture with it's 'supermen'....

Viva a New America!!!!!! ✌
Every great nation will fall. It is time for us to become a 3rd world country I guess. We can see first hand what these people have made of their countries. I will pray they are not allowed to do to this country what they have done to the country they are fleeing. I could not imagine building a house so terrible I had to tuck tail and run in fear from it. So sad.

They're fleeing in droves from their country for a reason. Refugees, I heard. I'm fine with immigration, but make sure the problems get left in the old country.
The home they are fleeing is what they built. It is their great accomplishment. I would would run for my life if I had created such a nightmare out of my country. The only problem is will they learn from the people who built this great country or will they do the same to this country what they did to their country.

What is really sad is all the good law abiding people all over the world waiting years if not decades to come to this country who will never be allowed to immigrate here thanks to the lawless losers circumventing our immigration laws with these asylum lies.

Well, lets hear their cases and decide for ourselves whether or not to let them in as refugees. No one leaves their nation and risks their lives for nothing people. That journey across Mexico is incredibly hard and dangerous. Only desperate people do this, people who want to live not die. They deserve our respect.

Every great nation will fall. It is time for us to become a 3rd world country I guess. We can see first hand what these people have made of their countries. I will pray they are not allowed to do to this country what they have done to the country they are fleeing. I could not imagine building a house so terrible I had to tuck tail and run in fear from it. So sad.

Oh you can keep the pity hankie in your pocket for now.... :rolleyes:

'Those people' didn't make their country what it is today, the people who are making those countries a hot mess are STILL in those countries- well except when they come up in their private jets to fete American corporations and politicians. We demand far more from other nations for our aid and business than our neighbors. Our leaders shrug and look the other way when our major corporations bribe their way to riches for themselves and a few politicians down there.

The Irish immigrants didn't ruin their country before coming to our country and building railroads, skyscrapers, mined coal and forged steel.

Nor did the Germans, Italians, Slavs, Poles or dozens of other refugees. However with every new surge some ahhhh we'll call them 'nativists' decried 'these people' coming to America, often with little more than the clothes on they backs and pathetic bundle. 'Why, they will drag our nation down, why don't they stay and fix their countries???'

It's not time for us to become a third world country, that's not the American Spirit I was raised to believe in.... :mad:

America was built by MILLIONS of refugees who' tucked tail and ran' to use the Vdare rhetoric, or they saw a shiny city on the hill and braved the hazards to come here and if the American Dream is true, a good chance to provide a future for their children and their children not available to any but a privileged few.. ✌

Back
Top Bottom