• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unwanted cell phione charges

Lord of Planar

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Anyone see this pop up on their bill?

When I went online to pay my bill, it was $10 more than normal. I traced it to a new monthly charge on my daughter's line called "Mrs. Text." I talked to her briefly, she said she didn't do it. She's 25 now and wouldn't lie to me about something as small as a $10 charge. I went online to see what I could find. I found Ripoff Report had this to say from someone reporting it:

Fortunately I called my cell phone company because my bill was so high. They told me I had a "third party text" company that was charging me $9.95/month. I asked how in the heck that company "mrstext" got onto my cell phone bill and my cell phone. They said I must have downloaded it. No way. I already had unlimited text service through my cell phone company.

Fortunately, my cell phone company said they would cancel it and refund me the $9.95. I'll check in a few days and see if they did so. My cell phone company is T-Mobile. Did they "Okay" this sneaky download?

I called mrstext.com at 1-800-214-3052 and they said I knowingly submitted approval to their company and terms. Not true. They snuck themselves into my cell phone service bill. I hate it when internet companies insert themselves and charge you for your service.

Just beware and check your phone cell service bill just in case you got hit on, like I did.

Ripoff Report

Mrs. Text

There is no such things as a wanted cell phone charge.

Back
Top Bottom