• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unvaccinated Students at High School Prom “Numbered” with a Sharpie – Tracked All Night

This article you posted brings some relevancy to the comment you dismiss.

The reasons offered in that article refer to some GOP attributes which deter Americans who're Jewish from the GOP.

Among them, the GOP's expressed desires to weaken the separation of Church and State and their support of and association with racists/racism.

e.g.
"...Jews also felt threatened by the people Trump surrounded himself with, in particular Steve Bannon, who at the time was Trump's campaign manager and had, as the director of the conservative website Breitbart, given a platform to the alt-right and to open racists and antisemites [sic] such as Richard Spencer."

So pointing out that the use of Nazis stars of David to score cheap political points is kinda ****ed up from a Jewish perspective is actually relevant here.
Which is what I assume the other poster meant by asking that (seemingly) rhetorical question about American Jews and the GOP.

Uh huh. Sure. On an OP that is about high school kids you quote the death rate that includes people over 65 and 80.
Here are the CDC stats.

There are several observations worth noting. First, as we have long known, people of college age and younger are very unlikely to die. The 5-9 and 10-14 age groups are the least likely to die. (Note that an IFR of 0.001% means that one person in that age group will die for every 100,000 infected.) The 0-4 and 15-19 age groups are three times likelier to die than the 5-9 and 10-14 age groups, but the risk is still exceedingly small at 0.003% (or 3 deaths for every 100,000 infected).
You should have been more clear in your statement in that case. Also, you contradicted yourself as your previously stated .0001% and now it is .003% per your stat. Also, a link would be nice, I need to make sure you are using a reputable source before we move forward with this number.

Lastly, the death rate does not matter as school age kids have a right to protect themselves. The reasonable alternative would have been a fully masked prom.

So the Jews had the option not to attend one dance and be "branded" by Germans with a sharpie?

I didn't realize those high schoolers faced a possible death penalty for not allowing their hands to be marked with a sharpie during an optional prom dance.

More specifically the progression is the same.

At first, some the Jews in then Germany did state 'What harm could a star of David do me?'
The same way that you appear to be saying, 'What harm would a sharpie number do to the students?'

In both cases it's not the first thing, or the next thing, or the next and the next thing, but what it leads to, as @American had posted, which is why I quoted him in my response.

'Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it'.

So to be clear, 3 deaths out of 100,000 children is acceptable to you.

At what point, or percentage, do you start caring?
Yes. The same thing with crib deaths, car deaths, skateboards, etc.

Do you really think no one should die until they are 90?

You should have been more clear in your statement in that case. Also, you contradicted yourself as your previously stated .0001% and now it is .003% per your stat. Also, a link would be nice, I need to make sure you are using a reputable source before we move forward with this number.

Lastly, the death rate does not matter as school age kids have a right to protect themselves. The reasonable alternative would have been a fully masked prom.
It is beyond frigging insane to require someone that has a slim chance of dying to be vaccinated. It is criminal. It is communistic and totalitarian. We need to stop this madness in society. people are whacked out because of MSM fear.

THREE deaths out of 100,000 and they are required to be vaccinated? Seriously???

It is beyond frigging insane to require someone that has a slim chance of dying to be vaccinated. It is criminal. It is communistic and totalitarian. We need to stop this madness in society. people are whacked out because of MSM fear.

THREE deaths out of 100,000 and they are required to be vaccinated? Seriously???
You may want to breathe slowly into this

General-Paper-Bags-12-13-34

Sure it is, that's why they leave HIPAA protected information out in the open for everyone to see. Give the leftwing crap a rest, it isn't working here.
Next time this happens kids should refuse to answer the question and sue if they are denied entry...

Yes. The same thing with crib deaths, car deaths, skateboards, etc.

Do you really think no one should die until they are 90?

People do all kinds of safety measures to avoid those deaths: helmets, seat belts, following crib guidelines, etc…

I get people die but if you can stop the spread of a virus to protect vulnerable people from dying, why not?

More specifically the progression is the same.

At first, some the Jews in then Germany did state 'What harm could a star of David do me?'
The same way that you appear to be saying, 'What harm would a sharpie number do to the students?'

In both cases it's not the first thing, or the next thing, or the next and the next thing, but what it leads to, as @American had posted, which is why I quoted him in my response.

'Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it'.

You can’t convince me a voluntary prom marking unvaccinated kids is remotely the same as Jews in Nazi Germany so let’s just stop here.

People do all kinds of safety measures to avoid those deaths: helmets, seat belts, following crib guidelines, etc…

I get people die but if you can stop the spread of a virus to protect vulnerable people from dying, why not?
If people REALLY cared about preventable deaths the speed limit would be 25-35 mph on freeways.

If people REALLY cared about preventable deaths the speed limit would be 25-35 mph on freeways.
Tell that to the “pro-lifer” going on about acceptable death rates and not wanting to do their part.

I like having choices about what speed I can drive within limits or attending a voluntary dance and accepting the risks.

Right. Hysterics need to be reserved for instances of insurrection and Russian interference in our elections.

The way that things stand right now, the biggest threat to "our elections" is the decision made (and being implemented) by some people who cannot actually find any evidence of significant "voter fraud" to "out cheat the cheaters (who we juskno egzist even ifn we kaint prove it)".

Where that leads is to BOTH sides trying to "out cheat" the other and, when that happens, what you have is a "Farcocricy" where the "elections" are nothing but theater.

The way that things stand right now, the biggest threat to "our elections" is the decision made (and being implemented) by some people who cannot actually find any evidence of significant "voter fraud" to "out cheat the cheaters (who we juskno egzist even ifn we kaint prove it)".

Where that leads is to BOTH sides trying to "out cheat" the other and, when that happens, what you have is a "Farcocricy" where the "elections" are nothing but theater.
That comment is, in fact, hysterics. You are assuming that there will be or is foul play going on in the audit while simultaneously dismissing the possibility that there was foul play during the election. The presumption that Democrats are good and Republicans are evil might play well on the cocktail party circuit but it isn't reality.

You can’t convince me a voluntary prom marking unvaccinated kids is remotely the same as Jews in Nazi Germany so let’s just stop here.
Of course that's not what I'm comparing. I'm drawing a similarity of attitude and how marking the unvaccinated is the first step to all that comes after.

Is it any wonder that vaccine passports is legally dead, as it should be. Marking the unvaccinated kids is little more than the same.
Why do you think that high school kids deserve any less? Why do you hold the rights and privacies of high school kids any less than any adult? They are nearly adults, are they not?

But of course you knew that, but chose to ignore that, as well as the established history of the same. Nicely politically convenient, apparently.
Government Uber Alles? Thanks, but no.

Because all the whining I see about people not being vaccinated comes from the Left. Marking people is outrageous, and is leading us to a slippery slope.
Alternatively, they could just not attend the extracurricular activity.

How about we just stop hating the unvaccinated.

Because all the whining I see about people not being vaccinated comes from the Left. Marking people is outrageous, and is leading us to a slippery slope.

It is the unvaccinated who are prolonging this pandemic-increasing death counts and economic suffering for normal people.
Too bad if some covidiots get shamed for that

Of course that's not what I'm comparing. I'm drawing a similarity of attitude and how marking the unvaccinated is the first step to all that comes after.

Is it any wonder that vaccine passports is legally dead, as it should be. Marking the unvaccinated kids is little more than the same.
Why do you think that high school kids deserve any less? Why do you hold the rights and privacies of high school kids any less than any adult? They are nearly adults, are they not?

But of course you knew that, but chose to ignore that, as well as the established history of the same. Nicely politically convenient, apparently.
Government Uber Alles? Thanks, but no.

Tell the citizens of NY that the vaccine passport is legally dead, especially those who hold an excelsior pass.

Tell the citizens of NY that the vaccine passport is legally dead, especially those who hold an excelsior pass.
Should be.

Apparently there is no limit to the sheer stupidity of leftist sheeple. Heck, they voted in their own crime spree, didn't they? Not too bright.

Civil liberty advocates are saying that a program such as this will create a new “class system” that discriminates against those without the Excelsior Pass. Does that sound familiar to any of our regular readers? Back in December, I warned of the coming of a “two-tier society” based on exactly this premise. At the time, I foolishly thought that it would have to be handled internally by the travel industry and similar entities because it seemed unreasonable to believe that the government – at any level – would impose such restrictions on free movement.

It appears that I have underestimated them once again. The more chilling feature of this story comes when you consider what’s going to happen in the future. COVID is going to be with us for a long time, possibly forever. Even after we get it knocked down to the point where it’s under control to the level that the flu is, once a “passport” system like this is in place, do you think the government will ever cancel it? If you do, I’ve got a nice bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Everyone’s private medical data is going to be shared all over the place under this type of plan. Just like face masks and shutdowns, this sort of passport system must not be allowed to become a permanent fixture of American society. This is not normal. This is never going to be normal. And the government cannot be allowed to force us to accept it as normal.

Hawaii Gov. David Ige told reporters Monday that his state is testing the technology needed for a vaccine passport, but that there is still more work that needs to be done.
. . .
Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker has also said that he supports passports, but added that they should not be required to enter an event or facility.
. . . .
Meanwhile, leaders in a slew of states — including Florida, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri and Nebraska — have already expressed fierce opposition to any use of vaccine passports within their borders.

On Tuesday, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order prohibiting state agencies or organizations that receive state funds from requiring COVID-19 vaccine passports.

“Government should not require any Texan to show proof of vaccination and reveal private health information just to go about their daily lives. That is why I have issued an Executive Order that prohibits government-mandated vaccine passports in Texas,” Abbott said in a statement. “We will continue to vaccinate more Texans and protect public health — and we will do so without treading on Texans’ personal freedoms.”
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a similar executive order last week.

“It’s completely unacceptable for either the government or the private sector to impose upon you the requirement that you show proof of vaccine to just simply be able to participate in normal society,” DeSantis has said.

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp said he was opposed to “state-mandated” vaccine passports on Tuesday.
. . .
Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee also expressed his disapproval of vaccine passports Tuesday.

“I oppose vaccine passports. The COVID-19 vaccine should be a personal health choice, not a government requirement,” Lee tweeted.
Appears that the leftists, Democrats, liberals, progressives really like and really support class systems, just as long as they are on top, in control, and making the decisions. Kinda figures, doesn't it?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, as yet another reason to avoid New York, Hawaii, and Illinois at all costs, never to go there, and never to spend any money there. I'm fine with that, there are lots of states that I'd rather visit and would rather spend money in anyway. 🤷‍♂️

More of "my shit don't stink" nonsense. Just about everything Trump did was compared to the Nazis

Nothing's changed in that department.

_118414232_starcomp.jpg

Jude.jpg

I've had just about enough from this ****ing Democrat Nazis. Now we have vaccine shaming in schools!
I get your point bit it highlights my frustration with conservatives. You dont have to be a parent to show at schoolboard meetings and you dont have to have children to be eligible to vote for who sits on the schoolboard. Get involved and get rid of these people pushing these agendas on our children. Get involved. Push back!

@ American

There is no such thing as "HIPAA protected information." HIPAA was signed by Bill Clinton. What it does is,

1. Requires medical providers to permit you the ability to see your health information
2. Requires medical providers to keep your health information secure

It does not,

3. Prohibit store, restaurants, family members, strangers, and any other non-provider from asking you for health information
4. Prohibit the same from requesting you to provide proof of vaccination
FERPA, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, applies to most school health records

I have already pointed out in another thread that there are likely many people who are already immune to this disease, having basic immunity from prior experiences with coronaviruses.

I myself seem to have that immunity, as I had no reaction to the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson?) "single-shot" vaccine, and have NEVER experienced symptoms of colds or flu since I was 9 years old.

People who get the shots are supposed to be immunized. People who feel they remain at risk for whatever reason should either take the shot(s) or whatever personal action to protect themselves.

But IMO people who choose not to should be allowed to do so and walk freely amongst us. They are the ones at risk, not YOU if YOU do what you need to for personal protection (get vaccinated, wear a bubble suit, w/e).

You are so correct here... This is just more extremism coming from the nanny type Democrats to control the healthcare decisions of others... I thought they were for the people having their own autonomy? ;)

It's also about Biden adding a feather to his cap when he brags about how many he got vaccinated.

Back
Top Bottom