• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unusually early Greenland Melt

You know, you're getting to be pretty much as bad as the abortion and gun trolls. Every couple of days, a new thread that provides no proposed solutions or ways forward, just an opportunity to belittle anyone who doesn't jump on board and wring their hands about the planet expiring.

What's your solution? What should mankind do? If we cut out all fossil fuels, are you going to quell the riots as people lose their incomes and ability to survive?

Your threads on this subject are nothing but trolling expeditions.

Yeah. It's crazy for me to present links to scientific websites with current data.

I can see how that would make you uncomfortable.

Yes, the arrogance of the climate chicken littles. Spew statistics about 100 year out guesses as if they are undeniable and ridicule anyone who doesn't fall for the same scam they've swallowed, while simply ignoring the evidence on the ground and the day to day effects on people who actually live today.

I always find complaints about 'arrogance' are leveled by people who have little to no understanding of the issue, yet are unable to admit it.

Always.

Yes, the arrogance of the climate chicken littles. Spew statistics about 100 year out guesses as if they are undeniable and ridicule anyone who doesn't fall for the same scam they've swallowed,

I'm happy to ridicule anyone who doesn't have evidence to support their beliefs. Including you. You say mitigating climate change will crash the economy? Where's your evidence for that? Or did you forget that on your way out the door?

I cited three peer-reviewed studies, and you've got zip. You lose.

while simply ignoring the evidence on the ground and the day to day effects on people who actually live today.

Evidence you seem completely unable to cite.

CJ has that one right. My post was in support of him.

You must have missed this:

"China is experiencing slowing growth, but massive growth none the less. They are not reducing their impact on man made climate change and you're simply being dishonest to purport that they are."

But then again, you wouldn't acknowledge it anyway.

Yeah. It's crazy for me to present links to scientific websites with current data.

I can see how that would make you uncomfortable.

Doesn't make me the least uncomfortable. Just makes me wonder what's your point. It's like someone daily posting articles about gang shootings in Chicago but not making any comment about it or making any suggestions about how it could be remedied or curtailed.

You should start a weather thread, update it daily. Would be about as useful as far as discussion is concerned.

You are simply wrong. Your inability to accept it is telling.

Put the mirror down - it's unseemly for you to be so critical of yourself and I have no intention of criticizing you personally for your lack of ability to accept that fact.

I always find complaints about 'arrogance' are leveled by people who have little to no understanding of the issue, yet are unable to admit it.

Always.

Gee, I've always felt that about the arrogant climate hand wringers, like you. You can't seem to understand that those who oppose what's going on are opposed to the proposed remedies that have zero impact on climate but have massive impacts on first world economies and the wealth of those nations' citizens.

"China is experiencing slowing growth, but massive growth none the less. They are not reducing their impact on man made climate change and you're simply being dishonest to purport that they are."

Perhaps you don't understand that China's economic growth of about 7% plus annually is still massive growth, not a reduction. Then again, you wouldn't acknowledge your error anyway.

Gee, I've always felt that about the arrogant climate hand wringers, like you. You can't seem to understand that those who oppose what's going on are opposed to the proposed remedies that have zero impact on climate but have massive impacts on first world economies and the wealth of those nations' citizens.
I have never understood the rush to do "something" about AGW.
Weather CO2 is an issue or not, it has taken us 130 years of very hectic growth to get 43%
of the first doubling of CO2.
Fracking and other enhanced recovery techniques are signs that we are having trouble
sustaining the oil output levels.
Society will transition away from fossil oil soon because of business cost and business risk,
without any action from government, or without any addition taxes.

Weather CO2 is an issue or not, it has taken us 130 years of very hectic growth to get 43%
Fracking and other enhanced recovery techniques are signs that we are having trouble
Society will transition away from fossil oil soon because of business cost and business risk,

You're absolutely right - but saving the planet or climate remediation isn't the ultimate goal. It's just the convenient conduit for the actual goal of wealth redistribution and the establishment of a global entity that controls and distributes that wealth.

The climate handwringers, those truly concerned about the planet, are simply the convenient idiots being used by those with other agendas.

Great example of someone who doesn't like the solution, so he denies there is a problem.

Great example of someone who doesn't like the solution, so he denies there is a problem.

Never once denied there wasn't a problem - and that hurts your narrative. You have to accuse those who disagree with you of not respecting the science because you know you're being used as a rube for the wealth redistribution lobby.

I don't accuse you of being part of the plan to filter wealth from first world nations to the UN and the cretins they support so why do you feel the need to accuse those who oppose the remediation measures of not believing the science? I'm guessing it's because you actually realize you're being used.

They don't seem to understand the reality of profit motives. Supply and demand will naturally have us transition away from fossil fuels. It doesn't keep the left from wanting to destroy the first world nations faster than the pace they have already accomplished.

Does anyone see a good future?

Please tell us how your proposed solution will work if we don't impose it on all nations?

They don't seem to understand the reality of profit motives. Supply and demand will naturally have us transition away from fossil fuels. It doesn't keep the left from wanting to destroy the first world nations faster than the pace they have already accomplished.

Does anyone see a good future?
I actually see a good future, the only bumps in the road ahead will most likely be the
government picking, and subsidizing some solution that will slow down natural market responses.

I actually see a good future, the only bumps in the road ahead will most likely be the
government picking, and subsidizing some solution that will slow down natural market responses.

I don't see a good future. Just decadence and decay as politicians keep sending jobs overseas and wanting the few wage earners left to support the unemployed they create.

I don't see a good future. Just decadence and decay as politicians keep sending jobs overseas and wanting the few wage earners left to support the unemployed they create.

Politicians didn't send jobs overseas, politicians don't run major corporations.... :roll:

CEOs and corporate boards send jobs overseas... :doh

But you maybe correct about the wage earners as it appears the politicians seem to think corporations pay way too much and people who inherit millions are poor victims of the 'death tax'... pretty much just leaves the W2 workers.... :peace

I guess I am just an optimist.
I see a need to bring the 2nd and 3ed world up to western standards
as an opportunity for the US to show the full depth of our innovative and inventive talents.
Better products will spur demand.
The ability to accumulate various alternative energy sources in a long lived dense medium,
is truly a game changer.
In the early years, it will mostly be fuel products, later as the technology improves,
it can be adapted to more conventional uses.
It will take many decades to bring the entire planet to the first world standard,
and the US can make and sell the tools for that path.

Please provide a post#. I don't find that in any CJ post.

Politicians didn't send jobs overseas, politicians don't run major corporations.... :roll:
So...

Is it your opinion that the laws politicians make on taxes and regulations, don't affect the decisions for business to move to someplace more business friendly?

Unlike liberals and progressives, I look at the root causes. Not the nearest or easiest entity to blame for agendas.

CEOs and corporate boards send jobs overseas... :doh
Because they are beholden to the best stock holder profits they can provide.

But you maybe correct about the wage earners as it appears the politicians seem to think corporations pay way too much and people who inherit millions are poor victims of the 'death tax'... pretty much just leaves the W2 workers.... :peace
It's your type of thinking that causes the over taxation of production. When lawmakers implement the tactics to punish the 1%, they simply push more tax generating wealth out of the states.

You progressives never think about the repercussions of the policies you favor, and that's why we are doomed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom