• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Unprecedented...': Widespread shock as Trump blasts the Pentagon - from the White House

Don’t they usually fire them?

once you start feuding with people you hire it rarely ends well.

and you know why? because they then feud with the next group too (and the really good assistants know not to come because they see how the head coach treats his employees).

“For what it’s worth, President Trump has appointed all the top level people at the Pentagon, which includes both uniformed military officers and civilian personnel,” Browne noted.

But not all of them yet. There are still a bunch of yellow bastards that Obama put in place, that make all the noise against the President.

But not all of them yet. There are still a bunch of yellow bastards that Obama put in place, that make all the noise against the President.

^ There you go. Yet another Trump Republican trashing people in the Pentagon.

We just all need to get use to this stuff.

DayLoser.jpg

Question for all

How many hours or days does before this gets walked back?

Now fit the record

I agree with Trump on this and Ike. The MIC has a lot of power in the US, it has pushed in my opinion Trump to start new attacks on many countries. Trumps attempts to pull the US military back has been met with heavy opposition in DC.

The Iran confrontation I expect was pushed by Bolton and other Neocons and held back by Trump.

This is the only issue I tend to feel that Trump is correct on

Yes I actually feel the same way. During his campaign, I was alarmed and he was promising to spend more on the MIC, or his hawkish stand on foreign policy. But his supporters seemed to love it- a refreshing change from weak Obama. His appointment of John Bolton was absolutely frightening. But in practice, he has actually proven to be more of an isolationist. This has been good in terms of military intervention. However, it is rather alarming in terms of his trade policy. But that is another matter.

I was alarmed and he was promising to spend more on the MIC, and a more hawkish stand on foreign policy- from Iran to N. Korea. His appointment of John Bolton absolutely frightened me. But in practice, he has actually proven to be more of an isolationist. This has been good in terms of military intervention. However, it is rather alarming in terms of his trade policy. But that is another matter.

Regardless, if the MIC is so worried about losing their jobs if we stop killing a greeting people, a good transition would be to move all that technology, infrastructure, and expertise to NASA- to space exploration and scientific research, to atmospheric and ocean research to the expanding the cutting edge of particle physics and solid state physics. Think what we could do!

But no, we keep building ever more efficient killing machines. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
once you start feuding with people you hire it rarely ends well.

and you know why? because they then feud with the next group too (and the really good assistants know not to come because they see how the head coach treats his employees).
I’m not sure if that was a yes or no answer. I would think the players (soldiers) would appreciate the coach who gets rid of the assistant coaches that aren’t doing them right.

He has gone through more cabinet members than most people change underwear. He just can’t get along with anyone he hires. That’s not deep state. That’s just evidence of a serious underlying dysfunctional personality disorder.

Trust me: you would not want that kind of person as a boss.

Last edited:
I’m not sure if that was a yes or no answer. I would think the players (soldiers) would appreciate the coach who gets rid of the assistant coaches that aren’t doing them right.

i didn't say that the head coach fired an employee (that he hired) that wasn't getting the job done.

i'm talking about feuding. with an entire group. which will then turn into the next group.

you must not be familiar with sports.

i didn't say that the head coach fired an employee (that he hired) that wasn't getting the job done.

i'm talking about feuding. with an entire group. which will then turn into the next group.

you must not be familiar with sports.
I’m not which is why I’m asking.

Has Trump radomly started a new war? Can you deny the Bush administration that started the endless wars on terror had connections to military defense contractors? And now, the sister of one of those guys is the current Secretary of Education. What exactly were her credentials to get that job? They all rub each other's backs at our expense.

U.S. contractors reap the windfalls of post-war reconstruction - ICIJ

Why are you defending these people who send our kids to die so they can get paid?

I think you’re missing the point here. The military doesn’t conduct a war or engage in a conflict without orders from the President. And yes, Trump got us involved in Syria and through arms sales in Yemen. There’s no such thing as any conflict that doesn’t involve contractors. It’s only a question of who authorized it and the answer is always the President.

I think you’re missing the point here. The military doesn’t conduct a war or engage in a conflict without orders from the President. And yes, Trump got us involved in Syria and through arms sales in Yemen. There’s no such thing as any conflict that doesn’t involve contractors. It’s only a question of who authorized it and the answer is always the President.

Wrong.

U.S. Senate: Official Declarations of War by Congress.

The Constitution grants Congress the sole power to declare war. Congress has declared war on 11 occasions, including its first declaration of war with Great Britain in 1812. Congress approved its last formal declaration of war during World War II. Since that time it has agreed to resolutions authorizing the use of military force and continues to shape U.S. military policy through appropriations and oversight.

Now don't tell me all those players involved - military, congress, and the President don't have ties or stakes in military defense contractors. I have already shown you it's a known fact.

Wrong.

U.S. Senate: Official Declarations of War by Congress.

Now don't tell me all those players involved - military, congress, and the President don't have ties or stakes in military defense contractors. I have already shown you it's a known fact.

Again, you’re missing the point. Why is Trump blaming military leaders for engagements ordered by the President? And by the way, Trump vetoed a Congressional resolution to end our involvement in Yemen and continued involvement in Syria without Congressional authorization.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.
Eisenhower's farewell address - Wikipedia

Unprecedented indeed.

Again, you’re missing the point. Why is Trump blaming military leaders for engagements ordered by the President? And by the way, Trump vetoed a Congressional resolution to end our involvement in Yemen.

I think because they are involved in it too.

United States Forces – Iraq - Wikipedia

Commanding general in Iraq: General Lloyd Austin

Lloyd J. Austin III | Raytheon Technologies

Gen. Austin has been a member of the Raytheon Technologies board (including his service on the predecessor United Technologies Corporation board) since 2016.

He is a retired four-star U.S. Army general with nearly 41 years of military service, including three years as the head of U.S. Central Command. He also was the Combined Forces commander in Iraq and Syria, and he has extensive operational experience, having commanded troops in combat throughout his command.

Wow, what a coincidence the commanding general from the Iraq war is now a board member at Raytheon Technologies which gets billion dollar government defense contracts.

Raytheon Technologies military contract amount - Google Search

Raytheon Technologies Corp. has been awarded a $2.3 billion contract from the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to build seven mobile missile-detecting radars for the U.S. military.

I think because they are involved in it too.

United States Forces – Iraq - Wikipedia

Commanding general in Iraq: General Lloyd Austin

Lloyd J. Austin III | Raytheon Technologies

Wow, what a coincidence the commanding general from the Iraq war is now a board member at Raytheon Technologies which gets billion dollar government defense contracts.

Raytheon Technologies military contract amount - Google Search

Missing the point...again. US involvement in military conflicts doesn’t happen without being ordered by the President so Trump is only implicating himself.

Missing the point...again. US involvement in military conflicts doesn’t happen without being ordered by the President so Trump is only implicating himself.

Well I can't argue that he isn't doing that however he did bring up a good point about some of the people involved in it all that we can't ignore.

Syria was started by Obama, Trump stayed because one of the advisors said the US can make money from the oil. Arm sales to Saudi Arabia to help with bombing in Yemen started with Obama

Trump is isolationist and wants to pull the US military back or at least make money on it ( ie getting more money from South Korea for the basing of the US military there)

Remember the Pentagon is now stocked with Obama toadies. Obama saw to it that any true American Generals and Admirals were gotten rid of.

Remember that Logical1 lies all the time, particularly specializing in incredibly stupid lies like the lie that Trump is somehow still not responsible for the staffing of his government after nearly four years.

Please stop posting lies.

"'Unprecedented...': Widespread shock as Trump blasts the Pentagon - from the White House"

putin_smiling.JPG

Remember that Logical1 lies all the time, particularly specializing in incredibly stupid lies like the lie that Trump is somehow still not responsible for the staffing of his government after nearly four years.

Please stop posting lies.

the volume of lies is pretty astounding.

do you ever wonder if they lie this much to family/friends?

Back
Top Bottom