• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unofficial ballot drop boxes popping up throughout the state worry elections officials

Aletheia

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Unofficial ballot drop boxes popping up throughout the state worry elections officials
source: Orange County Register

drop.jpg

comments
I've seen this on various news channels, where right leaning churches are putting out filing cabinets disguised as 'local' drop boxes.
Even when there are official boxes a few blocks away. I wonder what exactly are they trying to achieve? Shouldn't the right wing news sources (and Trump supporters) be all over this, as it pertains to election fraud?

excerpts
"The California Secretary of State has received reports in recent days about possible unauthorized ballot drop boxes in Fresno, Los Angeles and Orange counties, agency spokesman Sam Mahood said Sunday evening. Reports place such boxes at local political party offices, candidate headquarters and churches.
Reports came out Saturday night about a metal box in front of Freedom’s Way Baptist Church in Castaic that had a sign matching the one on the Orange County box. The church posted on social media that the box was “approved and brought by the GOP.” The post said church officials don’t have a key to the box and that GOP officials picks up the ballots. A pastor for the church didn’t respond to a request for comment.
On its website, the Fresno County Republican Party also shared a list of “secure” ballot collection locations. None are official county drop box sites, with the local GOP instead listing its own headquarters, multiple gun shops and other local businesses. "

Last edited:
Republicans made a big stink about some mail being found that had been dumped which included mail-in ballots that apparently incl 6 ballots for Trump (how that was confirmed, opening up an official ballot, I don't know). I've not heard the outcome of that. Now we have the possibility of the actual GOP misdirecting ballots to themselves. I wonder what the Dems will say about this. If anything.

View attachment 67299024

comments
I've seen this on various news channels, where right leaning churches are putting out filing cabinets disguised as 'local' drop boxes.
Even when there are official boxes a few blocks away. I wonder what exactly are they trying to achieve? Shouldn't the right wing news sources (and Trump supporters) be all over this, as it pertains to election fraud?

excerpts
"The California Secretary of State has received reports in recent days about possible unauthorized ballot drop boxes in Fresno, Los Angeles and Orange counties, agency spokesman Sam Mahood said Sunday evening. Reports place such boxes at local political party offices, candidate headquarters and churches.
Reports came out Saturday night about a metal box in front of Freedom’s Way Baptist Church in Castaic that had a sign matching the one on the Orange County box. The church posted on social media that the box was “approved and brought by the GOP.” The post said church officials don’t have a key to the box and that GOP officials picks up the ballots. A pastor for the church didn’t respond to a request for comment.
On its website, the Fresno County Republican Party also shared a list of “secure” ballot collection locations. None are official county drop box sites, with the local GOP instead listing its own headquarters, multiple gun shops and other local businesses. "
Ummm...

You DO KNOW that ballot harvesting is legal in California...right?

Ummm...

Ummm...

Did you read the link I provided?
Trump and FOX better get on this election fraud, ASAP.

"
The California Republican Party did not respond to requests for comment about the boxes by deadline. But they’ve been defending the practice in replies on Twitter, alleging the process was made legal under a 2016 law that allows California voters to designate a person to return their ballot for them. The GOP calls the practice “ballot harvesting” and blames it for losses to the Democrats in OC and other places in 2018.

But state officials clarified that using an unauthorized vote-by-mail drop box would not meet the requirements of the 2016 law. No designated “person” would be signing for the ballots as required by state law.
"

View attachment 67299024

comments

excerpts

Don't you just HATE this thread:

This...

People debate laws without ever actually reading the law itself. Blindly believing what is on TV, in the newspaper or online is foolish when you can read the actual law.

It was Democrat Governor Brown who created the ballot harvesting law in 2016. It has been challenged in court and upheld. This is the actual text of the law:

If you can find language outlawing collecting/harvesting ballots by using drop boxes, point to where the law says so. It doesn't or at least not that I can find.

Don't you just HATE this thread:

My post was last night (ok very early morning). I don't know why there's a second thread today.

I already gave a quote directly from election officials. I don't pretend to know more than them or their resources.
Read the law. Democratic election officials say "it may be illegal" is nothing. Quote the law Democrats in California passed and fought to defend in court successfully. Where does that law outlaw ballot harvesting by drop boxes?

Read the law. Democratic election officials say "it may be illegal" is nothing. Quote the law Democrats in California passed and fought to defend in court successfully. Where does that law outlaw ballot harvesting by drop boxes?

" “Operating unofficial ballot drop boxes – especially those misrepresented as official drop boxes – is not just misleading to voters, it’s a violation of state law,” Secretary of State Alex Padilla told The Register, which notes it could lead to “a felony conviction carrying a prison sentence of two to four years.” "

I don't see any ambiguity there, other than the level of penalty that will result from violating the law.

And since when did any uncertainty stop Trump and friends from immediately pouncing on any remote hint of election fraud?

View attachment 67299024

comments

excerpts

Anything dishonest trump complains about means the GOP is doing it.
Any church who engages in this type of political activity needs to lose it's tax exempt status immediately.

" “Operating unofficial ballot drop boxes – especially those misrepresented as official drop boxes – is not just misleading to voters, it’s a violation of state law,” Secretary of State Alex Padilla told The Register, which notes it could lead to “a felony conviction carrying a prison sentence of two to four years.” "

I don't see any ambiguity there, other than the level of penalty that will result from violating the law.

And since when did any uncertainty stop Trump and friends from immediately pouncing on any remote hint of election fraud?

Politicians can say anything. The law speaks for itself. Both sides constantly rant the other side is committing crimes. So what? The words of the law speak for themselves.

The only thing that MIGHT be illegal is the one that has a government seal stating it is the election division, which is false. However, if so, the crime is falsely claiming to be with a government agency, not voting illegality.

Wait, what??? I thought Trumpers cared about voter fraud!
So, they are committing actual outright voter fraud in order to prove that voter fraud exists?

View attachment 67299024

comments

excerpts

Wait, isn't this the system the democrats created for ballot harvesting?

Republicans in California are rightly concerned that their ballots will be discarded. (though we voted in the primary of this year, my wife and I were both "de-registered" as California suppresses conservative voters) These collection boxes ensure that the votes make it to the registrar without being tampered with by democrat operatives.

Ummm...

Did you read the link I provided?
Trump and FOX better get on this election fraud, ASAP.

"
The California Republican Party did not respond to requests for comment about the boxes by deadline. But they’ve been defending the practice in replies on Twitter, alleging the process was made legal under a 2016 law that allows California voters to designate a person to return their ballot for them. The GOP calls the practice “ballot harvesting” and blames it for losses to the Democrats in OC and other places in 2018.

But state officials clarified that using an unauthorized vote-by-mail drop box would not meet the requirements of the 2016 law. No designated “person” would be signing for the ballots as required by state law.
"

How is it fraud, if it's legal and widely practiced by the Communists?

You're just mad that we are playing by your rules.

GOP: Accuse dems of cheating.

GOP: Do the things that they accused the dems of.

GOP: Claim that they're just playing by the dems' rules.

One example of why ballot chain of custody so important.

GOP: Accuse dems of cheating.

GOP: Do the things that they accused the dems of.

GOP: Claim that they're just playing by the dems' rules.

How did the Americans cheat?

Doing as the Communists do?

democrats be like "You lay there while I kick you, don't you DARE fight back."

eff that.

How did the Americans cheat?

Doing as the Communists do?

democrats be like "You lay there while I kick you, don't you DARE fight back."

eff that.

So it's preemptive cheating, then?

This isn't at all sketchy as hell.

Ummm...

You DO KNOW that the GOP was dropping of unofficial ballot boxes marked "official"...right?

Go to the polls and vote on election day photo ID in hand or stop complaining.

Back
Top Bottom