• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unlike confirmation

ASHES

An Uncertain Person
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
So I was scrolling through a thread yesterday, and I accidentally clicked "like" on a post I had already liked. Normally, this would just unlike the post, but this time it popped up a little window asking me to confirm that I wanted to unlike the post. I picked no, because it was accidental. I thought this was a great feature, and did a little testing, but couldn't reproduce it. Ever since then, any post I had already liked did not give a confirmation window for the unlike action. I thought maybe it was tied to how long ago the like was clicked, but no. Today I did a little testing, and a post from yesterday and a post from 1 minute before the like both didn't give the unlike confirmation popup. Can we get more info on this feature and when it is active, or is it specific to only certain areas of the forum, or has it not been fully implemented?

Since we're on the topic, can we add an Dislike button? 😜

So I was scrolling through a thread yesterday, and I accidentally clicked "like" on a post I had already liked. Normally, this would just unlike the post, but this time it popped up a little window asking me to confirm that I wanted to unlike the post. I picked no, because it was accidental. I thought this was a great feature, and did a little testing, but couldn't reproduce it. Ever since then, any post I had already liked did not give a confirmation window for the unlike action. I thought maybe it was tied to how long ago the like was clicked, but no. Today I did a little testing, and a post from yesterday and a post from 1 minute before the like both didn't give the unlike confirmation popup. Can we get more info on this feature and when it is active, or is it specific to only certain areas of the forum, or has it not been fully implemented?
Since you only saw it once and haven't been able to repeat it, could it be that you are mistaken about seeing it in the first place?

Since you only saw it once and haven't been able to repeat it, could it be that you are mistaken about seeing it in the first place?
@ASHES Did you consume anything unusual? 😜

I promise I saw it. I'm continuing to test it to try to recreate it. Next time I'll remember to take a screenshot. I just figured it was a new feature that would be there the next time I clicked like on a liked post.

@ASHES Did you consume anything unusual? 😜
Nothing unusual that could cause hallucinations, unfortunately.

I promise I saw it. I'm continuing to test it to try to recreate it. Next time I'll remember to take a screenshot. I just figured it was a new feature that would be there the next time I clicked like on a liked post.

You probably opened some secret backdoor that @RedAkston had to quickly close off. :cool:

I'm continuing to try replicating this, until I can get a screenshot and/or figure out how to reproduce it. So if anyone notices unusual like activity coming from me, this is why.

Very old (10 years but...):

This happens when users click the Like control before the page has finished loading and the JavaScript has fully initialised.

I tried to replicate it but my browser appears to load too fast?

I got one once too. I just went through the motions and finished whatever it wanted me to do.

I wish I would get those notices. Apparently, I just recently did an accidental 'unlike', and know I've done it in the past!

I wish I would get those notices. Apparently, I just recently did an accidental 'unlike', and know I've done it in the past!

it happens to me when I take a break then when I come back I have to figure out where I left off liking

Back
Top Bottom