• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unless the Russian people find a way to get rid of Putin, I fear nuclear war is unevitable

Shrink726

The tolerant left? I'm the intolerant left.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
He has already arrested over 1700 of his own people for protesting this savage and blatently illegal invasion. He has Novalny in jail (and almost succeeded in killing him) and he's threatening his own oligarchs for any talk that they'll cooperate with sanctions. He has a grotesquely out of date/out of step view of an imperial Russia which has clearly become an obsession of his. And his recent actions and testosterone-fueled need to never back down and be seen as strong make it abundantly clear that he will stop at nothing to achieve his ends.
Couple this with the all-too-clear reality that Russian forces would get annihilated in any all-out conventional war with the USA (to say nothing of the aligned forces of the USA and NATO) he will be forced to threaten the West with nuclear weapons.

Economic sanctions are a joke to this guy. He couldn't care less, that's clear.

And because we simply cannot back down lest we be viewed as Neville Chamberlain style appeasers, there is only one end that I can see.

In so many ways this is far more dangerous to the very future of humanity than WW2 or the Cuban Missile Crisis.

If there's one slight sliver of light it's that this is a one man show and there's reason to believe that Putin does not have broad support in his own country and most certainly, the rest of the world. So, if somehow Putin found himself dead one morning, I strongly suspect that sanity would reign again.
Absent a world without Putin, we're in very deep shit.

Nuclear war is unnecessary. Ukraine's army is not strong enough to keep Russia out of its own airport.

Nuclear war is unnecessary. Ukraine's army is not strong enough to keep Russia out of its own airport.
If you think Putin is going to stop at Ukraine you are sadly mistaken. Funny Chamberlain has been mentioned in this thread and several times in this forum lately and you are exactly making the Chamberlain argument. If the Brits were ruthless they would have hung his dumbass for Treason.

Hysterical nonsense .

Ukraine has no nuclear strength and the US is far too scared to intervene .

It just keeps pumping in money under the table, as it has been doing since it overthrew the government in 2014 , and has funneled funds and weapons to place both Republics under

constant siege .

Far worse than Gaza when the facts emerge. EU NATO forces are impotent and can do nothing as Ukraine is not a member of the big girl's club .

If you think Putin is going to stop at Ukraine you are sadly mistaken. Funny Chamberlain has been mentioned in this thread and several times in this forum lately and you are exactly making the Chamberlain argument. If the Brits were ruthless they would have hung his dumbass for Treason.

If you think this thread has anything to do with any other former Soviet province, you are mistaken.

Also, you need to think carefully about the whole post. I can tell you did not even read every word.

Hysterical nonsense .

Ukraine has no nuclear strength and the US is far too scared to intervene .

It just keeps pumping in money under the table, as it has been doing since it overthrew the government in 2014 , and has funneled funds and weapons to place both Republics under

constant siege .

Far worse than Gaza when the facts emerge. EU NATO forces are impotent and can do nothing as Ukraine is not a member of the big girl's club .
Where are you getting this crap from...a direct line to St Petersburg Russia?

I repeat anybody that thinks madman deranged Putin is going to stop at Ukraine, please send me some of what you are smoking. He is not. Anybody that can reconstruct the whack job versions of history that Putin has in order to justify his nonsense is not stopping at Ukraine and if he does stop....it will only be temporary.

There are two possible responses to Putin until he attacks a NATO country:
- we can allow him to have his little victory dance in Ukraine for now. Let him lop off the head of the Ukraine government which is clearly what he wants to do installing Putin puppets instead. Then feed the insurgency that will surely outlive this ejaculation of Russian conventional military power bleeding Putin dry and likely causing his own people to rip him to shreds or turn him over to the world for war crimes trials
- We can try to save Zelinsky and the Ukraine government via coalition air cap over Kyiv. Challenge Putin to try to breach it or take it down and sanction the piss out of him thus sending him back to Russia not have accomplished what he wants to accomplish.

Clearly Donbas and Ukraine denazification and NATO had absolutely nothing to do with Putin's intentions. They were just a series of lies and justifications for getting to Kyiv and loping off the heads of the Ukraine government because Vlad can't stand a peaceful country making its own decisions for itself. Go ahead....deny it.....you can't

If you think this thread has anything to do with any other former Soviet province, you are mistaken.

Also, you need to think carefully about the whole post. I can tell you did not even read every word.
Sorry when one sentence does not follow another sentence logically, don't expect me to spend time trying to read your mind. . Your second sentence does not follow your first sentence AT ALL. Your post follows below:

Your post appeared to be yet another effort at appeasement. Since Putin is the only leader on the planet threatening nuclear war over Ukraine I have no real idea where you think you are going with the nuclear war comment in the first place. The second sentence does not follow the first in any rational manner leaving the audience (me) grasping for some handhold on reality.

Hysterical mumbo jumbo .

Frightened people tend to exaggerate and overdramatise .

Some even have to get medical assistance .

If Putin does want to rebuild the Soviet Bloc or even just countries on his immediate border, he is going to have to invade NATO. I know the dude is a crazy sociopath, but I hope he is not that crazy.

If Putin does want to rebuild the Soviet Bloc or even just countries on his immediate border, he is going to have to invade NATO. I know the dude is a crazy sociopath, but I hope he is not that crazy.

His approach so far seems to have been to try to weaken NATO, to play on internal divisions where some NATO members didn't want some of the Eastern members, wanting to build pressure to expel them.

So you don't think the "crazy sociopath" won't find a way to continue to peck and poke at NATO and erode it to the point where he finds his way to trying to cross the borders of ex Soviet states that are now NATO member countries? Have you not heard a single thing the man has said!

Hysterical mumbo jumbo .

Frightened people tend to exaggerate and overdramatise .

Some even have to get medical assistance .
The hysterical mumbo jumbo is Putin's address to his Nation and the world when he explained his "rational" for invading. THAT was hysterical mumbo jumbo and all of the Russia-con parroting of it even more mumbo jumbo. Sorry, if you buy Putin craps I cannot even credit you with just drinking the kool-ade. To parrot Putin crap at this point simply brands you as just another Russia-con.

Back
Top Bottom