• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

University of Missouri has to pay for it's lack of concern for others .

Socrates1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Well it’s about time liberal PC crap backfires and they are held accountable. A 32 million dollar shortfall for the university's criminal response to BLM grotesque racist behavior doesn’t seem enough . Why would any parent allow their child to attend an out of control racist university? BLM is a racist hate group that bullies whites . Now the university has offended the students that actually pay and want to learn .

Mizzou’s paying the price for lame response to racial protests | New York Post

Mizzou isn't an "out of control racist university."

Well it’s about time liberal PC crap backfires and they are held accountable. A 32 million dollar shortfall for the university's criminal response to BLM grotesque racist behavior doesn’t seem enough . Why would any parent allow their child to attend an out of control racist university? BLM is a racist hate group that bullies whites . Now the university has offended the students that actually pay and want to learn .

I missed the part in the email...and the story where it laid a connection between protests and drop in enrollment.

Surely this is not just anecdotal jibber-jaber.

Surely a highly respected periodical as the New York Post would have enough journalistic integrity not to use conjecture to determine an outcome.

Whenever, therefore, people are deceived and form opinions wide of the truth, it is clear that the error has slid into their minds through the medium of certain resemblances to that truth.

Socrates...the one and only

Last edited:

Another "correlation does not equal causation" thread. While it looks like the assertion made in the OP could be correct, why isn't there any journalistic investigation into the reasons behind the drop in enrollment?? Interviews with students who attended last year and chose not to attend this year. Polls of people regarding how safe they would feel with their child attending Mizzou? Basic journalism....

I missed the part in the email...and the story where it laid a connection between protests and drop in enrollment.

Surely a highly respected periodical as the New York Post would have enough journalistic integrity not to use conjecture to determine an outcome.

Another "correlation does not equal causation" thread. While it looks like the assertion made in the OP could be correct, why isn't there any journalistic investigation into the reasons behind the drop in enrollment?? Interviews with students who attended last year and chose not to attend this year. Polls of people regarding how safe they would feel with their child attending Mizzou? Basic journalism....

Yeah, shame on them. (Not the OP) They reported it but didn't link to the story were they are quoted.

"By January, it was clear applications to Mizzou had dipped — and officials themselves cited the November turmoil on campus."

Some people miss things. Some people ignore things. Some people just don't have time to do some homework before they respond.

Race protests at Mizzou could stunt freshmen enrollment
Fewer freshmen are applying to the University of Missouri for fall enrollment than a year earlier, and race protests that put the Columbia campus under a national spotlight contributed to the drop, according to an internal email from MU’s director of enrollment.
University staff who talk to potential students and their parents when they visit the campus have reported fielding specific questions about fall protests and reports of systemic racism on the campus.

There is something weird about white women. When there is a racist and bigoted demonstration like the one on that video, it's Negroes and white chicks. White guys are rare.

What's up with that?

Also, whenever I see a black guy with a white girl, more often than not, she is fat and ugly. I have yet to see a white guy with a fat and ugly black woman.

Strange.

I wonder if the piece got the drop in enrollment wrong,
it said a drop of nearly 1500 students, (not that that is not bad enough) but another
article said the drop was 25% of the incoming freshman, and freshman are usually the largest class.
Many universities use the Freshman classes as their bread an butter, large survey classes
taught by adjunct professors at minimal pay.
The classes are also a fallback for the professors whose classes do not make.
The drop in students is magnified, by the drop in state funding.

Some people miss things. Some people ignore things. Some people just don't have time to do some homework before they respond.

Race protests at Mizzou could stunt freshmen enrollment

Your link was not part of the OP...but alas you missed this from your own source material:
An internal memo from director of admissions Chuck May said the controversy along with several other factors contributed to the decrease in applications, but officials also said it’s too early to accurately forecast what the final enrollment will be.

While we don’t have any clear data, we know that the events this past fall have had an impact, and we are answering any questions that parents and students have about those events,”

Read more here: Race protests at Mizzou could stunt freshmen enrollment | The Kansas City Star

"No clear data...but we know". That means "I can't prove it, but I feel it in my bones"

I too feel it in my bones I'm 100% correct. My bones are more accurate than your bones.

Your link was not part of the OP...but alas you missed this from your own source material:

"No clear data...but we know". That means "I can't prove it, but I feel it in my bones"

I too feel it in my bones I'm 100% correct. My bones are more accurate than your bones.

I included a link to quotes I included in my own response. (as required) I am pretty sure we are not limited to the OP.

The "but we know" is not a hunch or a feeling in one's bones. It is based on staff fielding questions from potential students and their parents. Therefore, it is more likely that the statements "No clear data...but we know" is a reference to a situation where they "know" because the potentials said so, while the no clear data refers to the fact that nobody kept count.

For example:
"Have you ever had the hiccups"
"yes, I have"

"When, and how many times"
"I don't know. It is not something I keep records of."

"Well then. You only feel in your bones that you may have had hiccups."
"Seriously....?

Didn't think most liberals would understand their racism . :roll:

Well the students who have to pay for their education are there to learn and not be harassed in the library , at the dorm , in their study hall , and traveling to and from the campus have made the choice to move on , thank you .

Not sure what you mean here. Anyone who thinks realizes that Mizzou isn't an "out of control racist university"?

Not sure what you mean here. Anyone who thinks realizes that Mizzou isn't an "out of control racist university"?

Start thinking . Find a "safe Zone " :lamo

Back
Top Bottom