• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

University of Illinois Denies William Ayers Emeritus Status

and we should care about this guy because .... ?

(hopefully the answer will not involve conspiracy theories)

I guess it is kind of a rare thing to get denied. Although I like the reasoning Chairman Kennedy gave about who he dedicated his book to.

Because he's teaching college kids......?

What conspiracy theories?

He's Obama's father (or half-brother, depending on how the ages work).

One of my professors is a colleague of his and they both had the same instructors at Columbia. She really likes the man. We were supposed to the opportunity to possibly have a skype conversation with Mr. Ayers regarding a couple of his works, but something tells me he may want to keep some distance now.

the whole he trained obama to be evil thing.

Ayers wasn't the first communist Obama hung out with. His "training" started with Frank Marshall Davis in my opinion.

He seems like a super nice guy. I don't know why anyone would care either.

One of the speakers will be Larry Grathwohl, a former FBI informant in the Weather Underground who has talked in detail about how Ayers and his wife Bernardine Dohrn specialized in making bombs deliberately designed to kill people with deadly shrapnel. Ayers told Grathwohl that Dohrn planted the bomb that killed McDonnell. And yet Ayers claims they never hurt anybody and didn’t intend to. This is the claim that gets prominent media attention, while Grathwohl’s testimony to the contrary, delivered under oath before grand juries and before a congressional committee, gets mostly ignored or dismissed.
Sep 27, 2010 ... Ayers' fingerprints were found in a Weather Underground bomb factory ... the side of the communist enemy that was killing Americans. ...
Will the Truth Catch Up to Bill Ayers and his Comrades?

I wouldn't doubt that the man is likely personally nice. It's his political and educational perspectives that I have many issues with.

I wouldn't doubt that the man is likely personally nice. It's his political and educational perspectives that I have many issues with.

I mostly object to the terrorism.

I mostly object to the terrorism.

Me too. But on the subject of education, I find the guy just a tad too anti-authority, anti-administrative, and full on pie in the sky thinking for my taste. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom