• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

University of Alabama reports over 1,000 students tested positive for coronavirus

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
University of Alabama reports over 1,000 students tested positive for coronavirus | TheHill

Over 1,000 students have tested positive for COVID-19 at the University of Alabama (UA) since classes began at the school earlier this month.

According to a university dashboard, 1,043 students tested positive for the virus between Aug. 19 and Aug. 27. Since the beginning of the year, a total of 1,201 students have tested positive. The school represents one of the largest coronavirus clusters reported at any college or university in the country since the start of the fall semester.

The dashboard shows that nine faculty members have tested positive for the virus since Aug. 19, the day classes officially began.

The University of Alabama System confirmed 10 cases among students at both its Huntsville location and its Birmingham location since Aug. 19.

The university system said in a Friday statement that no students who have tested positive for the virus have been hospitalized.
=============================================================================
I think education at all levels is going to be seriously impacted by this virus until a satisfactory & widely accept countermeasure is deveolped. Students will be required to be vaccinated before being admitted to school.

And the **** show continues...

University of Alabama reports over 1,000 students tested positive for coronavirus | TheHill

Over 1,000 students have tested positive for COVID-19 at the University of Alabama (UA) since classes began at the school earlier this month.

According to a university dashboard, 1,043 students tested positive for the virus between Aug. 19 and Aug. 27. Since the beginning of the year, a total of 1,201 students have tested positive. The school represents one of the largest coronavirus clusters reported at any college or university in the country since the start of the fall semester.

The dashboard shows that nine faculty members have tested positive for the virus since Aug. 19, the day classes officially began.

The University of Alabama System confirmed 10 cases among students at both its Huntsville location and its Birmingham location since Aug. 19.

The university system said in a Friday statement that no students who have tested positive for the virus have been hospitalized.
I think education at all levels is going to be seriously impacted by this virus until a satisfactory & widely accept countermeasure is deveolped. Students will be required to be vaccinated before being admitted to school.

Do you consider this a bad thing?

What is equally concerning is that the faculty have been instructed not to talk about it to with the students.

College age kids are not going to be that dependable in complying with local, state or federal mandates. That is a simple fact. College age kids in Alabama are among the least likely to heed any cautions or warnings about COVID-19.

I'm not throwing rocks. I was once a college age kid and my definition of planning for the future was planning for the weekend. Friday night until Sunday noon was my free time. Study began again on Sunday afternoon, Sunday after hangover. I don't think kids today are any different.

nah. getting COVID is a GOOD thing. less people will die.

you guys literally suck at math.

Oh? How many of those students have died?

And yes, the more students who get COVID, the more students who build immunity.

Oh? How many of those students have died?

And yes, the more students who get COVID, the more students who build immunity.

^ okay, everybody read that and tell me these people 1) don't suck at math and 2) have a heart.

^ okay, everybody read that and tell me these people 1) don't suck at math and 2) have a heart.

I don't suck at math and I have a heart...but it's all built on a foundation of reality...not hyperbole.

I don't suck at math and I have a heart...but it's all built on a foundation of reality...not hyperbole.

no, you guys suck at math and have no heart. you (and the pro life faction) have proven that you could care less about life during a pandemic.

and i do appreciate it. i've been describing you guys accurately since high school in 1978 and Trump made all you guys out yourselves for free.

College age kids are not going to be that dependable in complying with local, state or federal mandates. That is a simple fact. College age kids in Alabama are among the least likely to heed any cautions or warnings about COVID-19.

I'm not throwing rocks. I was once a college age kid and my definition of planning for the future was planning for the weekend. Friday night until Sunday noon was my free time. Study began again on Sunday afternoon, Sunday after hangover. I don't think kids today are any different.

The evidence that your analysis is correct is that the covid 19 clusters look like they are the fraternities and sororities

no, you guys suck at math and have no heart. you (and the pro life faction) have proven that you could care less about life during a pandemic.

and i do appreciate it. i've been describing you guys accurately since high school in 1978 and Trump made all you guys out yourselves for free.

LOL!!

I'm not part of the pro life faction.

Remember...I don't follow herds.

Letting students come to class is something I am not comfortable with, esp knowing that too many college age students don't take the pandemic as serious as they should.

less and less Republicans appear to be during this Pandemic.

I'm not a Republican, either.

Seriously...are you going to say something relevant to me? Or are you just going to spout one-liners?

Todd Lowdon
@tlowdon

Stunning new research finds C19 PCR tests are much too sensitive to be useful in assessing spread. "In 3 sets of testing data...compiled by officials in MA, NY & NV, up to 90% of people testing positive carried barely any virus." The implications are huge.
Tests authorized by the F.D.A. provide only a yes-no answer to infection, and will identify as positive patients with low amounts of virus in their bodies.

Your Coronavirus Test Is Positive. Maybe It Shouldn’t Be.
The usual diagnostic tests may simply be too sensitive and too slow to contain the spread of the virus.
nytimes.com

10:51 AM · Aug 29, 2020·Twitter Web App

The CDC noted earlier that symptomatic cases are infectious for only a few days, but PCR tests can detect inactive RNA for up to 12 wks. It's now understood that the highly sensitive tests are also returning positives for very small amounts of active virus.

Note that the likelihood of detecting live virus declines after symptom onset. For patients with mild to moderate COVID-19, infectious virus has not been found beyond 10 days post symptom onset. Yet, tests can detect inactive RNA in recovered patient specimens for up to 12 weeks.

https://twitter.com/tlowdon/status/1299736519184232449

And the **** show continues...

Deaths in Arkansas

It has begun for our school district. I hope Governor Asa Hutchinson and President Trump are happy. A Russellville Arkansas SPED school bus driver has just died from Covid. His wife is in ICU. All the student riders are in quarantine.
#RussellvilleSchoolDistrict

Richard Daily

Close the schools.

Back
Top Bottom