• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

University of Alabama opens up, reports more than 500 covid cases

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The University of Alabama on Monday released the first numbers of on-campus COVID-19 test results that raised alarm bells internally.

A total of 531 confirmed cases between students, faculty and staff were reported on the Tuscaloosa campus since classes resumed Aug. 19, UA announced Monday evening. The dashboard did not include how many were tested Aug. 19 through Aug. 23 or the rate of positive tests.

University of Alabama reports more than 500 confirmed COVID-19 cases - al.com

Surprise surprise. And bars have to start closing again.

Advice to college students: Take a gap year immediately.

How many died or were debilitated permanently?

We aren't going back to normal anytime soon. I think school can re-start but things will drastically have to change.

How many died or were debilitated permanently?

Out of 500 with a lethality rate of 0.7% means about 3 people died. But since they're young, probably one 1 will die.

And that doesn't count parents and grandparents who'll get infected and die.

Out of 500 with a lethality rate of 0.7% means about 3 people died. But since they're young, probably one 1 will die.

And that doesn't count parents and grandparents who'll get infected and die

Funny how my parents who are in their mid to upper 70's say " Let it go"(The virus)!

We aren't going back to normal anytime soon. I think school can re-start but things will drastically have to change.

No, we caused this, We self destructed our own selves

Yes, more than 500 of whom a percentage may die. Your concern for the well-being of your fellow Americans is noted.

Well, being of college age what % do ya think it will be?

Go back to e-learning.

You have already been told in a previous post, but I guess you think any number of deaths are acceptable. I love how you lot want to ignore 175,000 deaths, and counting.

Yes, that's what the teachers union wants

It's what I want, as I don't want morons putting my family at risk. My wife and kid are back on the front line because the governor wants to kiss Tweety's ass.

The question is....of that 500 how many will that group of people spread it to that will die?

Go back to e-learning.

With a solid plan.

Geezus, I started a thread about 9,000 kids in FL testing positive. Is it that freaking hard for a global superpower like America to act like it and do something about our children and the tough situation parents are in?? Not that I have all the answers but I can surely see there is so much we are not doing at this time.

UNC already shut down. all classes now online.

that's in the state of North Carolina for people who don't know.

You have already been told in a previous post, but I guess you think any number of deaths are acceptable. I love how you lot want to ignore 175,000 deaths, and counting.

Its you who want to make that LOW number as high as possible

Actually, it's pretty good

In fact so good, you didn't want to answer it

Well since your premise was infantile it didn't deserve an adult response. Are you seriously suggesting that anyone actually wants more deaths? That, old chum, is the response of a child with no argument.

Well since your premise was infantile it didn't deserve an adult response. Are you seriously suggesting that anyone actually wants more deaths? That, old chum, is the response of a child with no argument.

Here it is again Snake

Back
Top Bottom