• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Universities sound alarm as coronavirus cases emerge just days into classes — 530 at one campus

Yes, the teacher's union is for this

I smell a rat

Indeed, they have absolutely no right to be concerned about whether or not they will catch COVID-19 and possibly die when they should be running that risk so that other people are not inconvenienced.

Snake, there's a NORMAL 2 1/2 million Normal deaths in the U.S. every single year

I see, so your position is that since the number of COVID-19 deaths is approximately only around 14.8% of the number of "normal deaths" the obvious and logical thing to do is to totally ignore it - <SARC>[makes sense to me</SARC>[.

Those deaths are still happening. In fact, there are ~ 235,000 more deaths than is normal, implying that we are under-counting Covid19 deaths.

Make that "deaths related to COVID-19" and you probably have a deal.

Some of the 50,000 can be attributed to people dying BECAUSE they failed to get appropriate treatment in time for conditions OTHER THAN COVID-19 and it also appears that some of the 50,000 can be attributed to an increase in suicides and inter-personal violence due to the stresses FROM COVID-19. Not only that, but some of the 50,000 can be attributed to DELIBERATE under-reporting.

I have debated genius on the internet. The internet is just a form of communication is all,. Please don't water it down

So she knows that we're at best 17th in the wolrd in public education?

The 2018 PISA assessment, the latest one available, makes interesting reading.

No helix(scapegoat)

Explain Blue Calf's failing education system?

I also was referring to our country as a whole as far as Education failure

When I was growing up, the percentage of parents in the US who did NOT expect that their children would get an education because getting an education was a "Good Thing" was statistically insignificant.

The same cannot be said of parents in the US today.

If you don't follow the latest version of the currently operative, officially sanctioned, "Team Trump" approved, White House issued, truth-of-the-day, directives from Mr. Trump, then you aren't a patriotic, right-thinking, patriotic, hard working, patriotic, honest, patriotic, real, patriotic, true, patriotic, conservative, patriotic, Christian, patriotic, White, patriotic, American, patriotic, patriot.

Dayam, my star is rising.

Make that "deaths related to COVID-19" and you probably have a deal.

Some of the 50,000 can be attributed to people dying BECAUSE they failed to get appropriate treatment in time for conditions OTHER THAN COVID-19 and it also appears that some of the 50,000 can be attributed to an increase in suicides and inter-personal violence due to the stresses FROM COVID-19. Not only that, but some of the 50,000 can be attributed to DELIBERATE under-reporting.

You make an excellent point.

Teacher, admin, janitor?
strike the first one. You forgot cafeteria worker. (I've never known an educator - or former one - to fail to mention they teach/taught. They're generally very proud of doing that.)

Last edited:
The 2018 PISA assessment, the latest one available, makes interesting reading.
I was laughing at a certain someone's ability to "evaluate genius", on the internet or anywhere. To a gopher, everyone is "tall"; to a child, everyone is "old", etc.

strike the first one. You forgot cafeteria worker. (I've never known an educator - or former one - to fail to mention they teach/taught. They're generally very proud of doing that.)

Yes, I did forget cafeteria worker. No shame in that, though. My mother in law worked a school cafeteria for 40 years.

Yes, I did forget cafeteria worker. No shame in that, though. My mother in law worked a school cafeteria for 40 years.
A good friend of mine was a cafeteria worker for 20 years, and my grandmother was a school district nutritionist. I have great respect for both of them. I just found the euphemisms telling. It's indicative of someone who tends to shade the truth.

Universities sound alarm as coronavirus cases emerge just days into classes — 530 at one campus

imrs.php

It would appear that many college students lack the self-discipline and requisite maturity to attend a university in the midst of a pandemic. Very selfish individuals.

Too much blame has been assigned to students. Colleges have set themselves up for this mess with a funding model that requires as many bodies on campus as possible.

I was laughing at a certain someone's ability to "evaluate genius", on the internet or anywhere. To a gopher, everyone is "tall"; to a child, everyone is "old", etc.

While they probably don't meet the minimum criteria for accuracy demanded by "Claque Trump" (that would be that 100% of all students were evaluated in circumstances that were 100% identical using testing methods which were 100% accurate) a review of the PISA scores over times points out a rather distressing pattern.

That pattern is that the US is ranking lower and lower as time goes on.

Fortunately the ranking of the masses is compensated (to a great extent) by the fact that those at the top end of the intellectual-socioeconomic scale continue to enjoy an advantage and are thus able to continue pulling the country up after them. To see where that leads, all you have to do is read CM Kornbluth's short story on exactly that.

Back
Top Bottom