• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

universities OF THE USA AR THEY AS GOOD AS OXFORD OR CAMBRIDE

mikeey

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
i WONDER MY GOOD FRIENDS FROM THE USA,WHAT DO U THINK OF THAT?

i DONT NO,LETS HERE WHAT U SAY.MIND U PRESIDENT CLINTON GONE TO I THINK TO OXFORD.

ALLTHE BEST TO MY WONDERFULL AMERICAN PEOPLE WHO I LOVE

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY SOUL.

WE THE SCOTS WILL ALAWAYS STAND BY YOU GREAT LADS AND LASSES.

MY KINDEST REGARDS TO YOU ALL

LOVE

MIKEEY

Sorry i forgot cambride.

Mikeey

Community Colleges are a much better option than wasting your life and money on top notch universities.

22331.jpg

Oxford, like many "blue blood" schools, is nothing more than overpriced elitest-filled sewer.

Harvard is the same way, as are Brown, Duke, Yale, Stanford, and Purdue. These schools are good for nothing other than preparing elitest assbags to be elitest assbags.

Oxford, like many "blue blood" schools, is nothing more than overpriced elitest-filled sewer.

Harvard is the same way, as are Brown, Duke, Yale, Stanford, and Purdue. These schools are good for nothing other than preparing elitest assbags to be elitest assbags.

I think prestige is more of a bark, and less of a bite nowadays. And quite frankly, I feel that if you can get the same education from one place for a fraction of the cost of going to a Yale, Harvard, etc, then why should it matter where you got that education from? Shouldn't having / being able to use that knowledge matter more than something as superficial [IMO] as ivy league, the prestigious name?

Last edited:
These schools are good for nothing other than preparing elitest assbags to be elitest assbags.

They come in as elitest assbags and leave as elitest assbags? What is the issue you have with the universities again?

Entirely random, but this thread doesn't look like it's going far anyways, so...

Did anyone else ever note that Cookie Monster is Russian?

"Do you want to play game now? Okay, here, I help."

"I look too."

"You absolutely right. You so smart."

wtf soviet propaganda all up in my childhood

I think prestige is more of a bark, and less of a bite nowadays. And quite frankly, I feel that if you can get the same education from one place for a fraction of the cost of going to a Yale, Harvard, etc, then why should it matter where you got that education from? Shouldn't having / being able to use that knowledge matter more than something as superficial [IMO] as ivy league, the prestigious name?

Because you have a lot more contacts and opportunities if you go to a presitigous school (i.e. many Presidents have gone to an Ivy league school).

They come in as elitest assbags and leave as elitest assbags? What is the issue you have with the universities again?

Elitests are people who come from wealth and who assume their wealth makes them better than and I. Those schools are elitest, rich-kid-infested, overpriced sewers dedicated to preserving a class-based society. Those schools are part of the reason why this country is so slow in evolving into a more enlightend society.

Elitests, class-seperatists, and those types of people are a cancer. As long as they exist there will be great contention in this world.

Some may be as good as Oxbridge, most are not. And Vader, some people ARE better than you (in some or all ways), do not concern yourself with those who falsely believe that they are, those who justifiably are don't waste they're time trying to prove it to you; They've got things to do.

Prestige is earned, and elite is not a bad thing. Who doesn't want to be elite?

Last edited:
Because you have a lot more contacts and opportunities if you go to a presitigous school.

Really? Seems like there are many variables that can influence that regardless of where you go.

Elitests are people who come from wealth and who assume their wealth makes them better than and I. Those schools are elitest, rich-kid-infested, overpriced sewers dedicated to preserving a class-based society. Those schools are part of the reason why this country is so slow in evolving into a more enlightend society.

Elitests, class-seperatists, and those types of people are a cancer. As long as they exist there will be great contention in this world.

I had no idea you were a Marxist, Vader.

I'll keep note of that.

Community Colleges are a much better option than wasting your life and money on top notch universities.

Depends what you want to do with it.

The contacts from an Ivy League school help if you want to go to Wall Street or politics. If you want a good education but with a few exceptions probably never be able to use it, any old four-year degree will do. If you want enough education to make a living without paying through the nose, community colleges are a good choice. And you can always go on for a four-year degree later if you think it's necessary.

I had no idea you were a Marxist, Vader.

I'll keep note of that.

I'm not Marxist. I just dislike Ivy League assholes and their deploreable rich-kid attitude. They are no better than anybody elese.

I'm not Marxist. I just dislike Ivy League assholes and their deploreable rich-kid attitude. They are no better than anybody elese.

You're the only one who says they're better when you use the word "elitist". An Ivy League education does not guarantee a successful career. You're making general statements.

How many people do you actually know in your day-to-day life that went to one of those schools?

How many people do you actually know in your day-to-day life that went to one of those schools?

I know a man who went to Yale. He seems normal enough. Even though ... I still do not like Ivy League schools. Those schools pander to a certain type of people and they accept everybody else for the sake of diversity.

Really? Seems like there are many variables that can influence that regardless of where you go.

There are many variables, but where you go is definitely influential. You get different opportunities (jobs/internships, that sort of thing) depending on where you go and you also get a different network of people depending on where you go. For example, if you go to Harvard, you will have a lot better set of contacts than if you go to the University of Georgia. Another example is how going great schools helps you in politics. Lets take a lot at where the Presidents in the last 58 years have gone to college: Barack Obama (Columbia/Harvard), George W. Bush (Harvard/Yale), Bill Clinton (Georgetown/Oxford), George H.W. Bush (Yale), Ronald Reagan (Eureka), Jimmy Carter (Naval Academy), Gerald Ford (Michigan), Richard Nixon (Duke), Lyndon B. Johnson (Southwest Texas State), John F. Kennedy (Harvard), and Dwight D. Eisenhower (West Point). Now apart from an unelected President, Ronald Reagan is the only President in the last 58 years to not attend a very presitgious college.

Sorry i forgot cambride.

Mikeey

It is to be hoped that whatever scholastic establishment Mikeey attends or intends to attend has the ability to teach him (I am assuming Mikeey is a male) both how to write and perhaps more importantly, how to spell.
Scotland and the language spoken by the Scottish people is believed to be of a far higher quality English than the Language spoken by the English in England.

Because you have a lot more contacts and opportunities if you go to a presitigous school (i.e. many Presidents have gone to an Ivy league school).

Many Presidents? perhaps.

Although with regards to the present occupant of that Office, it is almost impossible to discover where or at which University he received his education?

Many Presidents? perhaps.

Although with regards to the present occupant of that Office, it is almost impossible to discover where or at which University he received his education?

No it isn't.

I know a man who went to Yale. He seems normal enough. Even though ... I still do not like Ivy League schools. Those schools pander to a certain type of people and they accept everybody else for the sake of diversity.

You know one guy who went to an Ivy league school and he's normal, and that's proof that almost everyone who goes to an ivy league school is an awful person?

I'm just trying to get an idea of what you're basing this on. I know a fairly large number of Ivy leaguers and have yet to notice anything that distinguishes them from anyone else. IME, kids who went to schools like NYU or FIT were much worse than kids at Yale or Dartmouth.

Back
Top Bottom