• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unity, Division or Both?

code1211

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The Big 10 Basketball Tournament was held in Indianapolis again this year and I was fortunate enough to be able to attend one session.

I was impressed by both the friendly competitive posturing and the overall unity between the folks wearing the respective colors of their teams and the general unified friendly fellowship of the crowd "of many colors".

In my particular seat, fourth in from the aisle, there were fans of Indiana, Purdue, Michigan State and my beloved Golden Gophers of the University of Minnesota. We all were wearing in order red, black, green and my maroon.

While we each would have preferred to see our own team win their game and advance, we all appreciated the competition and were united by our shared pride and affection for the Big 10 Conference and each school as a part of it.

To my right was a fan wearing the orange of Illinois. No fights. No attempts to inflict pain. With about a minute to go in the close game that Illinois would lose, I asked him, "How're ya doin"?" He rolled his eyes. I understood.

There is much that is intensely personal and much that is shared tradition in the pride and affection we five in those five seats felt.

It struck me that this is not unique to sports.

Our love of country is and should be comprised of those features that are both intensely personal and that are shared traditions.

There is no good reason to not love our country for reasons both uniquely personal and pervasively shared.

Why are so many today working so hard to destroy the ideas and beliefs on which our national unity is founded?

What is the motivation of those that seek to divide and destroy the USA? Why are they driven to do this? What are they trying to gain?

. . . . Why are so many today working so hard to destroy the ideas and beliefs on which our national unity is founded?

What is the motivation of those that seek to divide and destroy the USA? Why are they driven to do this? What are they trying to gain?
Progressivism and Globalism.

<>What is the motivation of those that seek to divide and destroy the USA? Why are they driven to do this? What are they trying to gain?

You're the people who invaded the Capitol with intent to murder a bunch of congress, defeat the lawful and constitutional transfer of power to Biden, and install the corrupt criminal who lost the election in his place.

You tell us. Why did you Trumpists try to destroy the USA?

Because guess what. That's what would've happened if 1/6 was successful. You really would have destroyed the country. And if lawful forces took power back, it would be in establishing a second republic. Once killed, you can't ressurect the first.

So tell us. Why did you Trumpists try to destroy the USA?

You're the people who invaded the Capitol with intent to murder a bunch of congress, defeat the lawful and constitutional transfer of power to Biden, and install the corrupt criminal who lost the election in his place.

You tell us. Why did you Trumpists try to destroy the USA?

Because guess what. That's what would've happened if 1/6 was successful. You really would have destroyed the country. And if lawful forces took power back, it would be in establishing a second republic. Once killed, you can't ressurect the first.

So tell us. Why did you Trumpists try to destroy the USA?

Why did you amputate a shred of a thought and present it as if it was a whole thought?

Back
Top Bottom