• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

United to provide COVID-19 tests to customers on San Francisco-Hawaii flights

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

(Reuters) - United Airlines said on Thursday customers traveling from San Francisco to Hawaii would have the option to take a rapid COVID-19 test at the airport or a self-collected, mail-in test ahead of their trip, starting from Oct. 15.

Customers who test negative on either test will not be subjected to the state’s 14-day quarantine requirement, United said.

Airlines are pinning hopes on pre-flight COVID-19 tests as an alternative to quarantines that have decimated travel demand.
============================================================
This could be a windfall or all concerned. The 14-day quarantine requirement for people visiting HI was killing tourism & the airline was suffering lack of ridership as a result.

My wife & I visited Maui some years ago & I was disappointed overall. The flight from Honolulu to Mai arrived just as the rental car place was closing after dark. Then I had a harrowing hour's drive on a dark road to get to the hotel, which was oversold. That's no way to start a vacation.

Back
Top Bottom