• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

United kingdom and UNITED STATES

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Actually the Irish had to take it back but that's besides the point, you know I'm just screwing with you tea sipping British bastards right? Atleast you got some freaking loyalty *cough* French suck *cough* Still gotta love that Michael Collins though.

Michael Collins got screwed over by his own people, you do know that. Michael collins also never wanted a Republic of Ireland, just a government in Dublin to rule domestic affairs while in the UK I don't blame the Irish for wanting to seperate itself from the UK, the British treated them like dog crap on their boot.

ya of course the protestant Brit overlords want to keep their power what about the Irish in Northern Ireland?

I have nationalist friends, they don't treat me with contempt. The Irish who make up about 40% of Northern Ireland are finally getting the equal status they deserve. Peace under the British flag!!! lol

GarzaUK said:
Michael Collins got screwed over by his own people, you do know that. Michael collins also never wanted a Republic of Ireland, just a government in Dublin to rule domestic affairs while in the UK I don't blame the Irish for wanting to seperate itself from the UK, the British treated them like dog crap on their boot.

I have nationalist friends, they don't treat me with contempt. The Irish who make up about 40% of Northern Ireland are finally getting the equal status they deserve. Peace under the British flag!!! lol

Ya those IRA hard liner ****ers killed him for signing the treaty to get the British out, alot of great leaders get killed by their own for wanting peace ie Ghandi, Malcolm X, Anwar Saddat, Yitzak Rabin etc etc.

Aryan Imperium said:
The United Kingdom already allowed itself to become an annex of the USA thanks to that arsehole Churchill.
Any further ties to that multi culti **** hole in the Atlantic would bring even further ruin upon the UK if such a thing were possible.
YANKS GO HOME!

i dont know if this has been answered or now, but what did us americans do to you? i rather like the UK. i really enjoyed my time in London. Churchill was a great Prime Minister that "kept the coarse" of Great Britian during world war 2.

i dont know if this has been answered or now, but what did us americans do to you? i rather like the UK. i really enjoyed my time in London. Churchill was a great Prime Minister that "kept the coarse" of Great Britian during world war 2.
It's been a while since WWII my friend.

Interesting land area comparison: (I made it myself)

attachment.php

Attachments

• UK and USA geo 1300.JPG
    UK and USA geo 1300.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 54
Where the hell's Scotland?

scotland is the northern half of the english part of the UK.

yeah, i know its been a long time since WW2. i know. i was answering Aryan's statement that Winston Churchill was a bad prime minister. i think he was a great prime minister.

I cannot believe that there hasnt been more opposition voiced to this US GB union. My only comfort is that there is absolutely no chance of it happening.

matay_brit said:
I cannot believe that there hasnt been more opposition voiced to this US GB union. My only comfort is that there is absolutely no chance of it happening.

:lol: That's nice.

I dont see why its neccessery i think joining would bring us less close together there is differences in all cultures but we get on fine with the US as it is.

We can take on American ideas as they come if we wish i mean i can see the advantages easier to work in America hopefully the majority of people in this country would realise the national health services is so far behind the kind of healthcare you get through insurance.

However geographically its kinda impractical it could never really be anymore part of America than it already is plus the whole british culture kinda sees a 3 hour drive as a long distance journey.

Also i think in all seriousness we may join the euro and become more a part of europe i mean if europes economy really takes of seperate to ares we may become insignificant in terms of trade.Public support is against it but the media doesent seem to want to debate it and nether political party seems to want to make it position clear.

But hey usa and uk are best of friends in the world plus australlia , new zealand,canada as it is and most of europe and japan can agree on whats basically right and wrong india and even china are potential allies in the future.

mikhail said:
However geographically its kinda impractical it could never really be anymore part of America than it already is plus the whole british culture kinda sees a 3 hour drive as a long distance journey.

Don't speak so soon:

Transatlantic tunnel

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
The Transatlantic Tunnel is a structure proposed by one of the engineers involved in the construction of the Channel Tunnel beneath the English Channel. It would be a tunnel that spans the Atlantic Ocean between New York City and England; the design calls for this tunnel to be raised above the ocean floor (making it a tube—not a tunnel); this is unlike most tunnels (which are dug out from beneath the floor of a water body), but like the Bay Area Rapid Transit system's Transbay Tube in San Francisco. The tunnel would be a 3,100 mile (5,000 km) long vacuum tube with mag-lev trains that could travel at speeds up to 5,000 mph (≈8,000 km/h); at this speed, the travel time between New York and London would be less than one hour. At top speed, the train would travel faster than a bullet fired from a gun. The train would be able to reach such a high speed as a result of the lack of friction and air resistance in this vacuum-sealed environment.
An alternative route that was proposed involved the train going from Newfoundland and heading north over the tundra of Greenland and across Iceland until it reached Scotland. This route is the cheapest but it is considered to be one of the most difficult due to the adverse weather conditions and rough terrain in Greenland, and such a tunnel would lose the vast speed of the mag-lev tube. It is estimated that once started, the project would take about 100+ years to complete.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transatlantic_tunnel

Don't speak so soon:

I watched a tv show on this tunnel, and time travel is going to happen before this.

The tunnel could be complete in about 50 years, if construction started tomorrow!

The cost would be something like the entire GDP of America for 10 years.

They would need all the concrete produced in America for something like 6 years.

Fahget aboudit

TOT said:
U.K. = England, Whales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland (not for long though you limey protestant bastards)

FREE BELFAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Demosthenes said:
THE WHALES HAVE ALLIED WITH THE BRITISH! ROLF LOL :p
As previously corrected its Wales.
Aryan Imperium said:
The United Kingdom already allowed itself to become an annex of the USA thanks to that arsehole Churchill.
Any further ties to that multi culti **** hole in the Atlantic would bring even further ruin upon the UK if such a thing were possible.
YANKS GO HOME!
This is really going to piss you off but i'm afraid to say that when they were here the Yanks got a lot of British *****, your Grandma may have been involved:mrgreen: . Then they f***ed their way across France, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Austria, and Switzerland. Your race hate is groundless here, Europe and America already share blood.
mikhail said:
Also i think in all seriousness we may join the euro and become more a part of europe i mean if europes economy really takes of seperate to ares we may become insignificant in terms of trade.Public support is against it but the media doesent seem to want to debate it and nether political party seems to want to make it position clear.
A possibility I'd support but not under the current European system. If we're going that way then I want a European 'nation'.
mikhail said:
But hey usa and uk are best of friends in the world plus australlia , new zealand,canada as it is and most of europe and japan can agree on whats basically right and wrong india and even china are potential allies in the future.
This is more of a possibility than you may think. US dissatissfaction with the UN could evolve into a kind of 'Commonwealth' of America's friends and political allies.
matay brit said:
I'd oppose it, in favour of Europe, but I wouldn't want to distance ourselves from the US.

millsy said:
I watched a tv show on this tunnel, and time travel is going to happen before this.

The tunnel could be complete in about 50 years, if construction started tomorrow!

The cost would be something like the entire GDP of America for 10 years.

They would need all the concrete produced in America for something like 6 years.

Fahget aboudit

Not to mention that there's no reason to build it.

To UK:

Please annex the U.S. east of the Hudson River. Most of us elsewhere would be happy for you to have it!

alphamale said:
To UK:

Please annex the U.S. east of the Hudson River. Most of us elsewhere would be happy for you to have it!

Yeah, I'm sure everyone would want to lose the NYSE/etc.

afr0byte said:
Yeah, I'm sure everyone would want to lose the NYSE/etc.

The few institutions in the NE Blue State rats nest worth saving like the NYSE can easily be moved.

alphamale said:
The few institutions in the NE Blue State rats nest worth saving like the NYSE can easily be moved.

Yeah, you're going to move Harvard, and Dartmouth, and Columbia, and MIT, etc. You're also going to be able to move Lexington and Concord, etc. :roll: Besides, I'm glad you're not in the NE states.

afr0byte said:
Yeah, you're going to move Harvard, and Dartmouth, and Columbia, and MIT, etc. You're also going to be able to move Lexington and Concord, etc. :roll: Besides, I'm glad you're not in the NE states.

We can move MIT, but you're nuts if you think anyone in the rest of the country wants PC viper pits like harvard and dartmouth. Goldwater was right decades ago when he said that the whole country would be better off if we could cut down the hudson river with a giant saw, and just sort of let you float out to sea, and sink in a festering slimy whirlpool. :lol:

alphamale said:
We can move MIT, but you're nuts if you think anyone in the rest of the country wants PC viper pits like harvard and dartmouth. Goldwater was right decades ago when he said that the whole country would be better off if we could cut down the hudson river with a giant saw, and just sort of let you float out to sea, and sink in a festering slimy whirlpool. :lol:

I hate to tell you, but MIT is pretty liberal too.

afr0byte said:
I hate to tell you, but MIT is pretty liberal too.

That's because, as with many such places, of the scums running it. The real scientists will be kept, not the PC and feminazi administrators.

alphamale said:
That's because, as with many such places, of the scums running it. The real scientists will be kept, not the PC and feminazi administrators.

I dunno, I've known a couple of the scientists there, and they seemed pretty liberal.

Back
Top Bottom