• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

United Earth Government

Would you like a United Earth?

• Total voters
I think the only thing that could lead to humanity being united under a single government worldwide is some sort of external force that threatened the entire species.

I think this sort of thing is the inevitable conclusion of the way things are going now. The way various powers have evolved over time shows that the world is steadily getting more and more interconnected. We already have various international laws and international organizations that influence and motivate policies and policy making throughout the world. I think we are probably in a transition stage right now as it is. I wouldn't see it as a bad thing either, just part of the natural evolution of global politics and government. Nationalism wasn't the first major change in world government and I don't see why it should be the last.

Last edited:
someone once said the human deffinition of paradise is misery. some of these posts are scary because they pander to this belief. we only have s short time on this earth so why wudn't we try to improve quality of life as much as we can instead of resigning ourselves to the mushroom cloud?

starshiptroopers.jpg
I think the only thing that could lead to humanity being united under a single government worldwide is some sort of external force that threatened the entire species.

like this?

someone once said the human deffinition of paradise is misery. some of these posts are scary because they pander to this belief. we only have s short time on this earth so why wudn't we try to improve quality of life as much as we can instead of resigning ourselves to the mushroom cloud?

Who, me? I "pander" to nothing, certainly not feelgood fantasies about how the inevitable cycles of history which have repeated over and over have suddenly been broken.

As humanity, we have relatively good periods and relatively bad periods, never all of humanity at once, and never for good. And the part of humanity which had achieved a measure of light is currently pissing it away because they, by and large, prefer to the see the world as they wish it was as opposed to how it actually is.

Sure, there will be another period of enlightenment after the next dark age, but we're talking hundreds, if not thousands, of years after.

As for trying to make things better, who says I don't? I simply don't work from the perspective that people are becoming nicer and more tolerant toward each other on a global scale, because that's just plain fantasy. Nor do I particularly care for many of the ideas of how to make things "better" from the people who tend to do that.

Or this:

supreme-commander-forged-alliance-20070820031200289-001.jpg

Or this:

Tyranids.jpg

Nothing like aliens out for genocide/assimilation to make you forget your petty squabbles.

Last edited:
Service guarantees citizenship!
Would you like to know more?

IT'S AFRAID!!!!!!!

a great fascist fantasy piece (though I wanted Oberfuhrer Doogie HOwser to sneer at the brain bug and say

Bug Veee have vaays to make you talk!!!)

Or this:

supreme-commander-forged-alliance-20070820031200289-001.jpg

Or this:

Tyranids.jpg

Nothing like aliens out for genocide/assimilation to make you forget your petty squabbles.

Order up a Barrett 50 with 250 rounds of HE

So that if you don't like the government on this planet, you've got somewhere else to go. :)

There always needs to be some interplay between different governments because people are going to have their own preference in how to live.

IT'S AFRAID!!!!!!!

a great fascist fantasy piece (though I wanted Oberfuhrer Doogie HOwser to sneer at the brain bug and say

Bug Veee have vaays to make you talk!!!)

Co-ed showers, though. It's a tradeoff.

Back
Top Bottom