• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unexpected downtime

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Issue with CentOS 64bit kernel has been resolved. There was a well known distributed hack against servers like ours going around. Our ISP was on the ball and patched our system ASAP. Kudos for an awesome host, but in order for the fresh patches to work, the system needed to be rebooted. Had a mini-glitch on the way up.

But, everything appears fine now. To my knowledge, work on our server is complete.

Please accept my apology for the downtime.
Now, back to your regularly scheduled flogging....

Didn't know we were using CentOS. I've been messing with a version of it, recently. Good OS.

It's cool man, and thanxs for all your hard work keeping this forum going.

Please accept my apology for the downtime.

Please don't apologize. This place wouldn't exist if it weren't for you.

Search should now be working again. We needed to reindex the search database this morning. :)

I know that you all are amazing and will pull through, but we are getting close to end of month. If you have not already done so, please consider donating.

After the graph turns full green on the frontpage, consider waiting until the following month.
For accuracy, we have banked $32.50 from last month after paying our bills.

As we can see from the graph and adding that back in, are at risk of not being able to pay for our server for October.

Back
Top Bottom