• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Undisclosed" Political Leanings

TacticalEvilDan

Shankmasta Killa
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Referring specifically to the "Political Leaning" field in every user's profile:

(I'm pretty sure) I've always adversied myself as "Undisclosed." I do this not because I'm trying to hide my beliefs, but because I'm pretty sure my beliefs don't fit a particular label.

When I signed up here a while back, it seemed like most people picked a label. Lately, I've been seeing a lot of Undisclosed leanings.

Is it just me, or are my impressions correct?

I don't really care one way or the other, this is idle curiosity talking.

What about "independent"? I don't really see the point of having an "undisclosed" option.

What does "Independent" even mean?

Heck, at least with "Undisclosed" you know what the poster in question is saying: Find out the hard way! :lol:

Political Leanings make no sense to me really, I say moderate because I niether want to be labelled a Liberal or Conservative because I am those things depending on the Subject at hand.

Conservative and Liberal are subject to culture and timeline. A conservative in America, even a hard core one, would probably be classed as a radical liberal in say... Saudi Arabia.

Thanks to this thread, I just checked the options for political leaning and it includes "Other". Fits me better than "undisclosed" since I'm pretty open about my political leaning-- I'm anti-conservative, anti-liberal, and especially anti-libertarian. Calling myself a "moderate" would just be ridiculous.

Thanks to this thread, I just checked the options for political leaning and it includes "Other". Fits me better than "undisclosed" since I'm pretty open about my political leaning-- I'm anti-conservative, anti-liberal, and especially anti-libertarian. Calling myself a "moderate" would just be ridiculous.

Thanks to Korimyr the Rat, I just checked the options for political leaning and it includes "Other". Fits me better than "undisclosed" since I'm pretty open about my political leaning.

:lol:

Seriously, though, Other does fit me better than Undisclosed.

Anyhow, back to the OP -- are there more Undisclosed members, or is it just me?

You may have a point, except that the commentators are constantly talking about "independent" voters. By calling yourself "other" you firmly separate yourself from that bunch, I imagine.

The "DURKA DURKA JIHAD" says more about your political leaning, accurate or inaccurate, than what it says under your avatar

Really?

Would you mind telling me what either one says about my political leaning?

It says to me you're right wing with a view of Islam which leaves something to be desired as well as a strong arrogent ego. Of course I'm not suggesting those three words are conculsive proof by any means, and I won't treat you as the kind of person I've just described because I give people the benefit of that doubt and assume they are rational, reasonable, praticable people, until its obvious otherwise. But I'm saying to me that does provide a doubt and makes me expect a certain type of response to different stimuli.

It says to me you're right wing with a view of Islam which leaves something to be desired as well as a strong arrogent ego. Of course I'm not suggesting those three words are conculsive proof by any means, and I won't treat you as the kind of person I've just described because I give people the benefit of that doubt and assume they are rational, reasonable, praticable people, until its obvious otherwise. But I'm saying to me that does provide a doubt and makes me expect a certain type of response to different stimuli.

Dude, "Durka durka jihad" is actually from a movie, a parody using puppets that made fun of pretty much everyone: America, Arabs, Islam, the military, the terrorists...

Last edited:
What does "Independent" even mean?

Heck, at least with "Undisclosed" you know what the poster in question is saying: Find out the hard way! :lol:

I chose "Independent" because I think for myself and don't necessarily adhere to any one political party. Depending on the issue, my viewpoint may be libertarian, conservative, centrist or indifferent... except when I'm a radical individualist who plays a little guitar, which is every other Thursday.

I do tend to favor the Republicans over the Democrats, but only as a matter of the lesser of two evils. When the Republican candidate sucks, I tend to vote libertarian or constitution party in protest. When there is a democrat candidate who is clearly better suited to the job than the republican, I would vote for him (and have done so a couple times in the past), though honestly this is rare.

I don't "label" well.

Last edited:
Ive heard Durka Durka Jihad used to describe all kinds of things, including Muslims in a negative light the same way one might stereotype races or other religions. Now I realize it may have more innocent origins but it gives me, personally, an impression. Thats all im saying.

Its not a big deal at all.

Ive heard Durka Durka Jihad used to describe all kinds of things, including Muslims in a negative light the same way one might stereotype races or other religions. Now I realize it may have more innocent origins but it gives me, personally, an impression. Thats all im saying.

Its not a big deal at all.

Yes, but in point of fact it could mean anything. He could be making fun of Muslims, or he could be making fun of people who think all Muslims are jihadi-wannabees... or maybe he just liked that movie.

With respect to the "DIRKA DIRKA" thing, Goshin almost got it in one.

I've been characterized as a "terrorist sympathizer" often enough that I decided to make fun of the people who do that by quoting the movie that makes fun of pretty much everybody.

That's actually why I quoted Lincoln in my sig as well -- as a joke, because the man obviously didn't believe what he was saying.

As for my views on Islam, I like to think I'm fairly moderate and well-rounded, which I'm sure makes me a "leftist" by the calculations of some.

I chose "Independent" because I think for myself and don't necessarily adhere to any one political party. Depending on the issue, my viewpoint may be libertarian, conservative, centrist or indifferent... except when I'm a radical individualist who plays a little guitar, which is every other Thursday.

I do tend to favor the Republicans over the Democrats, but only as a matter of the lesser of two evils. When the Republican candidate sucks, I tend to vote libertarian or constitution party in protest. When there is a democrat candidate who is clearly better suited to the job than the republican, I would vote for him (and have done so a couple times in the past), though honestly this is rare.

I don't "label" well.

Fair enough. Personally, I avoided the label because it's been hijacked to mean "voters who aren't registered to a party and who make up their mind at the very last second on election day."

I picked Independent because I'm not really a conservative, nor am I really a liberal, or really a libertarian (altho i like them the best) and centrist doesn't feel right either.

Fair enough. Personally, I avoided the label because it's been hijacked to mean "voters who aren't registered to a party and who make up their mind at the very last second on election day."

Some do that. But I think most are like me and vote for the person who best matches their stance on the issues. We are the unpredictable factor in every election.

I think it used to just not show anything for people who chose "undisclosed." If so that's why you're seeing a whole bunch of them now

Referring specifically to the "Political Leaning" field in every user's profile:

(I'm pretty sure) I've always adversied myself as "Undisclosed." I do this not because I'm trying to hide my beliefs, but because I'm pretty sure my beliefs don't fit a particular label.

When I signed up here a while back, it seemed like most people picked a label. Lately, I've been seeing a lot of Undisclosed leanings.

Is it just me, or are my impressions correct?

I don't really care one way or the other, this is idle curiosity talking.

When I first registered here, I listed my leaning as "slightly liberal." That's because at least 51% of the time, I support liberal ideals and policies. The converse of this is: at least 49% of the time, I do not support liberal ideals and policies. :doh

I am endlessly amused by the partisan attacks upon me (and others) who simply do not fit 100% into any political category (and let's be honest; that surely encompasses a good number of us). Witness this humorous assault:

... you want to mouthfoam in defense of party...

But I wouldn't expect a partisan hack like you to see that....

But see, the reality is, I could never even remotely be considered a person who posts "in defense of a party (certainly not the way Rev does in defense of his sacred Tea Party, anyway) " nor a "partisan hack" by true, hell-bent Liberals. They'd disown me in a heartbeat because I'm adamantly in favor of the death penalty, chain gangs (a la Cool Hand Luke), three strikes, and Joe Arpaio's methods of incarceration. I'm outraged that we haven't yet built a fence to defend our southern borders (hell, I'd erect motion-detector sniper machine guns on posts along the border: "Are you bigger than a rabbit? Yes?" BLAM!).

This leaves mouth-foamer Tea Party types like Rev at a distinct disadvantage on the "partisan hack" accusations , but of course, that doesn't stop Rev or his ilk. ;)

Forgive them, Lord, for they know not what they bloviate and have no idea how patently ridiculous their accusations are. :lamo

Last edited:
In my humble opinion, and this will surely stir up some controversy, If you are not liberal or conservative, you are on the fence ready to jump off on the most popular side on any given debate.

In my humble opinion, and this will surely stir up some controversy, If you are not liberal or conservative, you are on the fence ready to jump off on the most popular side on any given debate.

There can be more than two opposing positions in a debate.

The difficulty with this position is that if you put 10 Americans in the same room and ask them to define Liberal versus Conservative, you won't necessarily get agreement on the two definitions.

Throw in an equal number of Europeans, and all sorts of confusion will ensue.

Toss in a few of the founding fathers, and nuclear explosion will likely result. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom