• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Underwater video uncovers mass kill from Matson molasses spill

I didn't set the bar. Those who put forth the candidates and elect them set the bar, and those who promote them while in office maintain the standard. I suppose you believe you're a stand-up guy when you take exception to those who question that standard or those who may allude to something a bit more demanding than popular notions.

You were talking about the bar you set for yourself, so you did indeed set that bar.

You can't blame the politicians, that's like getting drunk and blaming a bunch of other drunks.

You were talking about the bar you set for yourself, so you did indeed set that bar.

You can't blame the politicians, that's like getting drunk and blaming a bunch of other drunks.
No, trying to keep up with the leaders of our nation doesn't imply that I accept it - it's merely an acknowledgement of where the public bar is. You could have gathered that from the first post on the subject.

No, trying to keep up with the leaders of our nation doesn't imply that I accept it - it's merely an acknowledgement of where the public bar is. You could have gathered that from the first post on the subject.

Oh, I get it -- so when the cows go moo, so do you. You don't make up your own mind, you let popular opinion do it for you. Got it.

Oh, I get it -- so when the cows go moo, so do you. You don't make up your own mind, you let popular opinion do it for you. Got it.
I don't know what you got. But, probably an ill-advised post on my part. Rotten mood at the time, which is unusual for me. The "cold sweets won't spread" is not original, anyway. It comes from Saul Bellow, and I should give him credit, if there's any to be given. Have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom