• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Understanding Bisexuality

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

The term “bisexual” is used to describe a person who experiences emotional, romantic and/or sexual attractions to, or engages in romantic or sexual relationships with, more than one sex or gender. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported in a 2016 publication that 1.3 percent of women and 1.9 percent of men said they were “homosexual, gay, or lesbian,” and that 5.5 percent of women and 2 percent of men said they were bisexual. These finding indicate that bisexual people may comprise the largest single group in the LGB community for both women and men. Nevertheless, many believe that bisexuality does not really exist, and bisexual people suffer bi-invisibility or erasure and bi-negativity from both the lesbian and gay community and the heterosexual community, which may explain evidence suggesting higher rates of health disparities bisexuals experience compared to either. Here are a few more research findings:

===========================================================================
I engaged in bisexual activity as a teen before girls & a driver's license were available. I have also engaged in this play when my younger wife was traveling & I was home alone & had access to Craigslist Personals. I also engaged in a episodic affair with local guys when my wife was away. Unfortunately the lockdown & the pandemic ended my having m/m sex with a local guy. My attitude is don't knock it until you've tried it.

I engaged in bisexual activity as a teen before girls & a driver's license were available. I have also engaged in this play when my younger wife was traveling & I was home alone & had access to Craigslist Personals. I also engaged in a episodic affair with local guys when my wife was away. Unfortunately the lockdown & the pandemic ended my having m/m sex with a local guy. My attitude is don't knock it until you've tried it.

Two things from this. The first as general information. Sexual activity and sexual orientation are two separate things. One can engage in bisexual activity without being bisexual. Orientation only applies to what sexually attracts you, not what you are willing to shag.

I do take offense at you calling an orientation a play. That implies that it's a kink thus a choice, instead of an orientation.

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what there is to understand. The label's meaning is self-evident!

Back
Top Bottom