• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Under Trump, Gains Against ISIS Have ‘Dramatically Accelerated'

Those groups could grow in Iraq because Saddam wiped out social capital. Through tyranny and genocide, Saddam created the inevitable. Unless he was allowed to remain a genocidal dictator forever, this was going to happen.

A nation can not have its social capital obliterated and then not experience difficulties in the rebuilding process. If we must blame someone other than the terrorists themselves, by going back to the creation of fertile ground, let's go back to what actually created that fertile ground; it was not the removal of the dictator (something that had to happen eventually), it was the dictator.

That region of the world has been trying to commit genocide among one another since biblical times, this is nothing new that started with saddam keeping things under control, and his reign did nothing to foster the hate unless you consider him protecting shia islam and christians as fostering hate that exploded when he was taken down.

There were not many stretches of peace in the middle east, religiously it is the most diverse with more religions than any other region surviving, while at the same time many of those religions are under threat of prosecutions and genocide. Iraq and syria kept them in check with an iron fist, iran protected other groups through it's constitution and rule of law, and prior to the end of the ottoman empire the ottomans kept peace throughout the middle east by seperating towns by religion, and allowing the people of each town to install their own religious laws seperate from the others, rather than merging them together because they knew what would happen.

Take your stereotyping and shove it. I'm not on any "side". I speak for myself.

Quit raising strawmen.

Who is ignoring AQAP?

"Stereotyping"?

Perhaps you should check your lean, and then start actually paying attention to what others claim.

No strawmen being raised here.

According to your article, Obama.

"Stereotyping"?

Perhaps you should check your lean, and then start actually paying attention to what others claim.

I'm a conservative...but I don't have a "side". In fact, I support some typical liberal issues (not many...but some). But don't go thinking I support any Party or side. I'm not part of a herd. So, again...take your stereotyping and shove it.

Okay. So what does Obama have to do with anything? He's not around anymore. Heck, I don't think he's even in the country.

That region of the world has been trying to commit genocide among one another since biblical times, this is nothing new that started with saddam keeping things under control, and his reign did nothing to foster the hate unless you consider him protecting shia islam and christians as fostering hate that exploded when he was taken down.

There were not many stretches of peace in the middle east, religiously it is the most diverse with more religions than any other region surviving, while at the same time many of those religions are under threat of prosecutions and genocide. Iraq and syria kept them in check with an iron fist, iran protected other groups through it's constitution and rule of law, and prior to the end of the ottoman empire the ottomans kept peace throughout the middle east by seperating towns by religion, and allowing the people of each town to install their own religious laws seperate from the others, rather than merging them together because they knew what would happen.

Saddam created fertile ground for ISIS by killing everyone that opposed his power, leaving no legitimate civilian infrastructure. The reason ISIS and AlQ could rise in Iraq post-Saddam is his obliteration of social capital (leaders, free thinkers, independent professionals, independent scientists, etc). One way or another, one day or another, Saddam would lose power and we'd see what we see today. There was no avoiding it; it's his fault. He could not perpetually fill the void he intentionally created to sustain his tyranny.

I'm a conservative...but I don't have a "side". In fact, I support some typical liberal issues (not many...but some). But don't go thinking I support any Party or side. I'm not part of a herd. So, again...take your stereotyping and shove it.

Okay. So what does Obama have to do with anything? He's not around anymore. Heck, I don't think he's even in the country.

"Sterotyping" my ass. I've seen no evidence that you, despite your proclamations to the contrary, actually ever break out of "the herd". It's all knee jerk defense of the draft dodger in chief.

Gee, that's what I was wondering too. You conservatives can't seem to get through the shortest thread without someone bringing up Obama, Hilary Clinton or both.

The battle for Mosul was seen as the turning point against ISIS and it was fought by the Iraqi army for months before Trump even entered office. Trump is as responsible for the defeat of ISIS as he is for the current economy. It must be nice to not inherit an America on fire.

He kind of did though, remember? The 8 years of Obama supporting anti-police groups like BLM, stroking the Iranians while they build nuclear reactors, and financing the Arab Spring (birth of Isis) are all a part of Obama's legacy.

Economically, job growth during the Obama years was fueled low wage, part time jobs. Donna Brazille even said as much.

Trump inherited plenty.

"Stereotyping"?

You appear to be pro-Bush, pro-Obama, pro-anything that the ruling elites dictate. Not very 'independent' to say the least.

Can you at least give him credit for something? Even WaPo gave it up, and 99% of their coverage is strictly 'anti Drumf' rhetoric.

The problem with giving Trump credit is that he is not doing or saying very much of anything. He said he is leaving it up to the Generals. So here's my compliment. Trump did a good job recognizing that he has no clue about the wars in the M.E and the military does. That said, there has no been any real changes in tactics since Obama and the fall of ISIS was expected to speed up as their supply routes become history thanks to our air power. I also find it alarming that so many military and former military are taking civilian jobs in the Trump Administration. Out nation is supposed to be run by civilians and there is a reason for that.

Last edited:
"Sterotyping" my ass. I've seen no evidence that you, despite your proclamations to the contrary, actually ever break out of "the herd". It's all knee jerk defense of the draft dodger in chief.

Gee, that's what I was wondering too. You conservatives can't seem to get through the shortest thread without someone bringing up Obama, Hilary Clinton or both.

???

I didn't bring up Obama...you did.

You are becoming tedious with your blather.

You are dismissed.

You appear to be pro-Bush, pro-Obama, pro-anything that the ruling elites dictate. Not very 'independent' to say the least.

I'm sorry I don't support your long debunked conspiracy theories about the Jews, your man crush on Saddam, your nonchalant support of the Taliban.....

"Independent" is not supposed to be synonymous for "believes whatever idiotic conspiracy theory comes down the pipe" depaite what you seem to think

???

I didn't bring up Obama...you did.

You are becoming tedious with your blather.

You are dismissed.

Hey, try paying attention next time you are in a "Breaking News" or "General Political Discussion" thread. See how many posts it takes for one of you "conservatives" to bring up Clinton and or Obama.

It's never very long.

Isis were retreating before January 20, but the point of the thread is that Trump is more aggressive than his predecessor was.

Are there any policies of the Trump administration that you like?
I like his focus on ending illegal immigration. But that's about it. There's probably a few other things here & there.

As to Isis, well they pretty much have had their asses kicked without Trump's assistance, so I'm not sure what the claim of his over-aggression is about. Dead, is dead.

I like his focus on ending illegal immigration. But that's about it. There's probably a few other things here & there.

As to Isis, well they pretty much have had their asses kicked without Trump's assistance, so I'm not sure what the claim of his over-aggression is about. Dead, is dead.

Taking MOSUL at great cost..... the forces IRAQ needs to put down a civil war(Keep the place together) got ground up.

And the Iranians are now owed.

Obama did this.

NOT COOL

He kind of did though, remember? The 8 years of Obama supporting anti-police groups like BLM, stroking the Iranians while they build nuclear reactors, and financing the Arab Spring (birth of Isis) are all a part of Obama's legacy.

Economically, job growth during the Obama years was fueled low wage, part time jobs. Donna Brazille even said as much.

Trump inherited plenty.

So where are your numbers showing these jobs are different, high quality jobs? You're pointing at the same exact trends and numbers as Obama and labeling it arbitrarily "good" because your guy is in office now.

And dirty cops who aren't held accountable for their actions created BLM, not Obama.

So where are your numbers showing these jobs are different, high quality jobs? You're pointing at the same exact trends and numbers as Obama and labeling it arbitrarily "good" because your guy is in office now.

You're trying to strawman here. But I'll ask you this; how is someone supposed to reverse the job trends after only 6 months in office?

And dirty cops who aren't held accountable for their actions created BLM, not Obama.

Yeah, all 5 or 6 of them that became national figures in BO's 8 years in office. Yet he chose to focus on them instead of curbing the violence in black communities. Why?

You're trying to strawman here. But I'll ask you this; how is someone supposed to reverse the job trends after only 6 months in office?
Yeah, all 5 or 6 of them that became national figures in BO's 8 years in office. Yet he chose to focus on them instead of curbing the violence in black communities. Why?

I realize the economy hasn't changed at all since Trump entered office, but conservatives are rejoicing at how great the economy is as if it magically became better on the 20th of january. Likewise, the battle for Mosul and the retaking of northern Iraq began long before Trump entered office and it's disingenuous to try to chalk it up as his victory.

Just because the president is black does not mean it's his sole job in life to "curb black violence", especially when the rage from african americans stems from dirty cops hiding from justice behind the blue shield. He did try police reform (to fix the core issue) but the police do not want to reform. That's why they're kicking and screaming about body cameras right now. They do not want to be held accountable for their actions.

By the way, this is the "job trend" Trump will be trying to 'reverse'.

latest_numbers_LNS14000000_2007_2017_all_period_M07_data.gif

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

Let's see if he can get the number back up! MAGA!

Last edited:
I realize the economy hasn't changed at all since Trump entered office, but conservatives are rejoicing at how great the economy is as if it magically became better on the 20th of january. Likewise, the battle for Mosul and the retaking of northern Iraq began long before Trump entered office and it's disingenuous to try to chalk it up as his victory.

Just because the president is black does not mean it's his sole job in life to "curb black violence", especially when the rage from african americans stems from dirty cops hiding from justice behind the blue shield. He did try police reform (to fix the core issue) but the police do not want to reform. That's why they're kicking and screaming about body cameras right now. They do not want to be held accountable for their actions.

By the way, this is the "job trend" Trump will be trying to 'reverse'.

latest_numbers_LNS14000000_2007_2017_all_period_M07_data.gif

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

Let's see if he can get the number back up! MAGA!

This is a hot pile of poop.

- I don't care what 'conservatives say about the economy'.
- I've never said I thought Trump has created a boom in the economy.
- I never 'chalked the progress in Mosul up to Trump'
- I never said Obama's race had anything to do with anything
- Where is your proof that police officers are 'kicking and screaming' on the issue of body cameras?
- Your BLS graph shows job levels falling though almost every year of BO's presidency. Reversing that trend would be good, yes?

To whom do you refer?

I can list individual members of Congress who are clearly more concerned with serving Israel's needs over that of the U.S. if you'd like, such as Ben Cardin, ex House member, now Senator. But I'll let ex congresswoman Cynthia McKinney tell it best; this video blows the lid on what I was talking about.

I can list individual members of Congress who are clearly more concerned with serving Israel's needs over that of the U.S. if you'd like, such as Ben Cardin, ex House member, now Senator. But I'll let ex congresswoman Cynthia McKinney tell it best; this video blows the lid on what I was talking about.

So, no evidence. Not clicking. At least you named one person who's supposedly part of this Jewish conspiracy.

Do you usually take McKinney's word as fact or only in this case?

This is a hot pile of poop.

- I don't care what 'conservatives say about the economy'.
- I've never said I thought Trump has created a boom in the economy.
- I never 'chalked the progress in Mosul up to Trump'
- I never said Obama's race had anything to do with anything
- Where is your proof that police officers are 'kicking and screaming' on the issue of body cameras?
- Your BLS graph shows job levels falling though almost every year of BO's presidency. Reversing that trend would be good, yes?
Lol, the numbers I posted were the unemployment numbers. I fully believe your boy can reverse the trend and make that go back up, and no, that is the opposite of a good thing.

So, no evidence. Not clicking. At least you named one person who's supposedly part of this Jewish conspiracy.

Do you usually take McKinney's word as fact or only in this case?

Are you not capable of watching a short video? Give me a break man.

Should I question what McKinney says? I'm being honest here, maybe you know something I don't.

Lol, the numbers I posted were the unemployment numbers. I fully believe your boy can reverse the trend and make that go back up, and no, that is the opposite of a good thing.

My mistake, your graph didn't say what it was supposed to represent, and I didn't click the link.

What does your graph prove? You're aware that BLS numbers don't reflect people who've dropped off the radar, and counts part time workers as job increases?

Trump is making good on his campaign promise to defeat Isis, which I'm glad about. The sooner this plague is removed from earth, the better.

Who is really responsible for the decline of ISIS, assuming their expansion into the PHillipines does not contradict that meme, the US who supports them, or Russia and Syria who attack them?

Believing what the US government says is frequently a large error.

Who is really responsible for the decline of ISIS, assuming their expansion into the PHillipines does not contradict that meme, the US who supports them, or Russia and Syria who attack them?

Believing what the US government says is frequently a large error.

Do you ever get tired of posting unsupported nonsense T-72?

Russia and Syria created the situation in the first place by their brutal treatment of the Syrian civilian populace.

What's the answer to all of this then?

Well, it sure s hell isn't the greatest liar in the history of the American presidency. Trump is a draft dodger yet claims to know more about all of our military brass. I ask, how did he gain all of this knowledge? Playing with GI Joe toys?

Back
Top Bottom