• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Under the Dome and Gun Control

Mizmo

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The new TV series "Under the Dome" made a weak stab at gun control in the latest program. I noticed that a crowd of folks turned in their firearms, while the one that didn't was portrayed as a looney. BTW, the TV series is nothing at all like the book!:lamo

What kind of people go through life noticing every little thing that upsets them and then feel the need to tell people about it?

What kind of people go through life noticing every little thing that upsets them and then feel the need to tell people about it?

Because he saw the liberal media stab at promoting gun control on a new tv show.
Because in reality, just how many of us are just going to throw thousands and thousands of dollars worth of guns in a big pile?
Its an ignorant proposal.

the show sucks anyway.

The apocalypse (localized in this case) is at hand! Turn in your guns!

Yeah, that'll happen. :roll:

(I haven't seen any of the show) But pretending that people would give up their guns during chaos and uncertainty is stupid.

(I haven't seen any of the show) But pretending that people would give up their guns during chaos and uncertainty is stupid.

the show is stupid as hell. some mysterious dome just dropped out of the freakin sky and cut this POS town off from the rest of the world and apparently no one on the entire planet knows where it came from or what it is. I can't see it following the King novel even remotely since it would not make for any long term run. (in the novel almost everyone is killed in short order and "the dome" turns out to be the alien equivalent of kids putting lightening bugs in a mason jar.)

Because he saw the liberal media stab at promoting gun control on a new tv show.
Because in reality, just how many of us are just going to throw thousands and thousands of dollars worth of guns in a big pile?
Its an ignorant proposal.

Its a TV show, a bad one at that, its not "liberal" its just trying to make money from ad revenue like literally every other TV program that has ever existed, not everything is motivated by politics.

I swear some people need to stop viewing everything in the world through their political kaleidoscope

Its a TV show, a bad one at that, its not "liberal" its just trying to make money from ad revenue like literally every other TV program that has ever existed, not everything is motivated by politics.

I swear some people need to stop viewing everything in the world through their political kaleidoscope

Everything is political. There is no magic vacuum from which some things arrive.

Politicians. ;)

Not only must they tell us, they ask us to promote (and fund) their proposed gov't solutions.

Yea, sure. Not liberal at all to find yourself in a trap and disarm.

the show is stupid as hell. some mysterious dome just dropped out of the freakin sky and cut this POS town off from the rest of the world and apparently no one on the entire planet knows where it came from or what it is. I can't see it following the King novel even remotely since it would not make for any long term run. (in the novel almost everyone is killed in short order and "the dome" turns out to be the alien equivalent of kids putting lightening bugs in a mason jar.)

That sounds like a good idea for a Simpson's episode.

That sounds like a good idea for a Simpson's episode.

exactly. it would be a good idea for a simpson's episode or maybe even a mini-series but a prime time regular series? stupid as hell

Everything is political. There is no magic vacuum from which some things arrive.

Yea, sure. Not liberal at all to find yourself in a trap and disarm.

Jesus Christ. Some times a poorly written TV show is just a TV show and not a commentary on gun politics, I feel like this should be something that should only have to be explained to the most politically zealous among us.

Jesus Christ. Some times a poorly written TV show is just a TV show and not a commentary on gun politics, I feel like this should be something that should only have to be explained to the most politically zealous among us.

Iam zealous about our rights. They are important to me.

The personal, and everything else, is political. Nothing comes from a vacuum.

It must be nice to believe in an imaginary place where things come from, out of thin air, with no reference or meaning. Is that place called Ostrich-land? And how much of the things you observe in life come from this mystical place?

It floated down from the sky, with no point of reference or tangental meaning!!
Yeah, ok.

To me, the belief in such a thing seems amazingly small minded, simpleton and intentionally ignorant.

There is no reference, it's like magic!!
:roll:

Last edited:

The personal, and everything else, is political. Nothing comes from a vacuum.

It must be nice to believe in an imaginary place where things come from, out of thin air, with no reference or meaning. Is that place called Ostrich-land? And how much of the things you observe in life come from this mystical place?

It floated down from the sky, with no point of reference or tangental meaning!!
Yeah, ok.

To me, the belief in such a thing seems amazingly small minded, simpleton and intentionally ignorant.

There is no reference, it's like magic!!
:roll:

Why the hell would politics be the origin of all things? Holy ****.

Why the hell would politics be the origin of all things? Holy ****.

That's not what I said. Think bigger.

Everything is political. Nothing exists in a vacuum. Can you accept that, or do you still believe in a mystical place where things are untouched by politics?

Putting your head in the sand will not make things apolitical.

That's not what I said. Think bigger.

Everything is political. Nothing exists in a vacuum. Can you accept that, or do you still believe in a mystical place where things are untouched by politics?

Putting your head in the sand will not make things apolitical.

I think sometimes, and bear with me, TV show writters don't think about their politics when writting a script.... maybe, just maybe, they think about other things like "Will this be an interesting character," or "will people want to watch this" or "will this get approved and give me some nice resume material?"

Call me crazy I know.

They took them during Katrina, so I think some would turn in their guns.

I think sometimes, and bear with me, TV show writters don't think about their politics when writting a script....

Impossible. Only a moron could write something and fail to see the political implications. Morons exist, sure, but their work is still influenced by and within the context of politics.

They took them during Katrina, so I think some would turn in their guns.

Katrina was not the apocalypse. A magical dome from the sky could be.

Also, those people were stupid and some paid the price.

When the **** hits the fan, do you plan to give up your gun?

Impossible. Only a moron could write something and fail to see the political implications. Morons exist, sure, but their work is still influenced by and within the context of politics.

Are you trolling me or something?

Katrina was not the apocalypse. A magical dome from the sky could be.

Also, those people were stupid and some paid the price.

None of that matters. The fact is some would in even an emergency situation turn in their guns. Some people are good little sheep.

None of that matters. The fact is some would in even an emergency situation turn in their guns. Some people are good little sheep.

and like good little sheep...they are usually the first ones to be "sheared" ;)

Correction: stupid little sheep.

Back
Top Bottom